Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album!

Jeffhog

But they are all different sizes......

If you put the album on somewhere such as iTunes or some kind of music player, they all look the same size, so..I don't think the actual image size should be that big of a deal.

That is, unless you planned to do something different with them.

If you put the album on somewhere such as iTunes or some kind of music player, they all look the same size, so..I don't think the actual image size should be that big of a deal.

That is, unless you planned to do something different with them.

Nah, that's just about right.

I'd like to say that the album is now complete, ID3 tags and all, but... there's a slight technical problemo regarding 3 particular songs. Specifically, I can't seem to put on the Album Artworks on them for whatever reason (they're .wav files). Since I can't get to either Wilderness or eXtaticus at the moment, I need help now.

EDIT: In the meantime, I'm heading to bed... 'tis already 3:40am and I spent all that time setting up the playlist order, and now I'm tired as hell. 'night!

Edited by VizardJeffhog

My solution would be to download Audacity (its free) as well as the lame.dll (I think thats the one, it'll tell you) and then export them out as mp3s.

If you ask me I think using different album covers for each CD/set seems a bit... Inconsistent and kind of last minute-ish. Usually I prefer to have one album cover represent all of it. It feels more thought out.

That said I could easily make CD labels of each of the covers and they can be applied to the respective sets.

EDIT: I've done some lazy CD labels as a compromise since I won't be having much time and I need to put focus on the back cover as well. These were made using a template (http://mach5.deviantart.com/art/CD-Cover-Design-Template-v2-1940780 URL tags doesn't seem to work for me here) considering I don't have much time right now in going through the details and complications of making my own right now.

The DPI is printing quality on these (300) and in a bitmap format so I can't post here lest you want MASSIVE slowdowns so I'll Dropbox the direct links. They probably would have been better quality if I had the PSD's at hand (as it stands I only managed to make one in a not-so-shabby quality of mine and Sean's cover) and it was tricky to figure out what to do with Zolo's since that was a label on it's own but I think this is a fair compromise.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1373855/disc1.bmp

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1373855/disc2.bmp

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1373855/disc3.bmp

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1373855/disc4.bmp

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to say that the album is now complete, ID3 tags and all, but... there's a slight technical problemo regarding 3 particular songs. Specifically, I can't seem to put on the Album Artworks on them for whatever reason (they're .wav files). Since I can't get to either Wilderness or eXtaticus at the moment, I need help now.

WAV Files do not have ID3 data like MP3s do.

In other words, To apply Album Artwork to those files, you need to first (as mentioned) convert them to MP3 (The format they should be in ANYWAYS) and then you will be free to apply any and all ID3 information - including Artwork, to the files.

WAVs are uncompressed formats. Great for audio editing and DJing if thats your thing, but for a digital album release - unless everyone has copies in WAV/FLAC/ (Uncompressed) MP3 (Compressed) - the standard is typically MP3, and that's what they should all be in - at the very least, for the sake of size.

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::

I like the idea of using all 4 album arts, though I think we'd need to stick on "Part 1, 2, 3 and 4" tags onto the art. =3 Kinda like Carbo's edits.

Edited by Aptiva

FFFFFFFFFFF---

Every time I try to open Audacity and import the files, it keeps shutting down! One of 'em was even shortened down to a second!

EDIT: Wait, I got it!

Edited by VizardJeffhog

Okay, .wav files averted.

So... you're saying we shouldn't use the 4 album covers as they are? I don't exactly see why not.. o.o?

\o/

Although it was "Final Egg (Generations Classic Style)" but I'm good with what you have, too!

Edited by Aptiva

I think it was merely consistency's sake for most of the titles since I see most of your other songs were directly stated covers of select named tracks i.e Back 2 Back and Unawakening Float.

A few other titles had to be shortened a tad for consistency but also because OH GOD IT'S SO HARD TO FIT IN 45 TRACKS IN A BACK COVER AURGH

• Thumbs Up 2

Got a nice little .zip folder ready~! Carbo, my guinea pig, shall ensure that everything's neat and tidy!

If so, I declare that the project is COMPLETE!

• Thumbs Up 6

C20H25N3O Is actually how it's written...but no worries. ^_^;;

Looks pretty darn good if you ask me

Glad to have been apart of the project!

C20H25N3O Is actually how it's written...but no worries. happy.png;;

Looks pretty darn good if you ask me

Glad to have been apart of the project!

Trust me, if I could've shortened the numbers on the file name, I would, but couldn't. ^^;

And it's been awesome to have you aboard, DJ EAR! XD

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, I'm gone for like a day and come back to a bunch of win! That was...really fast LOL. I thought it was going to be more of a hair-pull to get everything situated and out the door, but that was awesomely fast and efficient; I LIKE THIS.

This is also where Sean cries, since I'm on all the album covers, except his, D;.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really happy with where my tracks are placed (Y)

Loving that they call me sonic is second to last :D

Cant wait to see this finished! Will we be getting a post on the official Sonic Stadium site?

• Thumbs Up 1