Awoo.

The SSMB School/University Thread; Also a Homework Help Topic

-Robin-

If anyone needs help with things like Philosophy and English papers I'm usually pretty good at this. I also tutor Astronomy but I doubt anyone will need help with that :u

Actually I've done well in almost all my classes, but most of those are generals it's hard to tutor people in since they vary so much.

Just don't bother me now or next week, until finals are over >:I

• Thumbs Up 2

I am sad that our Human Sexuality class does not even have a term paper.

But now I have to write a term paper about Art History, basically what I encountered during a trip to the local museum. I tend to switch between work and looking at other websites, none the less. Basically I get away from looking at one wall of text to look at another wall of text.

Next semester, I will demand a Honors Grant for my Zoology class.

I'm in my third and fourth AP classes now, AP Language & Composition and AP World History, having taken and passed (4/5 on the exam for both) AP Psychology and AP Human Geography last year as a high school freshman.

My hardest class at the moment? Honors Chemistry. I have a great teacher, but fuck this stuff is hard for me to wrap my head around. :/

Okay, what the fuck, bro. Can I please ask you how you are taking both AP Language and Composition and AP World History as a sophomore? That's what I'm taking now as a Junior and there's absolutely no way for us to take it any earlier. I'm just especially curious because usually its only Math and Science that can be taken in advance 'round these parts.

And yes, Chemistry for me was a pain in the ass. I have no idea how I aced it, lol.

Considering the fact that I'm going to college for animation, almost everything I learned in school is completely fucking useless for me. Oh, and by the way. Fuck math

Awesome! That's what I plan on majoring in in College. Computer or Traditional? Or Stop motion? Haha, sorry, I'm just curious.

Well, as a junior, the only thing I've been thinking about is college. And instead of being here I should be studying for the SAT, which scares the living crap out of me ;_;.... And doing my spanish paper. Ah, well.

Edited by Melru

Okay, what the fuck, bro. Can I please ask you how you are taking both AP Language and Composition and AP World History as a sophomore? That's what I'm taking now as a Junior and there's absolutely no way for us to take it any earlier. I'm just especially curious because usually its only Math and Science that can be taken in advance 'round these parts.

My school has a weird accelerated education system, allowing us to start some of our high school classes as early as 7th grade (my sister's taking Geometry as an 8th grader right now). At the time I was in middle school, however, it wasn't until 8th grade that we got that opportunity. My 8th grade year I was in Honors Algebra I, Honors English I, Honors American History, and Honors Earth Science. After American History they offered the choice between World Cultural Geography (Honors, I think, but I'm not sure) and AP Human, which I promptly signed up for. It's generally recommended to take AP World after AP Human, so yeah. With English, I took English II last year and asked my teacher if I could skip ahead to AP Lang as opposed to English III, she said yes (probably because of my kickass Scrooge impression when we read A Christmas Carol as a play >;3) and I'm about to read 1984 by George Orwell as a result.

So far, I'm loving AP Lang a lot more than English II. For one, I have an awesome teacher (though I also loved my English II teacher) who always says exactly what everyone's thinking (when talking about a character that was being a total bitch in Slaughterhouse Five: "She's just being a total bitch!") and apparently got up on a desk and started dancing in order to demonstrate (lord knows what) something to the class last year. I'm also actually liking these books so far, especially compared to English II's list; To Kill a Mocking Bird was great, Night was okay, A Separate Peace was absolutely horrid, A Christmas Carol sucked, and Othello was okay. This year? I loved Catcher in the Rye and Slaughterhouse Five. Hopefully 1984 keeps up the good start.

And yes, Chemistry for me was a pain in the ass. I have no idea how I aced it, lol.

Today's Chemistry Test: Write out the electron configuration for Carbon in its *something I don't remember* state.

Me: ;~;

Today's other test?

AP Lang Slaughterhouse Five test: Come up with a symbol not previously mentioned on the test and explain its meaning and significance.

Me: The horses described in the scene in which Billy is exploring the wreckage of Dresden with the other American POW's are shown to be suffering greatly, with the point being especially emphasized due to Billy actually being driven to cry because of it. Throughout his experience in the war; seeing masses of corpses and watching people within close proximity of him die for a multitude of reasons (all of which humiliating and completely lacking any shred of dignity), Billy never sheds a single tear. The horses symbolize the pointless suffering brought about by the war: they're forced beyond their will to march forward with their hooves broken (no doubt causing excruciating pain) for reasons they don't understand. This specific injury ties to the soldiers themselves, as American soldier Roland Weary was forced to march forward in clogs so painful they completely destroyed his feat and even caused his death.

Yeah, I'm more of a language guy than a science guy. happy.png

My school has a weird accelerated education system, allowing us to start some of our high school classes as early as 7th grade (my sister's taking Geometry as an 8th grader right now).

XP Our Junior High School has the same thing. Algebra I in 7th, Honors Geometry in 8th.

My school has a weird accelerated education system, allowing us to start some of our high school classes as early as 7th grade (my sister's taking Geometry as an 8th grader right now). At the time I was in middle school, however, it wasn't until 8th grade that we got that opportunity. My 8th grade year I was in Honors Algebra I, Honors English I, Honors American History, and Honors Earth Science. After American History they offered the choice between World Cultural Geography (Honors, I think, but I'm not sure) and AP Human, which I promptly signed up for. It's generally recommended to take AP World after AP Human, so yeah. With English, I took English II last year and asked my teacher if I could skip ahead to AP Lang as opposed to English III, she said yes (probably because of my kickass Scrooge impression when we read A Christmas Carol as a play >;3) and I'm about to read 1984 by George Orwell as a result.

So far, I'm loving AP Lang a lot more than English II. For one, I have an awesome teacher (though I also loved my English II teacher) who always says exactly what everyone's thinking (when talking about a character that was being a total bitch in Slaughterhouse Five: "She's just being a total bitch!") and apparently got up on a desk and started dancing in order to demonstrate (lord knows what) something to the class last year. I'm also actually liking these books so far, especially compared to English II's list; To Kill a Mocking Bird was great, Night was okay, A Separate Peace was absolutely horrid, A Christmas Carol sucked, and Othello was okay. This year? I loved Catcher in the Rye and Slaughterhouse Five. Hopefully 1984 keeps up the good start.

Today's Chemistry Test: Write out the electron configuration for Carbon in its *something I don't remember* state.

Me: ;~;

Today's other test?

AP Lang Slaughterhouse Five test: Come up with a symbol not previously mentioned on the test and explain its meaning and significance.

Me: The horses described in the scene in which Billy is exploring the wreckage of Dresden with the other American POW's are shown to be suffering greatly, with the point being especially emphasized due to Billy actually being driven to cry because of it. Throughout his experience in the war; seeing masses of corpses and watching people within close proximity of him die for a multitude of reasons (all of which humiliating and completely lacking any shred of dignity), Billy never sheds a single tear. The horses symbolize the pointless suffering brought about by the war: they're forced beyond their will to march forward with their hooves broken (no doubt causing excruciating pain) for reasons they don't understand. This specific injury ties to the soldiers themselves, as American soldier Roland Weary was forced to march forward in clogs so painful they completely destroyed his feat and even caused his death.

Yeah, I'm more of a language guy than a science guy. happy.png

Edited by Melru

1984, good book.

"Under the Spreading Chestnut Tree, I sold you and you sold me" *whistles innocently*

Edited by Big Ran Over By A Reindeer

It's all very exciting and I've been keeping a 3.7/3.8.. though it might drop thanks to Com 295, blegh.

Same, I'm at a 3.8 and it will probably go down since I might get a C in history. Uhhhg I don't know why I sacrificed my GPA just because this class and professor looked so interesting....well I do know why...I just wish that my uni offered history as pass/no credit so I could take more without fear D:

Pfft, you'd probably weep at the sight of all the Harvard references even my 6 bullet point scribbles are required to have. wink.png

Haha no I've done that too for English Lit, Creative Writing and Writing for Young People. Great fun >.>;

Edited by Mollfie

Nah, that would have been easy. It had something to do with it being fused, I think? I can't remember. xP

Yeah forget what I said, I was completely wrong anyway. I'm not a science person either =p Lol, I even said 1+2+4 equals six, hah. I blame lack of sleep for this darn art portfolio I have to get done (gaahhh portfolio day I'm so scared! Darn art!) and it's been too long since I studied Chem myself, haha. The only thing right in that post was that carbon has four valence electrons. The first shell is two, then its four. Meh, well anyway...

AS? What's that?

Hah, well you probably joking, but I did mean AP* in case you were serious. Whee typos.

Oh, too bad I didn't notice this thread a minute ago. I just made a post in the Emotions topic that might be better suited for here.

I'm really overwhelmed and kind of frustrated. Good ol' college finals week. I need to present a short story in three days, but I have a bit of writers block. I also need to study for three big tests and work on another paper, as well as work on the usual amount of math and reading assignments. I always expect to be overwhelmed at the end of a semester, but...

Last night I dislocated my kneecap. How? I dunno, it just kind of happened out of the blue. I hurt my knee a few months ago, and I've been having these random sprains ever since. I'll just be walking along or bending over, and then my knee pops out of the blue. Last night was the first time it ever got fully dislocated, though. Doctor says to just treat it like a normal sprain for now, but if it happens again I might need some surgery. Of all the times for this to happen, why does it have to be right before finals week? I'm still capable of doing homework, but I need to be able to drive. Hopefully it will have healed enough by Monday.

Could be worse. During a major testing week in my Senior year of high school, I got the worst case of the flu I've ever had. I was bedridden for an entire week. At least now I can at least get out of my bed.

Anyways, as you can tell, I'm a college student. I guess I'm technically a sophomore, but it's hard to say since I'm not going by the traditional 4-year scale. I'm probably looking at something between 5-6 years, but I can't say for sure. Right now I'm just at a community college for the sake of getting into an actual university since I really blew it in high school. God, I was such a lazy bastard. I always did the absolute bare-minimum just so I could pass, and one year that (oh-so-shockingly) backfired so badly that I barely graduated. Now I'm the exact opposite, always getting A's and B's. (Unless it's math-related. I try my best, but I really suck at it) Too bad I didn't have this kind of work ethic in high school.

I'm going in circles on this paper I'm trying to outline to type, so I'll get straight to the problem and try to get it figured out.

Concerning the United States Constitution, what would be a general list of the most important penumbra rights (rights not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution, but are implied) as of today? The right to privacy is an obvious answer, but what about the right to make choices concerning a family lifestyle, such as the number of children you could have, or the type of sexual relationship you could have? Would that be a branch of the aforementioned right to privacy, or would that be an entity on its own? Any others?

What rights are mentioned in the constitution, in my ethics class we go through lots of 'rights' people have so I could probably help you with some, but I'm not sure what's already there anyways.

Anyone have any knowledge in making Flash websites?

I'm making a portfolio and I'm trying to figure out how to make thumbnails/links to my art, but I can't find a damned thing.

EDIT: Again, I figured it out... God I gotta stop jumping to conclusions...

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

I'm a Junior in college aaand due to my major of Environmental Studies..currently figuring out these two papers. basically they involve sustainable development goals and other things that are covered in several different conferences, and I have to research the updates..the total amount of pages overall: 14. all due in next wednesday..So yeah. a lot of writing. >_>

Also; Good luck to everyone on their midterms and/or finals if you're having them!

As I have said in my status, I've officially finished this trimester and Winter Break has started for me. How do I feel right now?

Truth be told, I'm a nervous wreck right now.

I remember when I would look forward to breaks. Now I dread them and I begin to get nervous about my classes. One part of my mind is telling me that I did just fine. I did turn in all of my work in my classes, and I got grades that ranged from average to very good.

However another part is telling me that I should be worried. In one of my classes, I didn't know I was turning in all of my projects into the wrong folder, and as a result I turned them all in late. I'm definitely getting some points off for that. In math, While I did manage to get Bs on all but one of my tests, my homework grades were very mediocre, and I really think I didn't do good on my final.

I really don't know how to feel at all to be honest... Just confusion and worry...

Sorry for the double post, but I gotta ask this...

So, in my flash class, I got a 547.5 out of 650. From what I've learned I had to divide both numbers and then multiply the answer by 100. I approximately got an 84%. Does that sound right?

God, I'm so worried about my classes...

Honestly, I wouldn't suggest Flash websites. They're kind of old news.. especially with Apple wiping them out and people looking for designers are usually using Apple products.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Sorry for the double post, but I gotta ask this...

So, in my flash class, I got a 547.5 out of 650. From what I've learned I had to divide both numbers and then multiply the answer by 100. I approximately got an 84%. Does that sound right?

Yep, that's right.

Alright cool! Thanks!

So far, I have a C in math and a B in Flash. Cool, my grades are starting to look up! Now to wait for Digital Editing (Which my teacher said my grade should be good, so I'm not to worried about) And Sound Design (The class I'm most concerned about, due to me accidentally turning all my assignments in late.) Well, the rest should be coming later today... Wish me luck!

Currently I reside in Year 9 at high school-and I'm quite happy where I am, though nervous.

See, I'm top set in the Year 9 of the school-may sound great, and I suppose in a sense it is, but it means that next year I-and everyone in Sets 1-3 (I think) has to do GCSE Courses early. Quite frankly, I'm absolutely DREADING that time-I mean, sure I may be top set, but the thought of attempting something like a GCSE course at 13-14 is quite... daunting to be honest. That said though, I'm thankful to be in top set and such, and perhaps should drop the terror part because in a recent mock paper I got a C-although I was expected to get that as a minimum, so I don't know...

My strongest point is art-I've designed several logos for the place, the most prominent one being the FoTA (Faculty of the Arts- Drama, Art, PE and Music) logo, designed with help from my best mate. :) Outside of that I'm best known about because:

a) I'm a identical twin (Pretty much the only reason people say I'm their "best mate-" for the novelty. ._.)

B) Because lot's of people adore my drawings (Despite me stressing to them if they want REALLY good art DeviantART has some hidden treasures)

But all in all, I'm quite happy at school-I have very little to complain about while there, and, yes, while all of my friends perhaps DO take some... unnecessary jabs at me for liking Sonic and not being a CoD fanboy like them (As in, they play little else besides it-meaning it's hard for me to fit in) they still back me up if the going gets tough.

TL;DR Nervousness, Enjoying it, Feeling left out because nearly every boy except me plays CoD and likes it better than any other game, and won't listen to reason why other games may surpass it's quality. :3

Welp.

I currently have no problems with my A2-levels. Somehow its easier than last year's AS's. I've been maintaining an A-grade with minimal effort and some teachers are suggesting I'm possibly looking at 2 or 3 A*'s once A2 is completed....if I continue to work hard and revise for exams et al.

Only problem is Art A2, primarily because my teacher is a jackass who won't let me do what I want (i.e fine art - painting and drawing) in the PERSONAL PROJECT, and would rather me stray pointlessly into abstraction, assemblage (sculpture using found materials...i.e garbage), not to mention pseudo-philosophical art (which is not real philosophy, its just bullshit) and had me stick a polystyrene block onto my painting. I can't do shit about it, because he's marking it and ultimatel decides what my grade is...

I should have dropped the fuckin' subject .....

And Dissident, Carbon has an atomic electron configuration of 1s2 2s2 2p2 .

Education, I am glad I am out of it.

Yet I feel inferior because I couldn't cope with University I don't dwell on it as much as I use to it but it still gets me down.sleep.png

AAAAHHHHHH AS COMPUTING AAAAHAHHHHHHHH!

That is all I have to say about college life now.

But the trouble is all the friends I've made have dropped out for one reason or another so I'm all alone , the trouble is that i find it hard to make friends and most of the other student think I'm some sort of Tommy Wiseau.

• Thumbs Up 1