Awoo.

Sonic 2 = Overrated

PerfectChaos

Picture or it didn't happen.

Okay, then don't believe me. I run into people who've say that on facebook, youtube, etc. People sticking up for Sonic and bring up Colors and Generations whenever somebody bash the series

Edited by candied sugar plum1984

Give me a link to one person who has said that, One person.

...Hi? Where I come from, Colors is highly regarded as being the game that got Sonic good again.

Or it least it was until Generations. Apparently that's the first good game in years and Colors now never happened.

• Thumbs Up 6

Give me a link to one person who has said that, One person.

I could probably give you a lot of links but I'm on my iPod right now and don't think I could properly link it. There are a lot more people that like Colors than you think.

EDIT: Copy/Paste FTW

"There are a few issues that mar an otherwise awesome experience, but those shouldn't stop Sonic fans and Wii owners from grabbing the best Sonic game in 18 years"-IGN

Edited by ThatGuy

Thank you! Haha *brofist*

Can I get in on this? Sure Act 3 was a bit much, but I thought it was a fun zone

...Hi? Where I come from, Colors is highly regarded as being the game that got Sonic good again.

Or it least it was until Generations. Apparently that's the first good game in years and Colors now never happened.

Where I come from, Colors is highly regarded "the piece of shit nobody likes".

I do believe Colors got it back on track, Colors was pretty good compared to Unleashed, 06, Secret Rings, and Black Knight. Colors was the first Sonic game I could replay over and over again in years.

....Oh come on Metropolis wasn't THAT bad people.... if you had Super Sonic

fix'd

though to be srs, Metropolis was like having a douche sitting next to you flicking you in the head every 20 seconds. It's fucking annoying!

You may not die in that level, but it will make damn well sure your ring count is never above 0.

fix'd

though to be srs, Metropolis was like having a douche sitting next to you flicking you in the head every 20 seconds. It's fucking annoying!

You may not die in that level, but it will make damn well sure your ring count is never above 0.

Dude, you just need to play more. Once you get used to it it's actually a really fun zone.

Although I admit 3 acts is a bit heavy xD

Edited by Dreamcast
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dude, you just need to play more. Once you get used to it it's actually a really fun zone.

I'm sure Sonic Advance 3 possibly has enjoyment to be found in it as well. I'm not going to chart out every inch of the level to do that, though. I'll just play something else instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

fix'd

Eww, I hate Metropolis Zone with Super Sonic. His jump is way too floaty for landing on all of those tiny platforms. Though I do like fighting the boss with him, provided I can somehow get that far with 50 rings.

Can I get in on this? Sure Act 3 was a bit much, but I thought it was a fun zone

I'll join you guys. Yeah it's cheap, but it's a final(ish) level from a game made in 1992, an era where a lot of games made sure you couldn't get past the second level without cheat codes.

Besides, a game SHOULD get harder as you go. Metropolis Zone certainly has cheap enemy placement, but it's far from being an impossible level. Also, am I the only one here who seriously loves the music?

Edited by Speederino

If I had to break down the level design in the classic trilogy as objectively as I could, Sonic 1 has the simplest level design, Sonic 2 has the most diverse and experimental level design, Sonic 3 has the most abstract level design and Sonic & Knuckles has the most thrilling level design. I'm in the Sonic 3&K > Sonic 1 > Sonic 2 but still love them all boat, but's really a matter of personal preference.

Sonic 2 was my personal favorite until Generations kicked it down a peg. Not just for the nostalgic bits, but because it does what I like about Sonic games. It lets you move really fucking fast. All the levels are designed around speedy platforming. I can understand why people would find S3&K better, but it's like way too slow for me to really ENJOY. It goes super fast at points but most of the game is more careful platforming and that is not why I am playing a Sonic game. The themes were fun and the stages tended to be fun also (although i can see why people don't like mystic cave or oil ocean), and it expanded on Sonic's moveset to make him fast and fun.

Also Sonic & Knuckles was just boring as fuck. Flying Battery, Sandopolis, and Lava Reef were just boring as all hell to go through. Good themes, good music, bad design. Death Egg makes me cry it's so bad. Sonic 3 at least can keep me entertained but seriously, fuck the &K bit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that two of the said "overrated" games in the series happen to be sequels?

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that two of the said "overrated" games in the series happen to be sequels?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think I've ever seen anyone say Sonic 2 is overrated ever. I think every Sonic game has been coined 'overrated' now.

Well atleast I enjoyed all of Sonic 2 as opposed to 1/3 of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess. I would consider it my 3rd favorite sonic game although it might drop to 4th when the Sonic CD remake comes out. I'd say It's not as overrated as certain other other gameslike the ones I'm about to mention. I think SA2 is more overrated because of its fanbase constantly claiming it to be godly or an unaging masterpiece which it isn't (and neither is Sonic 2). I'd also call Sonic Colors more overrated because while good, it does not deserve a higher score than the console Sonic Generations, and Sonic 06 because people actually like it tongue.png Also, the separate two parts of Sonic 3 & Nigger Knuckles are slightly overrated, the whole package isn't. Also, Sonic 1 is overrated because of mariotehplumber xD

I agree that Sonic 2 is very overrated. I think Sonic 1, CD, and 3&K are all much better games. After Sonic 1, Sonic 2 just feels like more of the same, but faster and with less substance. It's missing the great balance of platforming and speed based levels that Sonic 1 had, and it doesn't have any of the special level gimmicks of 3&K or CD. The music is also the least interesting of the original games by far, with only a few standout tracks that I can name.

That said, Sonic 2 is far from a bad game. It just that it doesn't excite me like it used to anymore.

It's been at LEAST 10 years. How much more do I have play? You can beat me over the head with a baseball bat for 10 years and while the pain may go away from having lost all feeling in my skull, I'd have still done serious damage to myself if my brain hadn't already turned into a bowl of pudding.

• Thumbs Up 7

My favorite zone in Sonic 2 is Metropolis Zone. I guess I love torturing myself, I find it to be a blast. my favorite classic zone though is Death Egg zone. I also love Sandopolis. I seem to like a lot of polarizing zones.

Emerald Hill has always been everything I want from a Sonic level. The layout, music, everything is perfect I'd say.

Also, I still prefer 2 over 3&K, but that's just nostalgia. 3 is definitely the better game, but I don't see how 2 is over-rated. I barely see people speak its name most of the time!

I've always thought 2 was the most popular classic game, if for no other reason than the sales alone, and it seemed that people generally spoke better of it when comparing it to 3 or S&K. I can't really agree that it's overrated simply because it doesn't register on my radar. I didn't have it during my childhood (my game was S3), and I only made one, honest play through a few years ago for the sake of being able to say I beat it. I do remember everything from Sky Chase on was a bitch to play, but regardless S2 might as well not even exist for me.