Awoo.

Free movies for PS3 users

Badnik Mechanic

I just found out about this.

It turns out that along with Firmware 4.0, the PS3 browser has finally had an update, and along with it is quite a nice incentive to use it.

When you start your PS3, go to the browser and start it.

Push the start button.

Enter this web address: www.crackle.com/ps3

When the site loads up... enjoy your free movies!

380855_2728099808583_1439821104_2985920_218114721_n.jpg

You don't need to register, don't need to sign up, don't need a subscription. Just access the site, pick the movie, sit back, relax and watch away.

However, that photo is not my own, every time I try it I can only get 3 movies to appear. However theres a lot of tv shows which I might watch later tonight.

Also, for people living in the US, youtube now works on the PS3 browser, videos are only in the lowest quality, but it's a little better from the 'you cannot use this feature' that you used to get previously.

EDIT: To access all the movies on the site, at the bottom of the page there should be a 'Filter By' menu, change the options on that to get a lot more movies!

Theres quite a selection here, nothing amazing from what I can see so far, but theres a few classic monster and horror movies like "The curse of the mummy's Tomb," "Revenge of Frankenstien" lol even the Street Fighter movie is on here!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3

I was able to use Youtube before, and I'm in the US... :/

Same here. They were in the lowest quality (as said in the opening post), but I could still always watch them.

Oh well.... thats good then.

lol the site I got this info from said that they've not been able to get youtube working on their PS3's for months, so I assumed it was still the case.

Some people are saying that they can no longer access this from the EU... joys... if thats true then I'm not surprised, I wonder if going to it by a US account would work?