Awoo.

Red Dead Redemption

Patticus

I'd say getting 100% in the Single Player is an easily obtainable achievement. None of that tedious 'hidden package' tripe.

Multiplayer, however, I think will be down to personal taste. I'd love to just come out and say "OMG IT'S AMAZING" but I'm not sure everyone would agree with me. Just so you know, I'm not a fan of games like Modern Warfare AT ALL. Games where you have to resort to 'boosting' your XP or similar things...I just don't see the point in buying them in the first place. Aren't you meant to buy games to have fun?

Ahem.

Anyway, I personally think Red Dead's Multiplayer is brilliant. There's a huge amount to do in Free Roam alone, not to mention the game modes on top of that. It's a game that doesn't force you to play with friends just to have fun (even though I've not played it online alone yet, I know there would still be fun to be had) and it's just a great laugh in general.

Multiplayer, however, I think will be down to personal taste. I'd love to just come out and say "OMG IT'S AMAZING" but I'm not sure everyone would agree with me. Just so you know, I'm not a fan of games like Modern Warfare AT ALL. Games where you have to resort to 'boosting' your XP or similar things...I just don't see the point in buying them in the first place. Aren't you meant to buy games to have fun?

Yes, I've seen that the single player challenges are quite doable, but the thing is even if the single player challenges were too hard I could live with that. The problem I've got is that after I've played the game and enjoy myself I typically ask "So what else is there to do" mindset turns to trophies, previously, before we had this it would be things like in-game challenges or many side quests a 100% completion and the like.

But how that we get multiplayer challenges, they seem to drain the fun out of it if it requires a lot of repetative playing or hours of organising something. When I've had the main fun of the game I think "I want to BEAT the game" I want to do every challenge it's got, if theres something I can't do then the issue is with me. But when it comes to multiplayer, it means "Oh hey the challenges are all doable, but you need to sort out finding people, getting together and doing this for hours on end... it can be very draining.

But when it comes to multiplayer, it means "Oh hey the challenges are all doable, but you need to sort out finding people, getting together and doing this for hours on end... it can be very draining.

In that case, it all depends on how often you play with people you know. Since with me accounts for about 60% of the time I'm on the Xbox, our situations might be slightly different.

With the in-game challenges I don't recall any that need more than one person, it just helps and is generally less tedious than it would be on your own. Some Achievements (or Trophies in your case) need more than a few people, which even for me needs more friends than I play with. Public games are still fun, minus a few people (but which game don't you get annoyances with people online on at least one occasion?) and like I said before, Free Roam can be played on your own privately so you have peace in which to complete the Journal Challenges.

Either way, I would definitely at least give this game a rent. I know it's a game I doubt I'll ever trade-in because of all the replay value it has to offer, and either way it is an outstanding game.

• 3 years later...

"Speedy, what are you doing resurrecting this four year old thread?" I hear you saying. Well, four years after the fact, it looks like Red Dead Redemption might finally be seeing a PC release. Mind you, it's only a rumor for the moment, but I think it's worth bumping this thread for. RDR is one of my favorite games from the last few years, but I was always dissapointed in the lack of a PC port. Not because of "Pee Cee mastah race" or whatever, but because I always imagined there would be a strong modding community for it like there is with GTA IV. And since I've seen and done everything there is to do in the game, I would be super stoked to see any kind of new content for it whatsoever.

Although I kinda doubt my current computer would be able to handle it ;-;

• Thumbs Up 1

If this PC port is true, I'm totally putting in the Delorean from Back to the Future part III

I'll take the flying steam train.

Edit: Holy shit...

Back to the Future Steam Train mod + 8 player multiplayer = Ultimate Hype Train!

• Thumbs Up 2

So they finally made a PC port? And it only took them....4 years!

GTA V PC confirmed for 2017.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. I've only just started replaying my 360 copy (love this game soooo much!) but I'd be interested in a PC copy, too. :B And it would be about bloody time!

Can we have a Sonic mod so we can finally have that third storybook game where Sonic has a talking revolver?

• Thumbs Up 1