Awoo.

The Last of Us (PS3 & PS4)

Detective Shadzter

Spoiler.

If I'm thinking right. Won't this mean that Ellie isn't infected yet? So the climax is going to be Ellie and Riley get bitted.  

Does this mean we might get some possible changes to gameplay since Ellie will have to act differently since she doesn't yet know she's immune?

She'll be extra careful from being bit but even if she's immune, she still have to be careful with them, zombies will still eat her alive.

Edited by jordine

Will definitely pick this up. Here's hoping it's a lengthy campaign which does TLOU justice.

I can't imagine the combat will be quite as good as when you were controlling Joel, because you will be controlling a teenager who won't stand a chance against the runners and clickers.

Edited by -Bender-

I've only read the preview/issue 1 which came with the Ellie/Joel edition.

If this is an adaptation of the comic... I am more than ok with this.

• 2 weeks later...

That doesn't surprise me. The game pretty much plays like a movie anyway and has a great story. Making a movie would be really cool as long as they stay faithful to the game.

To the casual audience it would probably come across as just another version of The Omega Man or I am Legend, but that's fine by me. I like those kind of movies.

I will cry if Troy Baker doesn't play Joel.

And it would be hilariously ironic if Ellen Page plays Ellie.

Only if.

Haha, actually I think Chloe Moretz could play Ellie.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm kinda on the fence about this. I would love to see a movie set in TLOU universe but an adaptation of the game doesn't sound like a good idea. It would take a really good director to successfully convert a long game like The Last of Us into a 2-3 hour movie.

If they do decide to make an adaptation then please NO ELLEN PAGE. If you're going to give the role of Ellie to Miss Page then you might as well give it to Ashley Johnson (they are about the same age). Just as Bender said I think that Chloe Grace Moretz should play Ellie but I'll be happy with any TEENAGE actress.

All the supporting characters should be played by their respective actors in games. They all look alike.

• 2 weeks later...

TLOU has won three VGX awards

• Best Voice Actor – Troy Baker as Joel, The Last of Us
  • Best Voice Actress – Ashley Johnson as Ellie, The Last of Us
  • Studio of the Year – Naughty Dog

Joel was rather pleased:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM15Az5UtSw

Lamor found this awesome gif. Just look at his signature above ^

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like the release date for TLOU Left Behind might have been leaked

eurogamer-py63gz.jpg

"Eagle-eyed users of the US PlayStation Store have spotted a 14th February release date for The Last of Us: Left Behind.

The much-anticipated add-on was shown off in a new trailer yesterday, although Sony has so far made no official mention of a launch date.

The 14th is a Friday - an unusual release day for new PSN content - but an exception for such a big first-party game is not too surprising.

The download will cost $14.99 in the US and include a dynamic theme and comic, a photo posted to NeoGAF revealed.

We've asked Sony for confirmation of the date and will update if we hear back."

• Thumbs Up 1

Source is a well known Brazilian outlet.

The Last of Us 2 está sendo produzido pela Naughty Dog. Segundo fontes do Omelete dentro da Sony, a sequência será para PlayStation 4 e tem lançamento agendado para 2015.

Translation.

Insiders confirm 'The Last of Us 2 is already in production, Due date is 2015.

I...kind of really don't want that.

I mean, I thoroughly enjoyed the Last of Us but it almost seems like it should be left alone. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes, I wouldn't mind for another last of us. I thought the ending just left me saying, "that's it?"

I thought the dlc was coming out in spring? Guess not.

Yes, I wouldn't mind for another last of us. I thought the ending just left me saying, "that's it?"

You really didn't understand the gravity of the ending then.  I found it better than any ending I could've imagined for the two.  The team have already said they're open to doing more in the world of The Last of Us, but Joel and Ellie's story is done.

The Last of Us: Left Behind Extended Trailer

I hope that it's going to be good.

Is it confirmed anywhere if Riley is related to Marlene? Just curious

I'm kinda on the fence about this. I would love to see a movie set in TLOU universe but an adaptation of the game doesn't sound like a good idea. It would take a really good director to successfully convert a long game like The Last of Us into a 2-3 hour movie.

If they do decide to make an adaptation then please NO ELLEN PAGE. If you're going to give the role of Ellie to Miss Page then you might as well give it to Ashley Johnson (they are about the same age). Just as Bender said I think that Chloe Grace Moretz should play Ellie but I'll be happy with any TEENAGE actress.

All the supporting characters should be played by their respective actors in games. They all look alike.

The game really isn't that long, it's completable in 2-3 sittings. I could easily see it being a 2 hour movie, in fact when I played through it, I honestly thought it would do better as a movie rather than a game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bleh, I think playing as a character makes you connect to their story in an entirely different way to watching a movie.  I'm glad I got to experience The Last of Us' story in an interactive format.

You really didn't understand the gravity of the ending then.  I found it better than any ending I could've imagined for the two.  The team have already said they're open to doing more in the world of The Last of Us, but Joel and Ellie's story is done.

I guess it was just me not wanting the story to finish, I was really enjoying it.

You really didn't understand the gravity of the ending then.  I found it better than any ending I could've imagined for the two.

That's... one way of looking at it, certainly.

Insiders confirm 'The Last of Us 2 is already in production, Due date is 2015.

Even as someone who doesn't even like Last of Us all that much, this sincerely baffles me. The story's strongest facet was its two lead characters, so a game set afterward has two major problems. Either it follows Joel and Ellie again, which wouldn't make sense as the game already wrapped up their character arcs and they don't really have much else to go, or they could follow two new characters, who will obviously be less interesting than the cure for the virus and Homicidal Troy Baker.

The Last of Us easily had the best story and presentation in any game I've ever played - I'd love to see it in movie format if done properly. 

I highly, highly doubt we'll be getting a sequel game in 2015 when we already have Uncharted 4 to look forward to next. Probably the year after. That said, while I thought the game would've been perfect as a standalone title, I have enough trust in Naughty Dog now to know that whatever they give us won't disappoint.