• Improved shadows and lighting
  • Several other gameplay improvements
  • In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director
  • Includes: Abandoned Territories Map Pack
  • Includes: Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
  • Includes: The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player campaign

Pre-order Bonuses

• 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
  • Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after you complete the single player campaign
  • Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign

Digital PlayStation Store pre-order bonuses

• All of the previous pre-order bonuses mentioned
  • Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions Mode

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/09/last-us-remastered-coming-ps4-summer-2014/

Whilst I already own TLOU on PS3 I will hold back on getting the PS4 version. It's good to see they are putting a decent amount of effort in this 'remastered' version, and the full price is understandable with it including all the extras plus the excellent Left Behind dlc. I hope it sells well on PS4.

So glad I got a PS4 now! I never got a PS3 I had a feeling that Sony would want to release this for the PS4 with the game being released so close to the new console launch. Can't wait to pick it up!

I love how subtle the box art is compared to those mock ups of LEL 9/10 10/10 91/10 BEAST GAMEZ EVAR.

• Thumbs Up 1

Commentary modes

Fuck now I have a reason to get a PS4 

That really is a pleasant surprise! 

I pre-ordered the moment it came up, haha. Love this game.

I love how subtle the box art is compared to those mock ups of LEL 9/10 10/10 91/10 BEAST GAMEZ EVAR.

The PSN banner is pretty much the same too.

10170796_10153997623955436_8590023153080

I hope those other "gameplay improvements" are good ones. If so I'll probably have a PS4 by the time this is actually cheap enough to be worth it, so I'll probably double dip on this game.

Commentary is actually a nice incentive to replay it, actually.

Gonna go for Survival Mode this time. Hard kicked my ass already, can't wait to really get pushed for skill. Commentary is a really fantastic addition too.

The only thing that stands out for me is commentary mode. Other than that though...no thanks.

PS4 has too many cross platform and re-release games and less unique games. 8/

• Thumbs Up 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXyTSmovCCg

Less than 15 seconds of game footage.

• Thumbs Up 2

NAUGHTY DOG YOU LIARS!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/10/the-last-of-us-ps4-development-began-ages-ago?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

We had a lot of people on the forums saying ‘can I play this on PlayStation 4?’ We had actually been anticipating that, and started working on it pretty much as soon as we finished the PlayStation 3 [version]," he explained. "We weren’t sure if it was going to go anywhere, but when we saw the fans clamouring for it we doubled-down, and put more effort behind it.

The graphic fidelity has been turned up to eleven. We’ve got 1080p, we’re pushing the draw distances further, we’re creating higher resolution character models, better lighting, better shadows.

So yeah after that trailer I'm kinda looking forward to it. I'll probably get it once the price drops down.

• Thumbs Up 1

I appreciate the sentiment behind the minimalist trailer but spoiling one of the most breathtakingly surprising scenes in the game was kinda dumb.

Though I guess it would add intrigue for someone who hasn't played.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really can't support a resolution bump with some texture work if it's going for full retail and doesn't have any additional content other than a commentary, no matter how good the game was.

I'll just look up the commentary on YouTube if I ever feel bothered.

Also the people saying this trailer "spoils" anything are inadvertently spoiling the nature of the scene more than the trailer itself does.

• Thumbs Up 2

Game looks no different to me from the trailer. I didn't pick up the original so that's my selling point, but I'd rather wait for the price to take a serious cut on PS3 once this comes out.

Game looks no different to me from the trailer. I didn't pick up the original so that's my selling point, but I'd rather wait for the price to take a serious cut on PS3 once this comes out.

To be fair the differences will probably only be noticeable on an HD TV.  It might vary from scene to scene too how noticeable the improvements are.

You will definitely not see the differences on a YouTube video. For example the PS4 version could be 60FPS, but because of Youtube and its encoding, it will downgrade the trailer's framerate to 30FPS.

You'll need something like a raw file or maybe .webm file to fully appreciate it.

That shit better be in the PS4 version lol.

For what it's worth, they've said they're "looking into" upgrade discounts for PS3 owners. Hope that pans out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm thinking about getting TLoU with my PS4 (hopefully in July). It sounds like a great game, so it's either that or Watch Dogs.

I'm thinking about getting TLoU with my PS4 (hopefully in July). It sounds like a great game, so it's either that or Watch Dogs.

You would be doing yourself a massive disservice picking Watch_Dogs over TLoU.

You would be doing yourself a massive disservice picking Watch_Dogs over TLoU.

Yeah I'll probably get TLoU. How are the download times on PS4? I might download it instead.

Yeah I'll probably get TLoU. How are the download times on PS4? I might download it instead.

Depends on your connection, but the WiFi adapter in he PS4 is several times better than the PS3's. I have them sitting right next to each other and tested the speeds back to back - 20 Mbps on PS4, ~3 Mbps on PS3.