Awoo.

The Last of Us (PS3 & PS4)

Detective Shadzter

Yeah, I gotta respect for putting it aside instead of going for Jak In Name Only to make a few extra bucks off of it.

The more I hear about Last of Us, the better it sounds. The initial trailer didn't do much for me, but everything I'm hearing sounds pretty good so far.

Some more details leaking out.

Will the main character have regenerating health? No. Health will not automatically regenerate.

Will Ellie, your AI companion, break my stealth? No. During stealth sections Ellie will never break your cover, she might provide support by distracting enemies such as throwing bricks at them or using other materials in the environment. But she will never break your stealth until you do.

Source

Quite good to hear about how the AI character won't break my stealth, whilst it's a different genre, in Fallout 3, the number of times Fawks would suddenly yeah "YEEEAAARRRRRGGHHHH!!!!" And start a fight with a bunch of super mutants I was trying to avoid got a little annoying.

Slightly miffed about that but, it doesn't sound like they were going to make anything remotely like the previous games (which would have been stupid),

Picked up the new issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK and The Last of Us is included the 'The Big 10' feature. Here's a scan:

scan0089.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scan, it's Official PlayStation Magazine UK Issue 068 March 2012.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Recently having been watching things like the Walking Dead (You know less action more on survival and morality) and seeing this game being featured in Game Master and have really enjoyed the Uncharted games, I am looking forward to this one.

Maybe this is the depth people are looking for in games!wink.png

The Last of Us trailer reveals Ellie redesign

By Tom Phillips Published 16 May, 2012

UPDATE: Naughty Dog on why Ellen Page's likeness was changed.

UPDATE: Naughty Dog has commented on the decision to change the look of Ellie. Creative director Neil Druckmann told IGN that change was made to make Ellie look more like Ashley Johnson, the mo-cap artist and voice actor behind Ellie.

"After delving further into the game's narrative over the past few months, we decided to modify Ellie's model to better reflect Ashley's personality, and also resemble a slightly younger teen more fitting to the story," Druckmann explained. "We're happy with the final result shown in the cinematic we have released today, and hope the fans like her too."

ORIGINAL STORY: A new trailer full of The Last of Us footage has revealed a slightly changed look for lead character Ellie.

The changes are subtle but noticeable. Once heavily modelled on Juno actress Ellen Page, the new Ellie has now lost her freckles and gained a different shaped nose.

The fresh scenes see Ellie and accomplice Joel encounter another survivor, who turns out to be less than friendly.

Developed by Uncharted studio Naughty Dog, PlayStation 3-exclusive The Last of Us is expected to launch in 2013.

• 3 months later...

The Last of Us - 15-minute gameplay video

News Publish Date 05/09/2012 - 5:30pm GMT+1

See how one of 2013's most anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusives plays.

A 15-minute gameplay demo of The Last of Us was shown behind closed doors at E3

to selected press. The majority of people therefore haven't seen it, until now.

Sony has released direct feed footage of this demo, which highlights narrative

exploration through interactive prompts, environmental puzzles, the balance of

power AI, and some of the dynamic stealth elements you'll be able to use to plan

Joel and Ellie's survival.

Video here:

http://www.videogame...play_video.html

• 1 month later...

The Last of Us is more than a game

You wait so that The Last of Us, the survival-horror in 2013 on PS3? There is another reason to feel impatient developer Naughty Dog and publisher Dark Horse Comics have teamed up to create a comic book split into four parts which will be called The Last of Us: American Dreams.

TheLastOfUsComic.JPG

This series focuses on the history of the adolescent heroine, Ellie, and follows its progress in the devastated world, before his meeting with Joel, who accompanied him into the PS3 version. The first volume will be released in spring 2013. We find Druckmann Neil (lead writer of The Last of Us) in the scenario, Faith Erin Hicks supported by, who will also drawings. In addition, The Art of The Last of Us, a book of illustrations connected should also exit at the same time as the game For more information, visit darkhorse.com .

http://fr.playstatio...vos-manettes-!/

Probably won't get the comic, but I might pick up the art book.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I *pant pant* just got back from *pant pant* the VGAs and *pant* The game's coming out *pant pant*

on *wheeze* May 7, 2013 *collapse*

One of my day one surefire purchases for next year, and that says a lot considering what's coming out.

Also, this is pretty much the last announced big Sony game, so... new console by Fall '13?

Dear god watching that 15 minute preview was nerve racking, so the game doesn't have enemy radar, or maps or anything really, and the survival of Joel and Ellie is completely down to gut instincts and stealth and reaction time, this is really really different, which means for each person who plays this game, they will handle it differently.

Also, this is pretty much the last announced big Sony game, so... new console by Fall '13?

Eh, I doubt it. There's still a few big games waiting to come out on it unless every one of them have been moved into the PS4. They're probably going to push the PS3 one more year and if anything I expect Sony to be the last one to jump to the next gen. Microsoft seem like the more likely party to make the switch next year if anyone.

Europe

The Last of Us: New trailer, release date and pre-order content revealed!

http://blog.eu.plays...ntent-revealed/

US

The Last of Us On PS3 May 7th, 2013: Pre-order Bonuses, New Trailer Revealed

http://blog.us.plays...ailer-revealed/

YAY! Release date of May 7th 2013 is worldwide :D Also, multiplayer officially confirmed. Not happy that there are two different pre-order packs depending on where you pre-order :( I think I'll choose the one with the soundtrack, theme and avatars over the multiplayer content one, though.

To be honest Shadz, both those pre-order bonus' sound kinda naff..

The multiplayer pre-order bonus looks/sounds exactly like uncharted 3's. Whilst Uncharteds multiplayer is good, the bonus content adds nothing. As for the OST... physical CD or GTFO!

The multiplayer pre-order bonus looks/sounds exactly like uncharted 3's. Whilst Uncharteds multiplayer is good, the bonus content adds nothing. As for the OST... physical CD or GTFO!

The poster says it's a digital download OST sad.png

Just found this tidbit in the EU comments:

Posted on 10 December, 2012 at 10:47 am by Arne Meyer

We’ve been in meetings to see if it will be possible to offer a Collector’s Edition. Keep your fingers crossed!

EDIT: Oh, cool.

Posted on 10 December, 2012 at 10:50 am by Arne Meyer

The pre-order bonuses only give you early access to cash and boosters, etc. You can get all of these MP modifiers by playing the game yourself normally.

That should be cool, so long as it's a worldwide CE, when it comes to Sony and CE's one region always loses out.

@Shadz

"We’ve also worked with GameStop to provide exclusive bonus content in addition to the Sights and Sounds Pack. Pre-ordering at GameStop also nets you the Survival Pack, which includes:"

Seems like if US users order from Gamestop, they will get both sets of bonus packs.

I saw footage of this game yesterday and it blew me away. I just have to get this game. Not sure how my parents would react to me playing 18+ game though.