Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

So in the end, Boutiqueshippers won?

Referring to this from the previews, I assume?

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_odnhv7rQo71t0i753_500.png

All is right with the world.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/15/2016 at 5:50 PM, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Ignoring how the Sun & Moon anime looks like absolute shit, can we focus on the amazing 2-parter that just aired?

Cause good god, that was easily the best episode and best arc this entire series has ever had. League be damned, XY(&Z) truly is easily the best anime series in the franchise. (Even if I'm even more salty about the league now thanks to S&M)

And from the looks of things, will continue to be so for awhile. At least until this next one is over and the Gen 8 one starts.

Hide contents

So long, Lysandre. Rest in spaghetti, never forgetti. Always regretti. As villain, you're the bestie. <3

I just finished watching that hour long 2 parter and I have to agree, it was fantastic and there's been some good stuff coming out of this anime lately sans what happened in the league finals. Personally, I think this has been the best the Pokemon anime has been in a long time and I really hope it continues this way even if I dislike the visuals of the Sun and Moon arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

I too have to admit that the two-parter episode was pretty killer and intense. That was probably the best villain arc, and parts in general, that the anime has done in recent memory. As for the upcoming Sun and Moon anime, I really don't have anything to say about it except for "eh..."

• Thumbs Up 1

I've seen XY's fight scenes. They're not impressive. Every single anime in the digital age has these same sakuga fight sequences. Pokémon's are not special at all - they just seem unique because it's the first time Pokémon has done this. But pick any major anime within the last 10 years, even ones without any or a lot of fighting, and you'll see what I mean. If you think XY's fight scenes are ground-breaking or remotely special, then you probably don't watch a lot of anime.

49 minutes ago, Sean said:

I've seen XY's fight scenes. They're not impressive. Every single anime in the digital age has these same sakuga fight sequences. Pokémon's are not special at all - they just seem unique because it's the first time Pokémon has done this. But pick any major anime within the last 10 years, even ones without any or a lot of fighting, and you'll see what I mean. If you think XY's fight scenes are ground-breaking or remotely special, then you probably don't watch a lot of anime.

I can understand that. As far as anime in general goes, the current Pokemon fight scenes are par for the course.

As far as a show with a long history of lazily-animated fight scenes, though, it's been a remarkable improvement.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I can understand that. As far as anime in general goes, the current Pokemon fight scenes are par for the course.

As far as a show with a long history of lazily-animated fight scenes, though, it's been a remarkable improvement.

Yep, no one cares for comparing the Pokemon anime with other Animes, but it's more so one season of the anime vs another season.

As far as Pokemon itself is concern, the XYZ anime has been truly groundbreaking, rivaling that of the movies or even being better in some regards, it's gonna be very hard to even top it.

For such reasons is one of the things that are bugging and worrying  folks about the S&M anime.

• Thumbs Up 1

Csi1IlAXgAA_Cyh.jpg

Oh hey, Delia brought Mr. Mine this time around. You'd think she'd leave him behind to look after the house...I wonder if she's gonna stay in Alola too? Probably not, but it'd be kinda nice to see her at least a little more often than the very beginning and very end of each series at most.

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah that is interesting that she brought Mr. Mime this time, perhaps she'll have a more active presence this time, kinda like how in the games the protagonist and his/her mom just moved to Alola.

Plus we don't know if Ash is staying at the school or with someone either, it would make sense if his mom moved to the region too, but I'm sure they'll make up a excuse.

Hold on a cotton pickin' second.  All this talk about the S&M anime just made me realise...

New art style that ticks off long time fans and makes them overreact into thinking it'll kill the show?

A new, archipelago location?

A more animated looking main protagonist?

Oh yeah, this is totally the Wind Waker and if it plays out like anything similar to Wind Waker, we should be in good enough hands.

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Hold on a cotton pickin' second.  All this talk about the S&M anime just made me realise...

New art style that ticks off long time fans and makes them overreact into thinking it'll kill the show?

A new, archipelago location?

A more animated looking main protagonist?

Oh yeah, this is totally the Wind Waker and if it plays out like anything similar to Wind Waker, we should be in good enough hands.

Ash is going to shove a Honedge into Giovanni's head? Nice.

• Thumbs Up 7

5 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Ash is going to shove a Honedge into Giovanni's head? Nice.

And Lillie can be the secret Princess.  And then we endure the whole thing all over again in the next season, only this time Ash has a costume change to his pyjamas from episode 1.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Sean said:

Dont apprecaite the bit of elitism there but ill bite, i do watch other anime, other well animted anime, and I still enjoy and love the animation for XY, of course its not the pinaccle but cripes its still really impressive all things considered

So no...im not gonna start dumping on something that looks good and excites me because other better looking anime just happens to exist, sorry :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to add that there's a thrill to seeing the thing you love get an upgrade even if it's not the fucking best there is. If a Sonic anime that had fight scenes as good as XY came out then people here would be losing their shit like they just struck gold even though it wouldn't be all that impressive in the long run

• Thumbs Up 8

I criticize XY because fans place it on an absurdly lofty pedestal and because these same people are shitting all over SM for its different look. Basically, I'm sick of the obnoxious hype that surrounds that particular season and the mentality that SM is a step backwards, hence my lack of enthusiasm for it. The fight scenes we have seen in SM look just as well-animated as XY's, plus the art style allows for more varied expressions than was seen in XY, so what the hell is everyone's problem with it?

i just dont care for Ash's design (though his official art looks better then it did in the trailer), and some parts of the animation still look rough + plus the lack of shading imo

Either way, responding to people who arent 100% on board with it with"well XY isnt special looking either so why complain" isnt really gonna help in the long run either

• Thumbs Up 3

People are taking hits at XY because that's the par people are comparing SM to in order to crap on it. People are complaining that it's not as smooth or detailed as XY's animation, as if smoothness and details are the only things that matter in good animation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually promoting a previous recurring character to an ascending extra would be an interesting change in formula (compared to the usual throwing out of main characters). I could see Delia and Mr Mime being amusing comic relief (plus Ash has never really got much support from his mother due to his travelling).

I admit I'm still unsure about the direction, Ash's design looks kind of off and I am a bit sad Serena likely isn't joining, but it has potential. We'll see how things play out for the first few episodes before we call it a disaster.