Well at least he's not going to Oaks lab but still damn

48 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So some screen shots for the goodbye Ash Greninja episode 

Hide contents

Cs9jZb4XEAAqbIM.jpg

Cs9jZb5WEAARr9f.jpg

Cs9jZb4XEAEsVoF.jpg

Well at least he's not going to Oaks lab but still damn

If they're really doing what I think they're doing, then goddamn, Butterfree move over on biggest heartbreaker.

tumblr_oe79jmhiZE1tf388eo1_500.jpg

Translation by Adamant

An adventure in the Alola region , which is filled with new Pokémon!!

Starts November 2016!!

Its name is…
Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon

The new Pocket Monsters anime starts soon!!
In November, the Pokémon anime undergoes a renewal! What kind of adventure will it turn into next!?

The new adventure is filled with comedy!!
Being in a new place for the first time makes Ash tense up… or not. There’s no time for that when a slapstick adventure opens up before him!

The setting is a Pokémon School!!
Ash enrolls in a school! Here he’ll learn and have fun together with Pokémon: No matter what the coursework is, it’s sure to be enjoyable!
*He’ll meet his classmates too!

Feel like Ash with the Z-Ring!!
Ash uses it in the anime, too:
Ash obtains the Z-Ring in this new adventure! And it’s already available as a toy!!
*Finish them with a Z-Move!
Insert a Z-Crystal, and…
It will shake as it unleashes the sounds and lights of the super cool “Z-Moves”
Pokémon Z-Ring (comes with 1 Z-Crystal): 2600 yen + tax
Pokémon Z-Ring & Z-Crystal Special Set (comes with 6 Z-Crystals and a collection board): 4490 yen + tax

tumblr_inline_oe79j4zMsB1siysd1_540.jpg

So yeah looks likE we're getting a very comedy focused yokai watch-like saga and Ash is making funny faces and getting into various hijinks.

God forbid if hoped on board during XYZ because this pretty much lloks like its exact opposite imao. Ash looks better here then he did in the initial trailer imo, im willing to give it a shot

• Thumbs Up 5

>Naruto-esque facial expressions

Sign me the FLIP up boi

Can't wait to watch it, though I need to finish XY first.

11 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

>Naruto-esque facial expressions

Sign me the FLIP up boi

Can't wait to watch it, though I need to finish XY first.

Our reacts couldn't possibly be more opposite if we tried. Especially since that was one of the things I always hated about that show and character. XD

Ugh, SM seems to be doing everything in it's power to make me hate it more and more before it comes out and this just adds on.

Plus

5 hours ago, Soniman said:

Being in a new place for the first time makes Ash tense up… or not.

This wording confuses me. This is far from the first time Ash has ever gone anywhere new and it's never been a thing to make him nervous. Or maybe they mean "being in this new and completely different area for the first time" specifically rather than just a new place. Proper and specific wording would help here.

Ugh...This is gonna suck so much. This reeks of the same disgusting trap a lot of animated shows fall into. They're at a point where it's very much an "All Ages" show and then it gets to that one season with a massive change that makes it so much of a "Kids Only" show that it's downright nauseating and cringeworthy to imagine any other age group watching it and legitimately enjoying it. I blame Yokai Watch for this since it has the same feel and is why I have zero interest in it. -.o'

Oh well. Not much I can do aside from not watch it since The Pokemon Company don't care about oversea opinions of the anime. My plan remains the same. Give only the premiere a shot and drop it if I think it sucks.

So far, what we've seen isn't that extreme compared to some of the wackier shenanigans in OS. I mean, the show's more recent years still have gags, but it's generally a lot more...subdued (not sure how else to put it) in comparison. I'm more than okay with dialing up the comedy, it's one of those things about the original series I've missed a lot.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if they built up to something as over the top as, say, the Team Flare arc again. Just look at the Ultra Beasts, I'm sure whatever's going on with them is pretty wild.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Celestia said:

So far, what we've seen isn't that extreme compared to some of the wackier shenanigans in OS. I mean, the show's more recent years still have gags, but it's generally a lot more...subdued (not sure how else to put it) in comparison. I'm more than okay with dialing up the comedy, it's one of those things about the original series I've missed a lot.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if they built up to something as over the top as, say, the Team Flare arc again. Just look at the Ultra Beasts, I'm sure whatever's going on with them is pretty wild.

Yeah that's pretty much my stance on it. I am hoping that once we're introduced to the Aether Foundation/ Ultra Beast and such it'll be more story driven. 

If its humour will be anything like the older seasons material, then I'm completely on board.  As long as Ash isn't reduced too much into a vacant numbskull, I'll be totally content.  What's good is that since he's going to school, he sort of has to develop as a character into someone competent and capable.  I know it's still some uncharted, worrying territory to many, but I don't think this is going to be BW levels of bad like people expect.  Nevertheless, I'm still surprised so few are really happy for the show to be trying a vastly different narrative formula for the first time ever.

^I'm liking those expressions on Ash. I've found him really boring in XY, so seeing him here with personality is really nice. I hope the show doesn't go full on comedy series, though.

New episode of Pokémon Generations:

Spoiler

Gold! They're using the inferior remake design, but it's actually Gold! =D

The Team Rocket strut cracked me up.

Dragonite was badass.

Spoiler

Oh hey, Ethan! A protag that isn't Red! I mean, it sucks that he didn't get to, uh...do anything, but hey, better than nothing.

This ep was pretty awesome on it's own merits so I can't really complain too much about that. I'm glad Lance and his Dragonite got to be badass, and those scenes with the grunts were pretty funny.

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

^I'm liking those expressions on Ash. I've found him really boring in XY, so seeing him here with personality is really nice. I hope the show doesn't go full on comedy series, though.

New episode of Pokémon Generations:

Reveal hidden contents

Gold! They're using the inferior remake design, but it's actually Gold! =D

The Team Rocket strut cracked me up.

Dragonite was badass.

@1:36 Go home Team Rocket, you're drunk.

As for Sun and Moon, I'm in the camp that hopefully they don't dumb him down like they did in Best Wishes and that there is a balance of comedy driven and story focused episodes.

Again, like with Origins/Generations, I wish that they have time to make more anime episodes/mini-series, at least around 11-22 minutes each, with their other spinoffs such as Mystery Dungeon, Rangers, or even Pokken which sounds kinda hard to do (Hour long crossover special where Tekken characters fight Pokemon? Sounds stupid yet cool).

7 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

New episode title for October 27th:

A Zero With No End! Till the Day We Meet Again!!

I'm having a hard time believing that the writers let Ash acknowledge the fact that he lost six leagues and made no progress towards his goal, the "Zero" must referring to something else.

On 10/1/2016 at 2:46 PM, Ernest-Panda said:

New episode title for October 27th:

A Zero With No End! Till the Day We Meet Again!!

Why does that title fit soo well?

Just watched episode 4 of Generations and it was fantastic! The bit with Team Rocket cracked me up and Lance's Dragonite kicked ass! In my opinion, why can't the regular anime be like this? It's just done so well with none of the characters being dumbed down!

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

Just watched episode 4 of Generations and it was fantastic! The bit with Team Rocket cracked me up and Lance's Dragonite kicked ass! In my opinion, why can't the regular anime be like this? It's just done so well with none of the characters being dumbed down!

Champion Steven and Diantha were kicking ass in the last anime  episode and showed how badass they were just fine. 

Generations is fine and all but it's literally just retelling if what we've already seen in the games, battles themselves don't even last a minute (blame that in the format) and there's no consistent story so no reason to get heavily invested in any character, once again due to the format. 

Its like comparing apples to oranges honestly. 

So I had a thought: in one of the early screenshots we saw that Delia would also be going to Alola, and that she's also bringing Mr. Mime along, as opposed to having it stay behind to look after their home in Pallet Town.

Then I remembered that the story of the Sun and Moon games involves the protagonist having just moved to Alola...

You can probably see where I'm going with this. What if the Ketchum family are outright upping sticks to the Alola region?

I posted this in a status earlier but felt that it'd fit here too. I really like the way this guy put this video together to explain his points on why the decisions taken on Sun and Moon's animation isn't as bad as people made it seem at first. Apologies if we're already past this discussion and I'm just digging it back up.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Ferno said:

I posted this in a status earlier but felt that it'd fit here too. I really like the way this guy put this video together to explain his points on why the decisions taken on Sun and Moon's animation isn't as bad as people made it seem at first. Apologies if we're already past this discussion and I'm just digging it back up.

I'm not listening to some asshole who just wants to force people to like everything and says that anyone who doesn't, whether they understand other's viewpoints or not, automatically doesn't know what they're talking about because he says so.

I saw this video already this guy needs to get his head out of his ass, as does everyone else trying to tell people that they have to like Sun & Moon.

With that said, the art in most of this new trailer looked quite a bit better than before, in my opinion. The shots they reused still look bad, but the new stuff was good. =D

MUCH more importantly, the latest episode was a really good one.

18 hours ago, Ferno said:

Quoting this for emphasis. This is was extremely informative and I wanna thank you for sharing this, he put into words what I couldn't. I studied animation a bit in college, too. This is the most life-like I've ever seen the characters and I can't wait to see more. The negative knee-jerk reactions to Sun and Moon has been embarrassing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

To me the problem with most of the negativity from the Sun/Moon anime come from youtubers who have pretty much said that they don't even care about the show and said they stopped early on(foreverworld being a prime example) so see them making videos talking about it just makes them come off as they're just doing it for attention. 

Episode 05 - The Legacy

Episode 06 - The Reawakening

Take that Legendary "Dogs" naysayers.

• Thumbs Up 1