Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Speaking of that movie somebody uploaded the new rendition of "Aim to be a Pokemon Master" and it's glorious 

According to todays episode:

Ash's Rockruff will evolve soon.

...which brings me to something else...

I've seen some people speculate that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will have a new Lycanroc form, and that Ash's Rockruff will evolve into it, and honestly, I think that's a very real possibility;

In the one trailer we've seen for USUM so far, there's a clip of a Lycanroc jumping into the air, but we never get a good look at it. At first glance it just looks like the day form, but the fact they're obscuring it makes me think it's something new that they can't reveal yet.

On the subject of Ash's Rockruff, the fact that it had to be said that "it'll evolve soon" seems odd for what would presumably be a normal evolution into a Pokemon we've already seen in the show and would thus not have anything really cliffhanger-y about it, which leads me to think this is leading up to something more than a simple day or night form evolution.

Also Ash's Rockruff suddenly becomes really aggressive in this episode. Make of that what you will.

That's an interesting theory, but...

Spoiler

I rechecked the US/UM trailer, and the Lycanroc in question is very definitely Midday Form.  I think it's obscured to be dramatic for in-game reasons - possibly the first time you see a Lycanroc in the story.

It seems weird the characters in Movie 20 seem like DP advertisements for a game that does not exist. Were the writers expecting DP remakes this year or something? Literally makes no sense otherwise. 

I've seen people speculate the girl/boy might also be new playable characters in future remakes, but I really can't see them replacing Dawn with her or Lucas. They kept May and Brendan for ORAS so I could imagine how annoyed DP fans might be if Dawn/Lucas aren't in future DP remakes. Although the writers promoting Piplup entirely seperate from Dawn with a new character in the movie does heavily imply it.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 03/08/2017 at 0:16 PM, FFWF said:

That's an interesting theory, but...

Reveal hidden contents

I rechecked the US/UM trailer, and the Lycanroc in question is very definitely Midday Form.  I think it's obscured to be dramatic for in-game reasons - possibly the first time you see a Lycanroc in the story.

You were saying?

Exactly the same thing as I was saying before, funnily enough.  The Lycanroc in the US/UM trailer is unquestionably Midday form, no debate possible.  We see its entire lower half coloured in the first scene, and its entire body uncoloured in the second scene, and both match Midday form exactly.  Meanwhile, I made no statement whatsoever on the possibility of an actual new Lycanroc form; I merely said that the Lycanroc we see in the trailer is not it.  And will you look at that, the new form is a different colour and can easily be told apart from the trailer Lycanroc.  I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, since I was merely disagreeing with one verifiable point in your theory, and not the entire thing; in actuality, we both seem to have been proven right in one fell swoop.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

http://serebii.net/

Ticket preorders for the 20th movie have opening up in the US. If you live in any of the listed theatre locations and wanna see it, have at it!

The link just takes me to serebiis front page, with nothing about the ticket pre-orders 

17 minutes ago, Soniman said:

The link just takes me to serebiis front page, with nothing about the ticket pre-orders 

Scroll down.

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Brock and Misty are back guys. Ya happy?

After getting cucked by the writing staff for over a decade when it comes to returning characters, ESPECIALLY the original squad, you're god damn right I am.

Well I'll be damned... are they actually listening to the fans now?  Should I start wondering if he's gonna get Pigeot and Primeape back as well?

And they're getting Megas...just because!

btw this is more than likely because of that poll from a few months back.

36 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Well I'll be damned... are they actually listening to the fans now?  Should I start wondering if he's gonna get Pigeot and Primeape back as well?

If pidgeot comes back, maybe Ash will finally have a mega evolution on his hand. Especially since Brock and Misty have megas.

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

RATINGS GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB.

Sun and Moon have regularly been hitting the top 10 ratings every week. If the show needs one thing, ratings isn't it.

11 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Sun and Moon have regularly been hitting the top 10 ratings every week. If the show needs one thing, ratings isn't it.

Then I'm pretty suspicious on this. It's kind of out of nowhere.

The average time it takes to get an episode from conception to syndication is six months - conveniently around the time Verity and the other kid were revealed for Movie 20, and were eviscerated by the fandom writ large. You could say there's causation, I'll leave it to you to decide.

Far more believably, there's talk that Ultra SM will take you to Kanto, so that might be what this is for.

Well, I like Brock at least.

Hope Dawn shows up again one day. I'd love to see her in this style.

8 hours ago, -Robin- said:

The BOTTOM of the Top 10, to be more accurate. 3.6 ain't exactly a stellar performance, dude. It's pretty bad.

Anywho, here we are with Best Wishes Season 2...2.0. Except at least that waited until Episode N to bring in Dawn, Cynthia and Charizard.

It's neat to see them both returning, but good lord do that look awful in SM's art style. Then again, so does every other character. They still look better than Ash, though.

But hey! Actually interesting battles will be happening and that's enough reason for me to pay attention! I'll definitely look forward to this and enjoy it when it airs, provided it isn't written poorly, then promptly go back to waiting for Gen 8 while pretending this snorefest of a season doesn't exist until something neat finally happens.