Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

• 3 weeks later...

Mother of mercy, and here I thought I'd never see the day a Pokémon episode wouldn't carry a mature rating.

On a less disturbing note, is this Buzzwole getting caught by Ash?  I mean, the preview could just be a red herring, but it looked like he's pretty much bagging himself the closest thing to a legendary.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

Mother of mercy, and here I thought I'd never see the day a Pokémon episode wouldn't carry a mature rating.

On a less disturbing note, is this Buzzwole getting caught by Ash?  I mean, the preview could just be a red herring, but it looked like he's pretty much bagging himself the closest thing to a legendary.

Watch them throw a loophole and the Ultra beast they catch arent theirs

20 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Good luck, Ultra Guardians.

tumblr_p3h00u9TCV1tpvtc4o2_r1_540.gif

You're gonna need it.

I’d never thought I’d see the day where Pokemon produced a scene that looked so wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

With this movie being a psuedo-Movie 2 remake, it's kind of funny this is the second movie in a row Misty will be purposely excluded from when she existed in the original run for it. I guess Tracey too, since he was in this movie and not Brock. And given how shipping heavy the second movie was, I've already seen some pokeshippers on tumblr complaining they're remaking another OS-era thing that Misty had a role in. The irony is hilarious. If it weren't for Misty/Brock's recent SM cameo you'd think they were purposely excluding them for a reason.

I guess the new girl will be a Melody-type character, probably similar to her. I wonder if Ash will be shipped with her, the original Melody did kiss Ash on the cheek. And Yajima, the director of XY, is making this new movie, and we saw how much he liked shipping with Serena.

It also means the SM cast will probably be the first group never to be in any movies, since now they passed them up two times also. I guess it doesn't matter much, Ash's companions never really get to do much in the movies. I think the last movie centered around a companion was May in the Manaphy movie all the way back in 2006, besides Dawn getting some decent screentime in the DP movies. I don't think we've had anything since. Brock was also in like 12 movies and outside of battling Molly for 2 minutes in Movie 3, he was a glorified background character for the other 11.

Theories are running rampant that Coro Coro is hinting at Lugia getting a new forme; apparently it's going to reveal an "important scoop" about the Pokemon next issue.

...I'm not at all sure I'd be on board with that.

I'm really liking the continuity set by M20 so far. It's very refreshing to have a fresh start for once and be able to see things done in a different way. It's the reboot the anime has needed, to be honest. 

I doubt this is a retelling of M02. It's just another movie to feature Lugia as the main legendary. Things will most likely start looking different once Zeraora makes it's debut.

I knew Lugia was going to be in the next movie the moment I heard his song in the teaser. I’m also doubting that this is a retelling of the 2nd movie, so it’s a wait and see in regards to what it’ll be about. I’m really liking the visuals so far though.

On 14/02/2018 at 12:27 AM, Ernest-Panda said:

Movie update:

oktTJa.jpg

So Lugia will be the focus, I'm liking where this is going.

On 2/24/2018 at 8:00 PM, DarkRula said:

I knew they were going to get Ultra in there somewhere. Just not where I was expecting it.

Yep! No surprise there that they’re jumping into the adaptation of the latest games already.

23 hours ago, Jiren's Only fan said:

I think the anime just copied a scene out of Gundam

Its a very popular scene in Japan, used in various works.

Kinda like a meme.

• Thumbs Up 1