Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

3 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Can't wait for them to hype up the shipteasing and then dump her like Serena when this gen's over.

You mean like they do for every gen at this point?

Is this the first time we've ever had a Pikachu not voiced by Otani?

Those few snippets of Rachael Lillis in the first few dub eps don't count.

8 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Is this the first time we've ever had a Pikachu not voiced by Otani?

Those few snippets of Rachael Lillis in the first few dub eps don't count.

And now that you pointed this out, I can't stop noticing it. Thanks.

I guess it has to happen at some point. Otani's being doing this for 20 years.

Almost every Pikachu besides the main one isn't voiced by Ohtani iirc.

Richie's, that one with the surfer powers, and one from an episode of XY with the rocker.

Yeah, that's my thing though. Ohtani's voice is clearly what I think of when it comes to Ash's Pikachu. So him being voiced by someone else is a bit uncanny.

3 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

CfoajE.jpg

I’ll just let this speak for itself

Oh, look- Rowlet's finally evolving. But I don't see Torracat or Cheeto-dog anywhere. I know Ash gave up his Poipole (Of course), but where are the other two?

Yeah, Rowlett's p much part of the SunMoon's mascot. Very unlikely they'll let him evolve.

I wonder if Brock and Misty still have some of the other pokemons. 

On 9/13/2018 at 8:12 PM, Tails spin said:

I have a feeling that Ash is finally getting an Eevee

That would make sense depending on how they go about promoting Let's Go. (...A fillerish season set in Kanto is my first thought but I dunno how likely that is...)

On 9/13/2018 at 8:56 PM, PC the Hedgehog said:

It took me way too long to realize my boy Hau is in the image. Yay!

Same, I really felt really bad when I only saw him after taking a second look at the poster. It's nice he's finally showing up, it's genuinely baffling it took so long. And then there's Guzma...

• 2 weeks later...

Am listening to the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew soundtrack. I finally saw it last week when Twitch was showing it, and I'm really surprised at how good the soundtrack is.

The new SM opening aired today, you can watch it on youtube, etc....no team spoilers but it was a pretty good opening. Hau and the new Eevee are there.

Interestingly enough, Misty/Brock aren't in the new opening at all. Which obviously implies their return will probably be another brief 2 episode cameo in November to hype up the games release, and nothing more. Even though Misty/Brock are in the background in that poster, I saw a lot of speculation on line of them staying in Alola for an extended period of time, but I guess the new opening safely implies they won't. Makes sense anyway, the writers don't really have much to do with them after their first SM cameo, and if they stayed they would inevitably take screentime away from the SM cast, which is already large and bloated as it is, so they'll quickly go.

Willing to bet this will be Misty's last appearance till the 30th anniversary. After this they'll probably have no reason to hype up Kanto for awhile, so just like she disappeared for 12 years since mid-AG in 2005, expect the same after SM.

That Pikachu episode was enjoyable, as was that new opening. I do have to wonder when that Eevee comes into play, as it doesn't look like there's much of a chance in the next episode.

Misty and Brock getting placement on the poster was probably just for hype.

So im way behind on this anime. I've been getting caught up and I'm almost done with season 8.

Just wondering why it looks like Ash has a mustache in the current art style?

Yes.

tumblr_pglgj20HdH1vvuksdo2_500.gif

Finally the writers are giving the fans what they want, yuri fanservice. It's about time we had another lesbian ship in the show. Last one being Zoey flirting with Dawn, but Dawn was a bit too oblivious to realize it so it was mostly one-sided.

After they had Serena crush on Ash in all of XY, obviously they had to do something different with Lillie and couldn't have her crush on Ash too. Funnily enough, I find Mallow and Lillie's personalities "just ok" in SM, and nothing really special since they just have cheery/girly personalities and don't stand out much, but for some reason I like their ship. I guess it's proof you can put two characters together to make people like them more?

• Thumbs Up 1

This episode was just a cavalcade of anime references, not just Utena. 

That glorious Jessie screenshot!

tumblr_pgxzmrJMgh1uep5pko1_500h.jpg?fbclid=IwAR0Yt5HISa370grbnZtsFV-v0npjaGPwUSiKbTaBjhAC4jy76whyC8lGXUs

A knowing shoutout to most of Megumi Hayashibara's iconic VA roles through her 30+ years of voice acting.

From left to right, to the best of my knowledge:

Himiko Shinobibe - Mashin Hero Wataru (her third role in her career, dating all the way back to 1988!)
Ranma Saotome - Ranma 1/2
Lina Inverse - Slayers
Rei Ayanami - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Lime - Saber Marionette J
Literally Hello Kitty/Sanrio
Faye Valentine - Cowboy Bebop
Ai Haibara - Detective Conan
Minky Momo - Magical Princess Minky Momo
Paprika - Paprika

Fantastic stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's kind of strange to think they would reference adult anime like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, etc. which has killings/blood/death, nudity, fanservice, etc. in a children's anime like Pokemon. Granted all these references would likely fly over kids heads, especially since most of this anime is 20+ years old.