Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

As for my favorite intro. There's no contest, its THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxt7AdBPweg

FUCK. YES!

Imagine being a kid, and having you're fucking mind blown with the revelation that they're are NEW Pokemon than the 151 we've gotten to know and love.

And that theme, dear god that theme is fucking magnificent, it instantly gets you pumped for the show, it so energetic and so cheerful I always get teary eyed watching it

Nostalgia is a powerful thing, man.

Edited by Sonimas032

As for my favorite intro. There's no contest, its THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxt7AdBPweg

FUCK. YES!

Imagine being a kid, and having you're fucking mind blown with the revelation that they're are NEW Pokemon than the 151 we've gotten to know and love.

And that theme, dear god that theme is fucking magnificent, it instantly gets you pumped for the show, it so energetic and so cheerful I always get teary eyed watching it.

Me & Brother had got up so damn early just to catch the premiere. Worth it.

Edited by FrostySilencer

*video*

So ya wanna be a master,POKEMON

Do ya have the skills to be NUMBER ONE!

We all Live in a Pokemon World, I wanna be the greatest master of the alllllll! (Pikkkkaaaaachuuuuuuu).

I swear that intro was fucking awesome back when I was a kid.

Edited by Jingle Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

My favorite "main" theme has to be the instrumental version of Advance Adventure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg2PhxLh0Us&feature=related

As I said earlier, Jirachi Wish Maker was the movie that got me back into the series after my hiatus, so this theme, which was also on the menu screen for the DVD, holds a special place for me. It gives you sense that "Oh shit, something's about to go down."

And then the remixes. OH DEAR LORD SHINJI MIYAZAKI'S REMIXES:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFmC6R7p5Q

<3333333333

Why it took the anime producers 14 years to finally release the gym themes on CD, I will never figure out.

Johto Rival Theme is the fucking shit! And You all were addicted to it, even that fucking midi version in the original Silver game!

Edited by FrostySilencer
  • Thumbs Up 1

And the music within the Anime was amazing as well (well the original anyway)

Oh god, *that moment when you realize you'll never be a kid again*

Edited by Sonimas032

I liked the Indigo league the most for some reason...

Pokemon was awesome back then. Looking back on the episodes, it's easy to see that I've outgrown the show, but it's always got a special place in my heart.

Gotta catch 'em all~

I liked the Indigo league the most for some reason...

Pokemon was awesome back then. Looking back on the episodes, it's easy to see that I've outgrown the show, but it's always got a special place in my heart.

Gotta catch 'em all~

Ya know, as much as I've matured over the years, I haven't outrown Pokemon in the slightest, I will still watch an episode or two and not give a fuck what anyone thinks.

Ah yes, I used to love this anime, and the Indigo league holds a special place in my heart for Nostalgia.

The Orange Island was pretty good too, but looking back, the series started to lose its freshness in the middle of the Johto anime. It just got painfully repetitive.

Even Team Rocket went from awesome and hilarious to just pathetic and at times very, very, grating.

I did watch a bit of Pokemon Black and White and I think it's actually pretty good. Definitely a nice change of pace from the different seasons.

I also looked at some pictures from Serebii.net.

So Meowth's on the hero's side now? I kinda get the feeling he may return to Team Rocket after a several episodes, but for now I'm definitely interested.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Oh, this show had some good episodes to it. and hell, I used to love it all the way through the Johto season and into the first part of the Hoenn saga! however at that point it started to get a little long winded and I lost interest. I'll always remember it as a good show though with a lot of awesome moments. not to mention the music was great!

Edited by Shinigami

Ah Pokemon. It used to be one of my favorite shows and I would always try my hardest to keep up the show. Unfortunately I fell out with it after the D/P saga as I was just sick of watching the same thing over and over again. But Black and White renewed my love for the series(kind of)because of the new things they added(No more Brock, Team Rocket not sucking every chance they get ect.) but I still don't keep up with it. I still hate that Ash isn't a Pokemanz master yet. (That and the fact that he is still 10 for some dumb reason.)

I also used to love renting The Power of One and Mewtwo Returns.

Edited by Holly Jolly Havoc

One more track and them im done.

Im sure anyone who has watched Pokemon, remembers this beautiful piece, it truly does take you back to your childhood.

And with that im off, good night folks.

Edited by Sonimas032

I decided to watch the first series of Pokémon at one point, needless to say I gave up. I also watched BW for the most part.

NOT FORGETTING THE BEST LINE EVER COMES FROM POKéMON

I don't really like the anime, the first ones up till the johto league were good imo though.

This, really.

As others have said, the Indigo and Orange League series were actually good. Once it got to Johto it all started to go downhill. I dropped the series around halfway through Johto and just sort of watched a few odd, random episodes after that before dropping it entirely partway into Hoenn.

Johto is commonly considered to be the weakest link in the series, thanks in part to having so many episodes without having the main story really go anywhere. A good chunk of the Johto episodes could be broken down to "Ash and co. meets a Pokemon and/or a trainer with a Pokemon, Team Rocket tries to steal said Pokemon, Ash and co. stops them from doing so and makes them blast off, everyone's happy, the end." Granted, some of those WERE decent filler episodes, there were just way too many of them. It doesn't help that Misty, Brock, and Team Rocket effectively did jack shit throughout all of Johto, just being there for the ride; that lack of purpose was one of the reasons Misty was removed from the main cast when Advanced Generation aired.

Once the Hoenn saga kicked off however, it was clear that the writers had learned from their mistakes, and tried harder to keep a consistent storyline, and include plot-specific elements within the episodes every so often. Having May do Pokemon Contests helped keep things organized.

I think this show is a huge piece of crap. Now, before everyone throws a fit over me insulting their childhood, let me explain why I feel this way.

I love the early seasons, sure, but that's pure 100% nostalgia talking there. You take the nostalgia goggles off, and you're left with a lousy, idiotic show in my opinion. I will say, however, that I commend them for sticking so close to the source material and not making it radically different... but even so. Some things just don't transfer well from game to show, and in my opinion, this is one of them. Also, I haven't seen the show in years, but I'm assuming that it has the same issues that the games have for me, in that it's the same shit over and over again. Now, all I can say is: if Team Rocket is STILL trying to catch Pikachu... then that's beyond stupid.

....What are you talking about?