Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

18 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

He's captured too. Look at the bottom of the screen when everyone is rising up. He's there, but he's on his side. You can just barely seen parts of him like the markings on his thighs and his tongue scarf.

Just noticed earlier today.  Guess the cavalry will be up to the supporting characters this time.

This is the first time Ash is in a very desperate situation in the anime, not counting movies. Also kudos for making the Evil team actually threatening for once in the show.

I'm really looking forward to this, damn fine climax for the XY anime it will be.

So we got some more screen shots for the upcoming episodes 

Spoiler

CqqMWbJWYAADSEd.jpg

CqqMX60WIAIJcRP.jpg

CqqMZD6XYAAQGBt.jpg

CqqMaG3WgAQ6fSx.jpg

Oh hi Steven

On 23 August 2016 at 1:43 AM, Dantemustdie00 said:

This is the first time Ash is in a very desperate situation in the anime, not counting movies. Also kudos for making the Evil team actually threatening for once in the show.

I'm really looking forward to this, damn fine climax for the XY anime it will be.

Well there was the evil Malamar episodes, cheesier they might have been. They were going to turn the entire planet into a toxic rock (and immobilised the cast to sit and watch in the second one). Wonder if those guys will come back before things are over.

I'll be really miffed if Ash and Steven don't recognise eachother. Or in Ash's case, finally have him realise who the guy in the picture was.

Considering how they didn't even mention or explained how Steven became champion when Wallace was revealed in DP  to be the reigning Hoenn champion, i doubt the writers would care that much about continuity to remember that Ash already met Steven in AG.

Solid opener to this climax 

You shouldn't have had Ash lose for this though. 

Okay okay I won't mention it anymore 

• Thumbs Up 4

So TV Tokyo took down the preview for this weeks episode but I was able to take a snap shot out that dislike bar. I'm spoiling for size 

Spoiler

CqosCBwXYAAqRKp.jpg

And just for fun let me compare it to other trailers that have gotten a lot of hate 

CqosIB5WgAAm9VT.jpg

CqosKh-WYAAcLHg.jpg

Saying "they fucked up" would be an understatement. I'm gonna sound like a broken record at this point but I hope they were prepared for what they did like if this was like the top 8 or top 4 folks would be mad granted but the fact that this was the finals and they've been over hyping this for over a month even using the tagline "Ash's first win?" including showing off Greninja's super move a lot...yeah this is to be expected. 

Anyways enough about that for now I saw the latest episode and the team flare arc is off to a good start. Too bad I can't find any good subs on youtube.

Spoiler

Why the hell did Clemont just now make those communicators? That would of been useful a while back with all the times the group gets separated. 

here's the preview for the next episode tho 

dem dislikes tho

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at the YouTube channel, most of TVTokyo's vids are getting downvoted to hell, even if they have nothing to do with Pokemon.

Hell, a Yo-Kai Watch one is also suffering from it.

All that proves to me is how fucking petty the fanbase really is.

And by fanbase, I mean people who stopped watching the anime by Season 2 and only came back to fulfill a 2 decade old meme.

• Thumbs Up 1

The creators don't deserve an ounce of ire for betraying "fans" (i.e. viewers not considered part of the target audience) of XY. Y'all played yourselves for having unrealistic expectations of the outcome and for getting hopelessly, emotionally worked up over something that will never happen for any of your sakes.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why put him in the finals tho? Why make Ash never get a victory over Alain tho? Why build up this Ash-Greninja thing and spend time dedicating the potential of the fusion can do? Why show off that Super move if it did jack shit to Charizard? Why use the tagline "Ash's first win!?!" if it was obvious that they didn't only want not only their normal demographic to watch but other folks to watch this event too? You can say "fans got their hopes too high" which is true but that's because the show wanted people to get excited for this event. I know you won't bother watching it but you'd actually have to see this particular series to understand why folks were mad. 

What incentive do the writers have in letting Ash win a league? Why should they even care about the older fans in the first place when the anime is deliberately designed for an extremely young audience who will inevitably lose interest in the show two or three years down the line? Have you ever stopped to wonder why Ash's character and intelligence got reset in BW, or why there are almost no references to past seasons in XY?

No amount of improved animation and decent writing is going to change the fact that the writers are uninterested in emotional resonance, sensible continuity, and lasting character development. The anime has been going on for as long as Pokémon has been a thing and Ash is no closer to achieving his goals than he was during Kanto; it's not written for us in mind any more than My Little Pony is written for 20-something-year-old neckbeards. You guys should have known better.

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean comparimg kanto!ash and xy!ash is like night and day in terms of how "close" they are to their goals but your overall point remains

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll concede that from what I've read, Ash in XY seems overall more capable and mature than he was in Kanto, but even that doesn't matter when the writers are gonna be pulling a deus ex machina rug from under his feet regardless of any change to his character, so technically he still ain't any closer to achieving his goals, and won't ever be.

Remember that Simpsons episode where Bart choked at a baseball game and the people of Springfield launched a hate campaign againat him until Marge guilt tripped them into giving him a do-over. And he kept continuosly choking but they kept coming up with random excuses for why it didn't count.

I can imagine that last part happening for Ash but in reverse.

In Alola, Ash will lose the finals because he threw his first Pokeball slightly higher than the regulated height for Pokeball throwing.

6 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Remember that Simpsons episode where Bart choked at a baseball game and the people of Springfield launched a hate campaign againat him until Marge guilt tripped them into giving him a do-over. And he kept continuosly choking but they kept coming up with random excuses for why it didn't count.

I can imagine that last part happening for Ash but in reverse.

In Alola, Ash will lose the finals because he threw his first Pokeball slightly higher than the regulated height for Pokeball throwing.

I thought Alola didn't have a Pokemon league though.

48 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

I thought Alola didn't have a Pokemon league though.

Kinda makes it all the more, a damn shame that Ash couldn't have one FINAL definitive League win before Gen 7 which doesn't have leagues.

On 8/26/2016 at 9:27 PM, -Robin- said:

All that proves to me is how fucking petty the fanbase really is.

Highly doubt it's even just the fanbase that was upset by that letdown.

10 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

Kinda makes it all the more, a damn shame that Ash couldn't have one FINAL definitive League win before Gen 7 which doesn't have leagues.

Highly doubt it's even just the fanbase that was upset by that letdown.

Yeah the way the XY series has been getting a lot of praise, even people who aren't normally fans of the anime or not that familiar with Pokemon have likely been looking forward to seeing Ash actually finally win, I mean it was getting spread around like wildfire.

It would've also have been a perfect sendoff since Alola doesn't have a League so to speak.

• Thumbs Up 1

Where are you all getting the impression that Alola doesn't have a league? Just because there aren't conventional gyms?

Confirmed, Ash will be freed next episode:

Lysandre must have something big in his Doc Oc attire for a 9-1 face off.

7 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

Confirmed, Ash will be freed next episode:

Lysandre must have something big in his Doc Oc attire for a 9-1 face off.

Ash and Alain vs. Lysandre and his Shiny Mega Gyarados. Also Steven is back. This is gonna be good.