Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

20 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Anime writers please don't forget Ash and Steven have met before please please PLEASE.

It can go either way. Remember he did remember Jasmine in Dp and Clair in BW. And vaguely remember James past in that one dp episode. But lets remember that the writers made Steven have such a pathetic role in advanced. A one off episode where he wasn't introduced as the champion and his role in the team magma/aqua arc was stolen by lance. So this Steven will be redo so they may not make Ash remember him

Team Rocket doesn't even remember him I highly doubt Ash will too

Random thought: what if Ash's Rotom Pokedex ends up being Professor Oak's Rotom?

There was a whole episode surrounding it in Best Wishes, from which point it's become a reoccurring Pokemon at Oak's lab. Imagine if they where setting it up for that this whole time?

I could see Oak's Rotom taking that role, though even if that happens I don't think it was intentionally set up by the writers. I mean, I doubt Game Freak planned for a Rotom Pokedex that long ago... :P

The thought about Oak's Rotom becoming the RotomDex did cross my mind.  However, my guess is that Game Freak had the idea pop into their heads during the end of BW and asked the showrunners to give Rotom to Oak, just in case the idea really goes anywhere.

Is anyone else a little concerned that no more episode titles and airdates have been revealed beyond next weeks episode?

21 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Is anyone else a little concerned that no more episode titles and airdates have been revealed beyond next weeks episode?

I think I'll start getting suspicious when we reach next week's episode and we still find no sign of the next.  We've still got some more time to go and I highly doubt we're in for a huge break before S&M.

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

For that matter, I'm surprised they're not dropping announcements for the SunMoon series yet.

Maybe we'll get a tease in CoroCoro this month?

On 8/29/2016 at 1:06 AM, Celestia said:

I could see Oak's Rotom taking that role, though even if that happens I don't think it was intentionally set up by the writers. I mean, I doubt Game Freak planned for a Rotom Pokedex that long ago... :P

Shellos and Gastrodon were developed in the pre-Hoenn stages. A Rotom Pokedex being conceived for use in a later gen before XY was released fits a time pacing Game Freak has followed before.

10 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nine_new_XYZ_English_dubbed_episode_titles_leaked

New dub episode titles have been revealed, including episode 135, which hasn't even had its Japanese title revealed yet!

Well that's a first, the English title being revealed before the its Japanese title was even announced, I'm quite suprised about it.

Two more Japanese episodes have finally been announced:

"The Megalith Moves Forward! The Kalos Line of Defence!!"

"The Zygarde Counterattack! The Final Decisive Battle of Kalos!!"

They are the finale of the Team Flare arc and will both air as an hourlong special on September 15, followed by a one week break.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Ultra Beasts remind me of Ba'als from Bravely Second. Horrific amalgamations that imply some sort of human connection.

I half expect Ash's traveling companion to come crashing down on the island via spaceship at this point.

(Bravely Second spoilers implied in joke)

Serena, scorned over Ash for leaving her in Kalos, lets her emotions run wild and be manipulated by the Big Bad of Alola, who transforms her emotions into killer Ultra Beasts that run rampant in the world. Fund it.

On September 8, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Ernest-Panda said:

There's going to be a "special announcement" at the end of next weeks finale.

Oh, whatever could it be?

The return of Brock and Misty obviously!

On a serious note this arc has been really good so far. Everybody is getting their chance to shine and a lot of great character moments there are still some flaws(then again what doesn't have) but man there is a lot of good in this.

Spoiler

Ok seriously I still don't believe that Ash is 10 years old. The things that he's said in this and the last episode sounds way too deep for a 10 year old to say that's just me tho. Also anybody noticed that Alain had a few lines of dialogue in this episode?

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I imagine Ash is easily in his teens by now. Maybe about 14 at the youngest?

Then in Alohla the narrator will say ash is 10

I just find it bullshit that even tho they acknowledged that everything up to Kanto to now has happened they then decided to say lol it hasn't been a year yet and the only person to have had a birthday is Jessie. If they had said that it was 3 years I'd buy it plus didn't the Advance series state at times that Kanto-then took place within years or was that a dub only thing?

Yeah, pretty sure it was only the (4kids era) dub that stated years passed. I guess that was just an assumption on their part; you can't blame 'em since I don't think it was ever stated or even implied otherwise until later.

Oddly enough, I remember reading on Bulbapedia that an episode near the end of BW apparently implied that "at least" a year had passed since the end of the Johto saga. Unless that was also dub only, but assuming it wasn't, did they go back on that?

In the dub they stated that when Ash returned to Verdian in kanto it had been a year. And then another year in the third movie pikachu short.

3 hours ago, Celestia said:

Yeah, pretty sure it was only the (4kids era) dub that stated years passed. I guess that was just an assumption on their part; you can't blame 'em since I don't think it was ever stated or even implied otherwise until later.

Oddly enough, I remember reading on Bulbapedia that an episode near the end of BW apparently implied that "at least" a year had passed since the end of the Johto saga. Unless that was also dub only, but assuming it wasn't, did they go back on that?

It was only assumed a year passed because Iris and Cilan used the Magnet Train to go to Johto, which was still under construction and said to be finished in a year when we saw it in the OS.

Also, while its never stated in the original Japanese how much time had passed, there are actually multiple indications that, by the time of the Indigo Conference, at least a year and a half had passed since Ash started his journey.

In the Pichu & Pikachu short, Ash is celebrating his birthday and one year anniversary of having met Pikachu

oh wait that short is banned so it's not canon

• Thumbs Up 1