Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

And then Brock switches career goals from Breeder to Doctor in a span of a single episode, and departs the group the episode after that, thereby essentially rendering his reasoning for staying with Ash for the past 480-some odd episodes completely obsolete.

Silly Brock.

Well being a Breeder was basically a lesser version of a Doctor so I can accept Brock going the extra mile with his practice, and that's not to say the stuff he learned as a breeder can't be applied to being a doctor as well.

Edited by TheScroogenator

I'm fine with it too, I'm just miffed that it happened so suddenly, with no buildup. I had flashbacks to Misty leaving the group after that moment and felt a case of deja vu.

The first two episode titles of the new series is known now.

Episode 770: Juniper's Laboratory! A New Journey!
Episode 771: Friend...His name is N!

So Ash and co. return to Nuvema Town after the league, and it appears that they're staying in the region, the first this has happened since the Original Series, since the Orange Islands is technically a part of Kanto. Sounding pretty good.

Hmm, so Ash is staying in Unova for the time being...that's cool I guess but where they going to explore, they've covered every portion of Unova....unless they pull some new league out their ass.

halolz-dot-com-pokemontvshow-friendsfore

Somewhat relevant.

To be fair, hanging around the guy that is 12 years old, and already ranks in Top 8 in 3 leagues that he has participated in, Top 4 in one, has been offered a position to be a Frontier Brain, and probably one of the top trainers in the world if he ever decided to use his fucking brain and utilize all of his Pokemon is not such a bad idea and has led to multiple opportunities that Brock just did not take advantage of. If you recall correctly, Ash indirectly taught May and Dawn how to be coordinators and Misty adopts a lot of Battle strategies from Ash. So it is not Ash's fault that Brock is underachieving or was.

My guess is that they will take a lot of cues from Black and White 2,  a World Tournament Arc maybe?

If it brings old friends/Pokémon for sometime I will be down for that.

We need another "Gathering the Gang of Four!".

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just a quick comment.

I want to push Max off a cliff into a ocean with jutted rocks at the bottom.

For added hatred, he's also old Charmy.

Also new episode today:

So fucking Kotetsu has a Hydreigon, and knows how to use it but sends out Ferrothorn and Swanna against Pignite and Pikachu respectively(with predictable results), and THEN only brings five pokemon to a 6 on 6 battle.....I swear to god if Ash loses to this guy.

For added hatred, he's also old Charmy.

Also new episode today:

So fucking Kotetsu has a Hydreigon, and knows how to use it but sends out Ferrothorn and Swanna against Pignite and Pikachu respectively(with predictable results), and THEN only brings five pokemon to a 6 on 6 battle.....I swear to god if Ash loses to this guy.

Episode #769

Unova League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Do you really think that Pikachu will beat that fucker?

Episode #769

Unova League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Do you really think that Pikachu will beat that fucker?

Pikachu's beaten motherfucking legendaries, it should be able to handle a Lucario. It's just that the writers love to screw Ash over.

Misty > Iris > May > Dawn. dealwithit.jpg

Anyway, the next episode after that Lucario v. Pikachu is that return to Juniper's laboratory episode, so it's looking like Ash will lose.

Wouldn't particularly care though. He's destined to lose at Pokemon Leagues anyway so his journey can continue. Besides, he can certainly make up for it by kicking ass and taking names against Team Plasma in the next arc. Ash beating the hell out of Ghetsis go go go.

Been on the Hoenn Arc for about 2 (or 3) days and I'm already at the "Advanced Battle" season (or season 3).

Gotta say, it's a lot better paced and more enjoyable/original than Johto so far.

Edited by TheScroogenator

What are everyone's thoughts on Master Quest? I remember getting a DVD a few years back and hated it.

The Whirl Cup where Ash lost against Misty's Psyduck, Ritchie returning in the Baby Lugia episodes, Delibird "joining" Team Rocket, Ash gets is Phanpy, Baby Larvitar "joins" Ash and co., Lake of Rage, Pokémon League with Ash vs Gary that is still one of the best league battles and then Harrison and fucking Blaziken, yeah, I think I liked Master Quest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I liked Master Quest, though I still think they could have done without all that Whirl Islands filler.

He doesn't even have to stop his journey, but good god I wish the writers would stop sweeping the rug out from under him at the last minute and let him win a league for once.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly find him beating the Battle Frontier a greater accomplishment than a League victory, considering how much of a Hard Mode the BF is in Emerald and the Gen IV games.

Plus, Ash is still the only person to defeat a single Legendary Pokemon fairly in a standard match, let alone 4 of them. That's a hell of an accomplishment since Legendary Pokemon are considered physical embodiments of nature in the show.

New Pokemon episode title: Episode 772: The New Gym Leader Cheren!

Cheren finally makes his appearance.

Okay, so I finished watching the Zoroark movie. I liked it. Not a lot of action but it told a good story. And I'll admit I did cry a little when Zoroark "died". Zorua was adorable in this movie, I like how he says "Meema" XD

One nitpick I have, Ash and Pikachu were pathetic in this movie. Seriously, Zoroark was getting electrocuted to death and all Ash can do is just float there? I know he and Pikachu were being held with Shuppet's Psychic, but surely a Thunderbolt would have worked? It doesn't require any movement at all.

And not to mention, how Pikachu gets so easily defeated. Just one Shadow Ball sweeps him off the tree.

Overall it was a good movie, I enjoyed it. Way better than Victini by far.

Edit: I really liked the Glameow cameos at the credits. For the last D/P themed movie that was a nice touch. <3

Edited by Christmas Lhancat

Man why is it always the episodes surrounding Team Rocket that pull on my heartstrings? "Sweet Baby James" was probably one of the most touching episodes of AG I've seen so far.