Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Double-post to say a new special episode has just been revealed:

The Legend of XYZ

It's about Sycamore and Alexa exploring some ruins. If the last few post-series specials are any indication these will be forever Japanese-only.

Unless it's a major plot that will come to effect the main series later on then yeah most likely. I am surprised we never get any of those specials but then again if Pokemon chronicles proved anything maybe it's a good idea.

I don't see why Pokemon Chronicles would be a factor in whether it'd work or not.

Pokemon Chronicles was crap because it was handled by an incompetent dubbing team that completely butchered it and never bothered to keep it consistent with the main show.

If these new specials were dubbed I'm sure it'd be by the same dubbers who handle the main show.

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

Take that Legendary "Dogs" naysayers.

Two of them still look like cats while the other is more of a beast.

Still calling them Legendary Beasts.

Meanwhile, Generations continues to be all flash and no substance with the flash not even being that dazzling to look at.

These Generations episodes have been... Underwhelming. I like some of the character designs though. Green looks cool in particular. The Elite Four character with the red hair (forgot her name) looks cool too. Threw me off when her chest jiggled though, I'm not used to Pokémon things having fan service like that. Probably because of the normal anime not having any AFAIK.

But other than that there isn't much to them. They're shorts, so I understand you can't put much in them, but... Still. They're kind of boring.

Was the character from episode 6 anyone we know or is he original for this series? Didn't recognize him.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Was the character from episode 6 anyone we know or is he original for this series? Didn't recognize him.

That'd be Eusine, who debuted in Pokemon Crystal chasing after Suicune and later appeared in HeartGold/SoulSilver. He also appeared briefly in the Johto arc of the anime voiced by Ted Lewis in English and then again in the Legend of Thunder special voiced by Dan Green in English. (He was also incorrectly called "Eugene" in said English version of the special despite the fact that they got his name right the first time. :lol:)

• Thumbs Up 1

Some of the episodes are hot or miss for me. 

I didn't really like ep2 

Ep3 was good but needed more meat to it. 

Ep4 was great 

Ep5  was good but it needed more. I know it was word for word like the hg/3ds event but it would have been nice for it to end with gold/Ethan showing up to the cave in Tojoh falls about to challenge Giovanni.

I loved ep6 though. The lore for the legendary beast was my favorite especially when Pokemon Crystal expanded Suicune's role. And having this episode depict events of the past was great.

I really hope that ep7 either has Ethan going to find and battle Suicune or even better going to Mount Silver and challenging Red with the result of the battle left as a cliff hanger.

Gonna be honest I don't want to see Generations adapt Ethan vs Red mainly because these are shorts and that battle will be as rushed as Red vs Blue in Pokemon Origins or worse Blue vs the E4. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Everything about this looks better then it did in the first trailer, im totally on board now for this saga

Also great song

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/9/2016 at 0:14 AM, Dejimon11 said:

Gonna be honest I don't want to see Generations adapt Ethan vs Red mainly because these are shorts and that battle will be as rushed as Red vs Blue in Pokemon Origins or worse Blue vs the E4. 

I doubt we'll see it anyway. Generations is for stories we haven't seen.

Speaking of Generations, they released a preview for the next episode. WE GON' HOENN!

BRENDAN/RUBY CHOSE BEST STARTER

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

I doubt we'll see it anyway. Generations is for stories we haven't seen.

We've seen the Lake of Rage incident in the anime.

3 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

We've seen the Lake of Rage incident in the anime.

The Lake of Rage incident was shown from the point of view of Lance instead of Gold here.

6 hours ago, Soniman said:

Everything about this looks better then it did in the first trailer, im totally on board now for this saga

Also great song

I can barely hear the song...

There's something telling that the second of two designated Ash-ships was also put on hold, because the two people in the ship went their separate ways, with the girl deciding that the best way to advance her career was to do something previously considered only tangentially related to her goal, one of them goes to Hoenn, and the other is in a region where that person is rooted on the spot within that region.

Serena's going to Hoenn. Turned down Yashio's offer and followed her suggestion to try contests in Hoenn to help her improve her performance skills.

She successfully escaped the Johto trap. Good job, girl. I'm proud. ¦(

Meanwhile, Sun & Moon is still miserably attempting to be a comedy by ignoring first rule of comedy. It's not funny just cause you keep telling people to laugh or that it should be funny or by repeating the same jokes over and over.

On the bright side, we know for sure it begins November 17th. Just as I expected. Too bad we still don't know jack about anything else in the anime.

However, admittedly

ec4.png

I'm VERY curious as to what made all three of them react like this.

Honestly, I'm starting to think this series is just desperately throwing all these faces at the wall to see what sticks and becomes a meme.  Somehow, I'm perfectly okay with this.

OK, they look pretty weird xD

And I'm pretty sure that they just took old stock art for Wobuffet and Meowth. lol

I'm pretty much used to Ash's new face. His latest art gives me a Naruto kind of feel, and I'm really liking it. Pretty excited now!