Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Honestly I'm loving every little bit about the new artstyle. It looks really fun in motion.

They got Sean Schemmel to voice Tabitha. Nice.

And I am not convinced Courtney is not voiced by Stephanie Sheh. Which makes a remarkable amount of sense, really.

• Thumbs Up 1

Courtney is nuts

But also attractive

Hmmmm

She does sound like Hinata, yeah. Might be Sheh. Voice direction is still kind of weird, though.

21 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

Honestly, I'm starting to think this series is just desperately throwing all these faces at the wall to see what sticks and becomes a meme.  Somehow, I'm perfectly okay with this.

if you're so out of touch with the medium you think really common cartoony anime comedic takes are so out-there that it's desperate meme-baiting... you probably should've stopped watching the pokemon anime a long time ago, or at least expanded your horizons a lot more beyond it.

21 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

Honestly, I'm starting to think this series is just desperately throwing all these faces at the wall to see what sticks and becomes a meme.  Somehow, I'm perfectly okay with this.

if you're so out of touch with the medium you think really common cartoony anime comedic takes are so out-there that it's desperate meme-baiting... you probably should've stopped watching the pokemon anime a long time ago, or at least expanded your horizons a lot more beyond it.

3 minutes ago, The KKM said:

Uh.. it was just a joke dude, nothing too serious.  I'm well aware of the many metric tonnes of memes anime has contributed to.

32 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Courtney is nuts

But also attractive

Hmmmm

She does sound like Hinata, yeah. Might be Sheh. Voice direction is still kind of weird, though.

Hmm, Hinata was not my first thought, but yeah, that fits too. I was thinking Airy from Bravely Default.

Just give me Laura Bailey for Cynthia, Chris Ayers for Saturn, and Jason Douglas for Cyrus, and possible Elizabeth Daily for Mars, when the Team Galactic episode is up, Pokemon. Give me that for all I'm worth.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are Generations only using the male protagonists so far? I wanna see one of the girls get the spotlight for a change.

At this rate we won't get to see Hilda finally be in an animated Pokemon thing, huh.

At least Hilbert definitely has a chance; he hasn't even had so much as a cameo in animation either.

56 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Hmm, Hinata was not my first thought, but yeah, that fits too. I was thinking Airy from Bravely Default.

Just give me Laura Bailey for Cynthia, Chris Ayers for Saturn, and Jason Douglas for Cyrus, and possible Elizabeth Daily for Mars, when the Team Galactic episode is up, Pokemon. Give me that for all I'm worth.

Ah, I see. Haven't played Bravely Default yet. XP

So, we are getting a Sinnoh episode then? I didn't know if there was an order to what was happening with the episodes or not. Are there two episodes per region?

17 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Ah, I see. Haven't played Bravely Default yet. XP

So, we are getting a Sinnoh episode then? I didn't know if there was an order to what was happening with the episodes or not. Are there two episodes per region?

Nope Kanto had two ( technically three with red starting out in kanto before going to other region)

Kanto- looker at the Verdian gym and Blue challenging the E4

Johto had three

Lance at lake of rage

Silver and looker talk about silver and Giovanni last meeting 

And the history of the legendary beasts 

So Hoenn may only have two since this on went straight to the climax of the Team Magma Arc. And I can bet the other will be the delta episode 

If anything I could see May fighting off team Aqua in the point in OR AS where you get Latias latios for a third episode 

I say we're getting a Sinnoh episode because Cyrus and Giratina-O are featured on Generations' cover.

Pokemon-Generations-key-art-Copy.jpg

All generations will be covered. How many episodes each get is debatable. 

On another note, the art style for the Sun/Moon anime. Now, I think Ash and Pikachu look fine, and great when in motion. The art style is alright.

In a vacuum.

The problem is, the Sun/Moon game concept art and character designs has remained particularly consistent since Generation IV, and the anime has kept consistent itself with that artstyle. And anything pre-Gen IV, could be argued that it was just due to the entering of the digital age for artwork that it changed, marginally at that, for Diamond and Pearl and onward.

Sun/Moon's game art has not deviated. The anime art, however, has clearly changed from before, from expressions to motions to even design, with Ash's hair and face to whatever the hell happened to Jessie up there. But even then, Mallow looks right at home with the game art standards. Kukui looks consistent. The very Pokemon themselves are a complete 1:1 shot in terms of feature, shape, and proportions. 

Ash, emoting Pikachu, and Team Rocket create such a striking, and imo disgusting, mishmash to the overall style of Sun/Moon that it really feels like the designers said "F*** it, we're doing it this way" five minutes before the deadline was met. 

So yes, they look, from an artistic standpoint, alright. They just don't look distinctly Pokemon anymore. Which is brutally ironic.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

I say we're getting a Sinnoh episode because Cyrus and Giratina-O are featured on Generations' cover.

Pokemon-Generations-key-art-Copy.jpg

All generations will be covered. How many episodes each get is debatable. 

Kyogre is also there, so chances are, next episode will feature it.

I'm pretty sure the Generations shorts are doing 3 per generation in order. We surely have more Hoenn to go yet. Today's episode was super good, btw. They're getting really good, especially after the Blue vs E4 one which I felt was pretty weak.

I'm personally looking forward to the Unova shorts.

On October 14, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Ernest-Panda said:

Why are Generations only using the male protagonists so far? I wanna see one of the girls get the spotlight for a change.

I'm guessing that since the next episode will most likely be team aqua focused the female protagonist MAY have a chance. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

I'm guessing that since the next episode will most likely be team aqua focused the female protagonist MAY have a chance. 

I see it. What you did there.

• Thumbs Up 4

UGH

I already love this I'm so excited over this art style wow

November needs to get over here quickly, I can't wait

• Thumbs Up 1

You can already see my happy comment on the video itself, but just to reiterate, this was a great trailer. Much better than the 3 before it. <3

Now I feel like I have a full idea of what's going on and how everyone is going to be. This is good. Still don't like the art style 100%, but I can ignore and adapt to it from this point on. Looking forward to the premiere now.

ef0.gif

ALOLA HAREM HYPE~!

• Thumbs Up 2

I've warmed up to the art style as well and personally like how Ash is much more expressive in this new series! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the premiere!

• Thumbs Up 2

So I saw the farewell Greninja episode 

Spoiler

This really doesn't make any sense at all. I understand that the Zygarde's need help to clean up Team Flare's damage and Greninja is the only one who can see the vines underground(somehow) but this seems like a better reason for Ash to also stay behind since ya know the transformation can't work without him. That's just me tho. 

• Thumbs Up 2