King Frosty

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

Oh my god, next week's episode.

you can tell that the Moon/Sun writers have a love for Anime in general, they either reference anime series or certain manga art styles and character designs,  

This is at least miles better than the last opening.

On that note: how would you rank the PUSA openings from best to worst?

BEST-Stand Tall (XY&Z)

-It’s Always You And Me (BW: Adventures in Unova)

-Pokemon Theme (XY)

-We Will Be Heroes (DP: Battle Dimensions)

-Stand Up (DP: Galactic Battles)

-Be a Hero (XY: Kalos Quest)

-Challenge of Life (SM: Ultra Legends)

-We Will Carry On (DP: Sinnoh League Victors)

-Black and White (Black and White)

-Under the Alola Sun (Sun and Moon)

-Rival Destinies (BW: Rival Destinies)

-Battle Frontier (Battle Frontier)

-Under the Alolan Moon (SM: Ultra Adventures)

WORST-Diamond and Pearl (Diamond and Pearl)

Here’s a preview for next week’s episode. A couple interesting things to note:

1.) Pheromosa apparently has a thing for Z-Crystals (also, watching her blush is very cute).

2.) JESUS CHRIST ON A MOTORCYCLE BEWEAR CALM DOWN

The Sun/Moon anime really has gone crazy in a good way as of late. Either the writers found their stride with this tone/animation style or just went crazy with it, because I remember finding a lot of eps in the first year of SM back in 2017 to be rather boring aside from a few standouts, but all the latest eps from around mid 2018 to later have been pretty good and fun. Battles are generally still lackluster in this series, but if you don't care for battles much the saga has some entertaining eps.

Kinda sad because this is the last year of SM and I'm sure the Gen 8 saga will drastically change the writing/art style/tone once again, so it's too bad SM didn't hit its stride earlier.

11 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Not entirely related to the anime (moreso Pokémon in general), but this woman is carrying a Buster Sword.

Is that an image of Pichu taped on a sword?

20 minutes ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

Is that an image of Pichu taped on a sword?

LOL now I need fanart of Cloud holding Pichu on the tip of his Buster Sword. Is that the same one from FFVII or a coincidental looking one made specifically for Pokenchi? If it’s the former, than I Hope Square was okay with that.

So the latest revealed episode is about Ash and Torracat going back in time and meeting with a younger Kukui and his Litten. This is just a hunch on my part, buuuuuuuut I've got a sneaking suspicion that Torracat will end up evolving in that episode and possibly becoming the inspiration for the Masked Royal in a weird timey wimey sort of way. Again, just a hunch, but considering Lana just got Primarina, I think the timing's right.

Her voice in the English dub especially. Michele Knotz makes her sound way more energetic and shrill than Rachel Lillis did.

Her personality has been lobotomised from her original tomboyish self to being your typical cute happy anime girl who very rarely displays the anger and hot-headedness of her original counterpart.

Her fear of bug-types now also seems to cover every single one of them, since she hid in fear from a flock of Butterfree and Cutiefly. Butterfree has consistently been shown in the past to be one of the few bug-types she’s okay with because it’s one of the “cuter” ones, and I find it incredibly difficult to buy that she wouldn’t have felt the same about Cutiefly.

I can understand that reasoning. There were signs of that hot-headedness, but it rarely hit even the average of what you'd expect from the OG series. Even in Johto.

I'd have to watch again for that bug scene, as I can't remember if it was just a field of the cuter bugs.

Roughly two months of league action leaves about three months [12-14 episodes] of post-league adventures. I think that sounds about right for one last arc and goodbyes, perhaps taking place in Kanto so they can see how successful the first Alola League was. And we can get one last time with Misty and Brock before they both get forgot about for another ten years.