King Frosty

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

Oh, certainly. I don't expect them to get very far, but I could imagine them getting the bug to enter into a proper league by entering and seeing them try to tackle the first gym in Galar then giving up.

Some trainer has a Corviknight during the league, and Lana's Eevee somehow evolves into the gen8 eeveelution. Perhaps some way of leading into Ash's journey to Galar after the league.

On 6/9/2019 at 12:09 AM, precita said:

Rotomdex will be the new Brock, the character who overstays their welcome and everyone gets sick of.

Except lots of people, like me, actually enjoyed Brock as he stayed. And as for my feelings on RotomDex, well; he's okay.

Anyways, can't wait for Ash to not remember the Island of the Giant Pokémon when he sees Dynamaxing for the first time.

29 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Except lots of people, like me, actually enjoyed Brock as he stayed. And as for my feelings on RotomDex, well; he's okay.

Anyways, can't wait for Ash to not remember the Island of the Giant Pokémon when he sees Dynamaxing for the first time.

...why would he? He’s encountered giant Pokemon on many other occasions, you know.

15 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

...why would he? He’s encountered giant Pokemon on many other occasions, you know.

See, 'xactly. Unless one of the writers actually remembers that episode (yeah right!).

By the way, did I mention that I used to want the Pokémon anime to crossover with Spongebob when I was a little boy?

I like how the Alola League is starting up and no one really is all that excited. I like to thing after Kalos everyone is just totally burned from anime Leagues xD

1 hour ago, Soniman said:

I like how the Alola League is starting up and no one really is all that excited. I like to thing after Kalos everyone is just totally burned from anime Leagues xD

Even ignoring that, the series has had so little focus on battling that the league just feels tacked on because its something the games did. Ash doesn't even have a full team and all of his Pokemon aren't evolved lol.

16 hours ago, Soniman said:

Honestly the only true exciting leagues was Kanto and Jotho, even trough in some parts it made no sense, the battle between Ash and Richie was pretty emotional and the battle between Garry and Ash was a nice development between the two, After that it became kind of  typical ''oh he isnt going to win anyway, '' and here have the supportive cast explaining to the audience why Ash is currently losing or winning'' 

a pretty hilarious reference I missed  myself is that the anime apparently referenced the American-jelly-filled-donut-not-rice-balls English dub thing and that's hilarious   

5 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

A you sure they weren’t just referencing literal jelly-filled donuts?

Consider the s/m anime team has put so many references into the anime I really believe this was a nod to the American dub, why even bring up that some donuts are a different shape or jelly filled? that would be a really odd sort of dialog  and very random so yes im sure.

Shame it's just for the next episode dialogue rather than in an actual episode, so we'll never get the satisfaction or disappointment of the line being in or out of the dub.

New trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back EVOLUTION, and it’s fucking weird (and super spoilerific)

Rita Ora is the same singer who did the Detective Pikachu ending theme. I have no idea what the context of this song being used here is (still a pretty good song though).