Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Yeah, kinda feel that the final match will come down to him and Ash with the latter giving him one heck of a battle, but Guzma eventually coming out on top and having a bit of a change of heart about his whole situation thanks to said battle combined with being heralded as Alola's champion.

But, that kind of goes against what he's saying. I've only got fragments of what Guzma's been saying, but from what I understand, he's been saying he's the strongest and he doesn't need to take a stupid challenge to prove it. If he wins the league, that confirms he is the best,  but isn't the whole point of this being that he's arrogant in thinking that and needs taking down a peg or two? If he wins, it confirms his beliefs and he still stays the same as ever, possibly getting even more arrogant from that victory. Unless the remaining ten or so episodes are focused on resolving that, it kind of needs to be dealt with fully in the league.

It'd certainly be an interesting way to end the series, though.

2 hours ago, DarkRula said:

But, that kind of goes against what he's saying. I've only got fragments of what Guzma's been saying, but from what I understand, he's been saying he's the strongest and he doesn't need to take a stupid challenge to prove it. If he wins the league, that confirms he is the best,  but isn't the whole point of this being that he's arrogant in thinking that and needs taking down a peg or two? If he wins, it confirms his beliefs and he still stays the same as ever, possibly getting even more arrogant from that victory. Unless the remaining ten or so episodes are focused on resolving that, it kind of needs to be dealt with fully in the league.

It'd certainly be an interesting way to end the series, though.

He doesn't need to lose, he just needs to realize his ideals are wrong. If Ash convinces him, then him winning or losing makes no difference.

I guess it could make for an interesting match of words as well as the ongoing fight. As long as it's executed well, it shouldn't matter which way it happens.

Welp, the next episode titles spoil that Gladion is facing Kiawe in the Semi finals, which means Ash is facing Guzma there.

It also spoils that the finals will be Ash vs. Gladion basically.

Nah, Ash'll win the league, go home to Kanto, and never set foot in the Galar region. Instead, we'll get eight years with a Scottish lass doing a nature documentary starting in Galar and going through the regions in reverse, arriving in Kanto and meeting up with Ash, who has now aged up ten years and is Champion of Kanto, where he brags about winning every league in the world. This will lead to Scottish lass going to the new regions of generations nine and ten, then eventually the region of generation eleven.

Then we'll return to Ash for generation twelve for the dark and gritty reboot a certain section of the fans want.

LOL, that fake-out in the Rowlett/Decidueye battle. 😂

I was spoiled before but damn my soul would've left my body if he actually lost like that. I just feel bad for Hau though LOL he was so happy he won 

Short story about my childhood: I used to watch Pokémon Heroes a lot as a kid when my mom dropped my at the day care section of one of the gyms she went to for a class. While I was watching, I was imagining Spongebob and Patrick being involved in the movie’s events.

Serebii updated with new episode titles 

Ash and Gladion confirmed for the finals. 

I'm so tired guys, three years was not enough to get over Kalos. They can't do this to us again 

There's literally no outcome anyone will be satisfied with. If he wins, it's bad. If he loses, its bad.

I don't think people'd care as much if his losses were actually written well. When was the last time he lost in the league from his own mistakes and not a cop-out?

39 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

I don't think people'd care as much if his losses were actually written well. When was the last time he lost in the league from his own mistakes and not a cop-out?

Hoenn/Johto. Yeah, that long ago.

The only loses I do agree to being badly handled were the Indigo (lost because of bullshit rules), Sinnoh (lost to a trainer who should’ve been disqualified), and Unova leagues (lost to a trainer who’s even more incompetent then him).

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

I believe they're going for a pokemon Chronicles/Generations approach and focusing on different story arcs per episode. Which means the Anime isn't going to be solely about Ash anymore.

I have mixed feelings about this if it's replacing the series. I thought SM did a decent job at revitalizing the show and I was looking forward to what they'd do with the formula next.

That said I like the idea of an anthology that focuses on a lot of different places/characters so I'd absolutely enjoy that. It's kind of surprising if it's not a spin-off though--unless there happens to be a lot of Galar episodes. Like half the point of the show this whole time has been to advertise the new stuff, lol.

13 hours ago, Celestia said:

I have mixed feelings about this if it's replacing the series. I thought SM did a decent job at revitalizing the show and I was looking forward to what they'd do with the formula next.

That said I like the idea of an anthology that focuses on a lot of different places/characters so I'd absolutely enjoy that. It's kind of surprising if it's not a spin-off though--unless there happens to be a lot of Galar episodes. Like half the point of the show this whole time has been to advertise the new stuff, lol.

I agree I really liked how SM broke the mold in many aspects of the previous seasons but on the other hand..

Ash/Satoshi's popularity has really declined the last 5 years despite each studio trying to step it up or improve the character in their own, (with X/Y trying the more mature cooler Satoshi approach while S/M trying to bring back the old Satoshi from the 90's ) but both attempts seems to have failed as merch of the character has sold pretty terrible to the point the last 2 years they didnt even tried to use Ash in most of the promo's or merch anymore. And someone pointed out on Twitter that Nintendo has notice the increase in sales of merch of the regular game characters and growing interest in characters like Red,  Rosa, Kriss ect Heck Pokemon Center's newest promo merch was all about the trainer characters and gym leaders (I left Japan right in the last few days the new stuff came out but one of my friends manage to get few new buttons, and shirt) so they might be open to the possible of idea of focusing on new main character/characters. Which I am open too as well just as long as it isn't the characters of Lets go Pikachu/Evee.

That being said Nintendo still has the belief that the reason why people outside of Japan still watch Pokemon is because American and European children love Ash sooo not sure..

• Thumbs Up 1

Imagine if they based the new anime on the mobile game Pokemon masters instead of Sword & Shield? That would be unexpected and strange. Personally I think the anime should be handled like the Yu-gi-oh anime where every 3 or 4 years they come out with a new anime series with a whole new main cast in order to match the games always having new casts.

• Thumbs Up 1