Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

On 9/22/2019 at 5:13 PM, Perkilator said:

Y’all remember Guzzlord’s screaming from the anime?

Hide contents

It’s back now

You know what that reminds me of?

I thought that was a guy until i noticed the eyelashes. I like the design quite a bit either way. 

That Ash is probably my favorite one yet.

Oh man they look great

NGL, my hair stood up a little just looking at the new designs... I'm really happy Ash is sticking around! The new girl looks great too!

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

POKEMON airs Nov. 17th

Oh shit a leak!

But those designs are alright, looks like they mashed XY and the Power of Us artstyles to an extent. New girl looks cool!

Maybe the greater emphasis on the Pokémon League in Galar will see Ash sponsored and shipped to different regions for tournament play. If so, we might see former rivals challenge him again.

• Thumbs Up 4

I hope to god they don’t drop the ball with the region revisiting.

When Ash went back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier we all thought there’d be callbacks to the original series and perhaps returning old faces. What we got instead was a dull filler region that was Kanto in name only.

Please, OLM, don’t make that same mistake again.

Battle Frontier was good and was certainly not filler.

That being said if this ISN'T a reboot there's NO excuse not to have old faces returning in some capacity 

Random observation: could Ash’s Snorlax (or *a* Snorlax) be a big part of this series?

The massive Snorlax above Ash is noticeably way bigger than all the other Pokemon being represented in the background, implying it’ll be prominent.

That might be one of the most androgynous-looking characters we've ever had on the show, and with James around, that's saying something.

I kid, but I like Ash's design here. It's significantly less jarring than his Sun/Moon look.

On 9/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, Forgetful Panda said:

MSBE isn’t being distributed in the west by Fathom Events.

Have they even announced a dub for it yet? Maybe they're just dragging their feet in dubbing it and haven't got around to finding a distributor yet. There's way too little information to lean one way or the other.

34 minutes ago, Forgetful Panda said:

Random observation: could Ash’s Snorlax (or *a* Snorlax) be a big part of this series?

The massive Snorlax above Ash is noticeably way bigger than all the other Pokemon being represented in the background, implying it’ll be prominent.

I think that Snorelax is dynamax'd

Just now, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

I think that Snorelax is dynamax'd

It doesn’t have any indicators of being dynamax’d (no red tint).

4 hours ago, Pawn said:

Maybe the greater emphasis on the Pokémon League in Galar will see Ash sponsored and shipped to different regions for tournament play. If so, we might see former rivals challenge him again.

The Anime kind of has moved away from significantly referencing past events. Misty and Brock returning is kind of an outlier in that respect.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ash revisits old regions, nobody old returns. lol.

I don't see the writers going through the effort of bringing back old main characters and updating their designs. We *might* see misty/brock again in Kanto, even though it's overkill to see them again at this point. Possibly Dawn in Sinnoh due to all the merch she's getting in Japan lately. And maaaaybe Bonnie/Clemont when he goes back to Kalos.

Besides that I don't see the others appearing.

The new protagonist is a boy called Go, who’s dream is to catch every Pokemon and meet Mew.

He’s voiced by Deiki Yamashita, of My Hero Academia fame.

EDIT: MHA’s music composer is also joining

honestly super disappointed that's a boy, thought we were finally about to get a female companion who is on par with Ash not just a cheerleader girl who wants to do contests or something but actually catch pokemon, but no, of course not, heaven forbid a girl wants to catch pokemon and be a trainer.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, StratusAsterion said:

honestly super disappointed that's a boy, thought we were finally about to get a female companion who is on par with Ash not just a cheerleader girl who wants to do contests or something but actually catch pokemon, but no, of course not, heaven forbid a girl wants to catch pokemon and be a trainer.

*looks at misty*** 

I thought he was a girl too, hehe.

Anyway, MHA has really good music, so hearing that the music guy for that show's working on this is exciting!