Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

10 minutes ago, Mythical Panda said:

Hide contents

Ash leaves his Alola mons with Kukui.

Why tho?

cuz he'll be back soon and use them

That last episode was... It felt right with how it ended, and definitely brought this saga to a close on a high.

But that's just been the entirety of Sun and Moon. Full of character and some great story arcs, with hardly any lows. The league definitely surprised me with how long it lasted, but it was a blast - as I'd said before. I've enjoyed watching this saga, and hope that the next is just as good with its characterisation.

• Thumbs Up 1

A little something I’ve been working on:

The Kanto Region according to the anime

3-E144-B16-A13-C-4441-9077-F7-D357-E7-E5

1- Pallet Town

2- Binnes
3- Terracotta Town
4- Cremini Town
5- Viridian City
6- Gardenia Town
7- Mulberry City
8- Indigo Plateau
9- Fennel Valley
10- Pewter City
11- Sable City
12- Rota
13- Rifure Village
14- Cerulean City
15- Saffron City
16- Silver Town
17- Lavender Town
18- Celadon City
19- Hophophop Town
20- Gringey City
21- Commerce Town
22- Fuchsia City
23- Vermillion City
24- Matcha City
25- Sunny Town
26- Stone Town
27- Thorn Village
28- Dark City
29- Neon Town
30- O-Hina Town
31- Crimson City
32- Cinnabar Island
33- Metallica Island
34- Potpourri Island
35- Chrysanthemum Island
36- Squirtle Island
37- Mount Hideaway
38- Pokemopolis Ruins
39- Viridian Forest
40- Pokemon Theme Park
41- Mount Moon
42- Mirage Mansion
43- AJ’s Gym
44- Pokemon Tech
45- Bill’s Lighthouse
46- Safari Zone
47- Maiden’s Peak
48- Mount Tensei
49- Snowy Mountain
50- Pokemon League Certification Campus
51- Evolution Mountain
52- House of Imite
53- Mysterious Garden
54- James’ mansion
55- Grandpa Canyon
56- Leaf Forest
57- Seafoam Islands
58- Pokelantis Ruins
59- Hidden Village
60- Pokemon Ninja School
61- Former Team Rocket HQ
62- Team Rocket HQ

NON-VISIBLE
-Porta Vista
-New Island
-Santa Island

Going through youtube found a DP anime review, which is quite negative, Soniman/Noodlerama being the resident DP fan here might be triggered by this, but here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4sGi8yzEDw

He is a huge fan of the XY and SM anime, and he went back to watch DP having never seen it before after people recommended it to him. He said he absolutely hated it and gave up on it early on due to the bad animation, bad/bland main characters, he hated Paul, and he thinks it was unbearable.

It's kind of interesting to me because now that the animation did improve into XY and SM, DP does look kinda dated (then again it started in 2006/2007, so it's expected), but he said the characters made him angry.

Here's his twitter too, seems to be a notable anime youtuber.

https://twitter.com/Ember_Reviews

You can read some of the replies on his twitter/comments to, he goes into further detail outside the video.

7 hours ago, Mythical Panda said:

A little something I’ve been working on:

The Kanto Region according to the anime

C09-E3-C08-C24-B-47-EC-980-E-2-E848466-E

Hide contents

1- Pallet Town

2- Binnes
3- Terracotta Town
4- Cremini Town
5- Viridian City
6- Gardenia Town
7- Mulberry City
8- Indigo Plateau
9- Fennel Valley
10- Pewter City
11- Sable City
12- Rota
13- Rifure Village
14- Cerulean City
15- Saffron City
16- Silver Town
17- Lavender Town
18- Celadon City
19- Hophophop Town
20- Gringey City
21- Commerce Town
22- Fuchsia City
23- Vermillion City
24- Matcha City
25- Sunny Town
26- Stone Town
27- Thorn Village
28- Dark City
29- Neon Town
30- O-Hina Town
31- Crimson City
32- Cinnabar Island
33- Metallica Island
34- Potpourri Island
35- Chrysanthemum Island
36- Squirtle Island
37- Mount Hideaway
38- Pokemopolis Ruins
39- Viridian Forest
40- Pokemon Theme Park
41- Mount Moon
42- Mirage Mansion
43- AJ’s Gym
44- Pokemon Tech
45- Bill’s Lighthouse
46- Safari Zone
47- Maiden’s Peak
48- Mount Tensei
49- Snowy Mountain
50- Pokemon League Certification Campus
51- Evolution Mountain
52- House of Imite
53- Mysterious Garden
54- James’ mansion
55- Grandpa Canyon
56- Leaf Forest
57- Seafoam Islands
58- Pokelantis Ruins
59- Hidden Village
60- Pokemon Ninja School
61- Former Team Rocket HQ
62- Team Rocket HQ

NON-VISIBLE
-Porta Vista
-New Island
-Santa Island

IIRC Gringey City was a costal city, still a cool idea though!

4 hours ago, precita said:

Going through youtube found a DP anime review, which is quite negative, Soniman/Noodlerama being the resident DP fan here might be triggered by this, but here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4sGi8yzEDw

He is a huge fan of the XY and SM anime, and he went back to watch DP having never seen it before after people recommended it to him. He said he absolutely hated it and gave up on it early on due to the bad animation, bad/bland main characters, he hated Paul, and he thinks it was unbearable.

It's kind of interesting to me because now that the animation did improve into XY and SM, DP does look kinda dated (then again it started in 2006/2007, so it's expected), but he said the characters made him angry.

Here's his twitter too, seems to be a notable anime youtuber.

https://twitter.com/Ember_Reviews

You can read some of the replies on his twitter/comments to, he goes into further detail outside the video.

Why should I care about some random dude who only watched 6 episodes and calls the entire saga crap as a result (200 episode saga mind you)? That tells me hes not worth listening too and his opinons are meaningless yet he still felt the need to make this 30 minutes, pass.

12 minutes ago, Soniman said:

IIRC Gringey City was a costal city, still a cool idea though!

Cheers. Fixed it.

Seribii has found some special artworks for the new anime's episodes: 1,2,3,6,8, and 9.

EIv6qwpWkAICmV0?format=jpg&name=medium

EIv6qwoXUAA7UDv?format=jpg&name=medium

EIv6qwxXUAAGt-G?format=jpg&name=medium

EI1IU69XkAAuDnh?format=png&name=medium

EI1IU7IX0AA5B0m?format=jpg&name=medium

EI1IU69WwAEX_zp?format=jpg&name=medium

EI1IU7BWwAY-Pja?format=jpg&name=medium

Some of these remind me of the artstyle for Let's go Pikachu/ Let's go Eevee characters. Also Ive warmed up to Go's design now it's pretty nice!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

6 minutes ago, Mythical Panda said:

Oh wow, that’s a lot of promotion.

Is every episode gonna get one of these?

It would be pretty cool if that happens!

Tho they skipped eps 4,5, and 7 for the time being so idk

On 11/8/2019 at 2:38 PM, Whispering Ultima said:

It would be pretty cool if that happens!

Tho they skipped eps 4,5, and 7 for the time being so idk

Looking at the titles for 4 and 5, they might be holding them back because they're related to Sword and Shield.

EDIT: Some new footage has been uploaded (around 10:50) to YouTube:

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how Scorbunny is characterised so far:

c0CS2qP.jpg

Angry that its showing off goes unnoticed

QCaawCw.jpg

Sulking

Fj65NDP.jpg

Performing a classic bicycle kick instead of a standard high five, showing off its football/soccer-based inspiration

The anime usually helps in making me like a Pokemon that I’d previously never cared for. I liked Scorbunny to begin with, and this characterisation is making me warm to it even more.

I just wish we could hurry and see what Sobble and Grookey are like in anime form.

Here's the series preview on it's own.

I'm really looking forward to this! My only concern still is that we'll go to all the different regions and never see returning characters. Main characters from previous seasons are probably at least on the card, but I'd love to see gym leaders too. The premise is neat but it's kind of set up for some huge potential missed opportunities, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

It does look like the better parts of SM mixed in with the battles of the old series, and Ash's face/design is better, so it's the best of both worlds.

Go looks like a fun character, but I do think it's weird there's no traditional female companion this time. Considering each saga is 140+ episodes, I don't know how just Ash and 1 companion is going to remain interesting.  Having no female lead in a series that was actually expanding the roles for female companions lately is quite odd, especially given the number of young female kids/teens that watch pokemon. And SM had 3 main girls...to go from that to well...zero is odd. The Koharu girl is confirmed to be a minor character in the series, and Rica, Ash's Japanese VA said it's only a two person show this time.

The female companions are always the cause of the most controversy every gen, especially the most recent ones like Iris, Serena, etc for different reasons so maybe they just decided not to bother introducing a female character that's just going to wind up being half-hated by the fandom like usual. At this point I just wouldn't be surprised if we wind up stuck with Misty again deeper into the saga, it seems like she'll be the only main girl to ever get cameos at this point while all the others are generally forgotten.

16 hours ago, Celestia said:

Here's the series preview on it's own.

I'm really looking forward to this! My only concern still is that we'll go to all the different regions and never see returning characters. Main characters from previous seasons are probably at least on the card, but I'd love to see gym leaders too. The premise is neat but it's kind of set up for some huge potential missed opportunities, lol.

We went through the whole Kanto Battle Frontier and saw no sight of the other gyms. And they went to Saffron and Fushia city so no excuse

That was the prime reason that arc left such a bad taste in my mouth. Kanto may just as well have been some random filler region.

They could’ve put the Battle Frontier in the Sevii Islands, if they really had to do that loose FRLG promotion.

Also that saga began in 2005, so it was much closer to the prime of the franchise and the original series and Kanto than we are now, 20+ years later. It also only happened because the DP games were delayed a year from 2005, otherwise AG as a whole would have ended with the Hoenn league.

I also get the feeling the writers originally intended to bring Misty back to the cast after Hoenn ended, but then changed their minds and kept May and put the Contests in Kanto when they didn't even exist in the FR/LG games. Remember back then Misty had only been gone 3 years and was still making regular cameos and appearances in specials, it was rather obvious had May or the Contests not become as popular as they did, the original trio would have been reunited right after Hoenn, same way Brock was brought back after being replaced by Tracey. I don't know if Dawn would have still been introduced after though, so who knows.