Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

On 11/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Gigantamax Snorlax is making an appearance in the anime on December 15th:

EKY6gRmWoAgLevW?format=jpg&name=large

On 11/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, Blue Blood said:

Good God that's such a dumb design...

Honestly this might've worked for Torterra. 

On 11/30/2019 at 4:53 PM, Panda Claus said:

Ash and Go are going to the Hoenn Battle Frontier in episode 6.

For the love of god this better not be a retcon.

It cant be. Didn't we see his frontier symbols in his room in ep1. Unless they specifically want to say that he earned frontier symbols from Hoenn as as well.

2 hours ago, Tails spin said:

It cant be. Didn't we see his frontier symbols in his room in ep1. Unless they specifically want to say that he earned frontier symbols from Hoenn as as well.

Ideally, I’d like if they revealed that the Frontier Brains were all relocated to Hoenn.

But this is the same anime that just recently remodelled and/or relocated the Cerulean Gym with absolutely no in-universe acknowledgement, so I have very little faith in that happening.

• 1 month later...

Thought it worth mentioning that Lance is showing up in episode 12 in a battle against Leon.

...what’s your betting that they’re going to completely ignore the fact that Ash has met him before?

• 2 weeks later...

This certainly took long enough:

Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution's dub is coming first to Netflix on February 27th, Pokemon Day itself. Dan Green will be reprising Mewtwo all the way back from Returns, which is a casting touch I very much appreciate. 😊

• Thumbs Up 2

I think that should be 27/February, since it's Pokémon Day it releases.

Exclusivity to Netflix means I doubt we'll be seeing an event on CITV like what happened for both XY and Sun and Moon series. Ah, well, no adverts is a plus.

1 minute ago, DarkRula said:

I think that should be 27/February, since it's Pokémon Day it releases.

Amended. My excitement over Mewtwo made me too loopy to realize I'd actually put the wrong month. 😂

Was kind of hoping they'd get Mewtwo's original voice actor (who, contrary to rumors, is NOT dead) for nostalgia's sake, but Dan Green is every bit as good, if not better. In a world where Pokemon voices have been particularly average in recent years, Mewtwo sounds AWESOME as ever. My favorite Pokemon ever deserves nothing less than Dan Green.

Who was that voicing Mr. FuJi? He sounds exactly the same as he did in the original film.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Who was that voicing Mr. FuJi? He sounds exactly the same as he did in the original film.

I'd guess Billy Bob Thompson. (Voice of Greninja in its various stages, Squishy, Ash's Charmander and Charmeleon in I Choose You, and the Male Pokemon Trainer in Smash Ultimate among others.) His register is very similar to Jay Goede's from the original film, so he'd be a good sub.

• Thumbs Up 1

Turns out my guess was right on the money! Billy Bob Thompson confirmed on Twitter that he's Fuji and Blastoise in Evolution:

• Thumbs Up 2

D89-F9043-2810-47-E7-99-B3-6-C3-B207-E5-

• Pikachu’s totally gonna Dyna/Gigantimax.
  • They so want to make up for the Desert Resort being shafted because of the banned two-parter in Best Wishes.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Ash caught a Gengar.

Soon he will have a Pokémon used by every Kanto Elite 4.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like US dub premieres are moving to Netflix starting June 12, with new eps every quarter. Sakuragi will be called Professor Cerise and Go will be called Goh. (lol) 

Honestly really awesome news, as the anime is kinda the perfect binging show to me. Gonna have to finish Sun and Moon before then. (It'd be friggin' sweet if the June Direct hit that same week.)

• Thumbs Up 2