Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Please, please don't have obnoxious name speech. I'd love it if they took after the B&W2 trailers and just had the 'mons make animal sounds.

• Thumbs Up 6

So, it's a reboot of the anime series?

In any case, i will surely keep an eye on this: it's years since i said "this looks funny and good" to a Pokémon anime (i miss those days anyway; life was more simple).

Please, please don't have obnoxious name speech. I'd love it if they took after the B&W2 trailers and just had the 'mons make animal sounds.

I don't mind the name speech at all, but I'd be all for that. It was pretty cool in that trailer. Plus it'd be a little detail to make it distinct from Ash's anime.

I'm pretty excited for this. Hopefully we'll have more seasons/series starring the protags of the other regions as well. I'd really like to see Ethan, Brendan, and Lucas actually getting some spotlight for once.

• Thumbs Up 3

Another screen:

origins4_zpsde31f965.jpg

Probably due to the size and shape of the eyes, but I'm getting Digimon vibes from that.

Anyway, do we know which studio is handling this? Is it OLM, like the regular series, or another studio, like Toei, or Studio Perriot, ect?

I'm not fond of how Red's eyes aren't as big and sharp as his FR/LG art. He looks a bit too young tbh.

Wait, Red may actually evolve his starter! Hopefully he won't suddenly become an idiot either.

Edited by The Fourth Doctor

Wait, Red may actually evolve his starter! Hopefully he won't suddenly become an idiot either.

We're talking about somebody who is the highest level pokemon in the history of the games. I can already tell he's gonna be vastly superior to Ash in every way.

Inb4 it ends up being a reskin of the current anime or something.

Still, this is quite unexpected I have to say.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

I'm predicting their teams will be based on the games, although it'd be interesting if they came up with their own rosters for the most part. Colour me shocked if Red doesn't get a PIkachu at least, though. I mean, is there any incarnation of Red that doesn't have one?

I'll enjoy watching this, looks pretty sweet and its nice to have a fresh anime take on it.

Meanwhile ill also enjoy the original anime and be the only one not shitting on it because its not this.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wonder how they are going to deal with Brock (and to a lesser extent Misty), younger fans may think it's a spin-off and wonder why Brock is a gym leader again after leaving to become a Pokemon Doctor.

What was up with that anyway? I though he wanted to be a Breeder, I stopped watching after the voice actor switch.

It's gonna be neat seeing Oak's, Delia's, Misty's, and Brock's alternate universe counterparts. If Brock is not shirtless ala his RGB sprite imma rage.

I'll enjoy watching this looks lm pretty sweet. ..... Meanwhile ill also enjoy the original anime and be the only one not shutting on it because its not this.

Only two.

Can't wait until Team Flare shows up.

Edited by Joshua

The only thing I really liked that much about the Pokemon anime was the first season or two's run as well as Team Rocket in general. It sucks that TR most likely won't be in this (and good for them, they're the plot point of over half of the anime's episodes) but while Jessie, James, and Meowth are amazing characters, this is just too much good in one concept.

I am beyond ready for this. Hurry up, upcoming Wednesdays.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't wait until Team Flare shows up.

Watch them get few episodes while the Three Unfunny Fillers hog the limelight, they get horrendously generic evil plans and disband while the TUF get to keep their villain spotlight.

It happened with Magma/Aqua, it happened with Galactic, it happened with Plasma, it'll happen with Flare.

I had to rearrange my chin after seeing this news! That nostalgia! I know these guys existed first but it'll be kind of weird without Ash and Gary.

A new Pokemon anime without Ash and with new trainers? Sounds really neat if it is a new series and not just a one-time thing though will watch it regardless once it gets subbed.

Still hoping for a PMD anime series though or at least, a series that just stars Pokemon without any humans.

Edited by AdventChild

I'm very interested in this.

Basically Fire Red and Leaf Green the Anime. That's pretty great.

Wait, I haven't watched the Ash Anime for a long time and just saw that video few posts earlier. Is it coming to an end or what?

Nope, Ash is heading to France ( the name escapes me) 

He's heading to Kalos League where he will probably make it in the top 8 and his water starter still won't evolve.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's heading to Kalos League where he will probably make it in the top 8 and his water starter still won't evolve.

Ha, he won't even make it to the league this time!  

HOW'S THAT FOR INNOVATION?! 

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Thumbs Up 9

Why cant Ash go back to Diamond and Pearl levels? He actually knew how to raise and train Pokemon T_T.