Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

It's because they don't want Ash to win every battle, which he should be given how much knowledge he's attained but like I said, the anime is mainly merchandise driven.

Seeing as by Hoenn and Sinnoh he was practically a mentor when May and Dawn were starting out, that "competence resets every reigon" claim doesn't hold much water, let's not even get into how he was able to grow to a level where he defeated a Articuno, Regice, Darkrai, and a Latios in legit battle. And the Kanto one is funny especially since only in Kanto did he earn most of his badges out of non battling methods, which is something current Ash would never consider doing.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's because they don't want Ash to win every battle, which he should be given how much knowledge he's attained but like I said, the anime is mainly merchandise driven.

Yeah, that's probably the case. It really doesn't make any sense though, your entire goal (well, one of them anyway) in the games is to win the league, which is completely possible. Why can't the protagonist of the franchise's TV show do the same? Wouldn't Ash winning be inspiring for the kids watching, if anything?

Yeah, Charizard is often represented as Red's Starter or Main Pokemon aside from Pikachu, Blues/Green with Blastoise, and Leaf with Venasaur (kinda fits being the name Leaf and all)

Anyway, I'm so so so so much in all excitement for this new anime series, one without that failure Ash in it.

In some media forms yes. But I remember having the strategy guide for Pokémon Red and Blue. There are three trainers standing in a circle with Red having Bulbasaur, Green having Charmander and Blue having Squirtle. Which leads to them having those pokemon in the Adventures manga.

I just watched the eigth Pokemon movie and did they always say Pidgeot's name wrong? :-/ I don't think they did, but it was weird. They said Pidge-it instead of Pidgey-Ot (Like Not)..

Yeah they're never really consitent with the naming of Pidgeot, hell in the first movie they called Pidgeot a Pidgeotto

Well Pidgeotto and Pidgeot do look pretty damn similar aside from their size and head crest.

Its still a pretty bad inconsistency tho.

I saw on Youtube there's some inconsistency with Bonsly, too. One is Bons-lee and the other is Bons-lie. I'd say -lee is right..

I think it's Bons-lie because he's a bonsai tree, and he is sly. But yah before I saw him in Brawl (where he clearly says its name as Bons-lie) I too thought it was Bons-lee. ^^;;

Guess who's back:

VFYQZsW.jpg

Also, apparently Ash will give his Gible to Iris or something like that.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 4

Suppose it's to be expected that Brock would reappear before promptly all but disappearing off the face of the Earth like all those who came before him.

Whoo hoo Brocko is back!

On another note, is it alright to talk about the Pokemon movies on the Pokemon Anime thread? If not, then dismiss what I am about to say.

I really like the direction the Pokemon Movies have been taking as of late. The Keldeo movie became one of my favorites and I also liked the Zoroark movie. It was nice having a pokemon be the villain instead of a human. The best villain from the movies was Mewtwo in my opinion. He accomplished alot more than the other villains in the movie. He escaped from team rocket and gathered a pokemon army for crying out loud! The music for the movies is always really good as well. My favorite pokemon movie album was from the Lucario movie but I also enjoyed the Latias soundtrack too.

A cool fact about the pokemon movies is that each one is based off of a different place in the world. Like how the fifth movie was based on Italy, and the new Genesect one is going to be based in New York.

Edited by Neon The Hedgehog

Guess who's back:

Also, apparently Ash will give his Gible to Iris or something like that.

I am so happy that Brock comes back, im glad we seen him since im sure Dawn won't appear ever again, just like poor May and Misty before her. Can't wait for when Brock and Cilan start sharing cooking tips and such. Also why is Brock still in his Sinnoh "traveling" attire? Unless he joins Ash again or something, which I doubt.

Also Gible given to Iris? Im sorry but, fuck you writers. Gible is the Pokemon that has the potential to become Ash's greatest assest this side of Infernape and Charizard. He can become a psuedo legendary for fuck's sake and you're just giving it away to Iris just like that? Eat me.

I mean for fuck's sake Ash caught him near the end of Sinnoh and only used him for two league matches! Surley we can get more mileage out of him than that!

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's not like Gible got much play considering how late in Sinnoh he was caught.

But yea, just giving him to Iris is a massive "wtf" it's funny when you think about it, the supposed dragon master didn't catch a single dragon type, all of them we're given to her in some way. The only mon she caught legitimately was Emolga, an Electric/Flying type.

Nice job writers :P

• Thumbs Up 1

She didn't even catch Emolga legit either, she jumped in her Pokeball just for the chance to get more apples

• Thumbs Up 1

She didn't even catch Emolga legit either, she jumped in her Pokeball just for the chance to get more apples

Great Lesson for kids: Don't work hard to become a great trainer, just let the stuff be handed to you to be great!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not like Gible got much play considering how late in Sinnoh he was caught.

But yea, just giving him to Iris is a massive "wtf" it's funny when you think about it, the supposed dragon master didn't catch a single dragon type, all of them we're given to her in some way. The only mon she caught legitimately was Emolga, an Electric/Flying type.

Nice job writers tongue.png

My problem with the whole Dragon Master or Water Master thing is that its not clear what Misty and Iris have to do to acheive these goals. Whereas with Ash to become a pokemon master means going to the pokemon league and winning (which may never happen since the show wont ever end). Brock simply has to study to become a great breeder and Cilan has to pass a test to become an S class connoisseur. 

But trying to become a dragon or water master seems to just mean to be one of Ash's groupies. At least with Dawn and May they actually had steps to become Pokemon Contest masters.

There's no confirmation that it's Ash's Gible, though. People are also speculating that it's a wild one from Blackthorn.

But aren't they going back to Kanto though? So how could it be from Blacthorn which is all the way in Johto?

But aren't they going back to Kanto though? So how could it be from Blacthorn which is all the way in Johto?

Not if you're near the Pokemon League...although then again that IS a game map.

My problem with the whole Dragon Master or Water Master thing is that its not clear what Misty and Iris have to do to acheive these goals. Whereas with Ash to become a pokemon master means going to the pokemon league and winning (which may never happen since the show wont ever end). Brock simply has to study to become a great breeder and Cilan has to pass a test to become an S class connoisseur.

But trying to become a dragon or water master seems to just mean to be one of Ash's groupies. At least with Dawn and May they actually had steps to become Pokemon Contest masters.

Misty didn't even need to become a master, she's a fucking Gym leader

....Jesus, she sucks. Cilan caught more than she did.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ironic when you think about it, since Misty is probably the only character who is living her "dream".

• Thumbs Up 1

Ironic when you think about it, since Misty is probably the only character who is living her "dream".

But she never got in Ash's pants :V

.....what? We all know that's why she was traveling with him, she'd forgotten all about her bike by the end of Johto.