Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

brock what are you doing with a backpack goddammit don't you start traveling with ash again.

As for Misty and her goal, all the writers need to do is mention offhand that Misty curbstomped Wallace in a battle and BAM! her dream is realized.

They won't even do that.

Ironic when you think about it, since Misty is probably the only character who is living her "dream".

So she ran away from the Cerulean Gym to fulfill her dream....which is going back to being the leader of the Cerulean Gym? Ouroboros yo.

By the way that image of Brock and Cilan is from this trailer.

Iris and Cilan seem to be doing their own things on their own, so maybe Cilan is meeting with Brock without Ash after all. Iris seems to be at the Blackthorn Gym, and Ash would have no reason to go there, so it's a possibility.

Also, XY anime footage looks fantastic. Ash looks older too.

Freeza the video at 0:38 and you can see the friends of the XY protagonists outside the battlefield on the left.

Edited by Joshua

Yeah, the video shows Iris and Cilan off on their own, so it's not out of the question for Iris to catch a new Gible.

Whoa, is it me or is the animation for Pokemon XY a lot better than Best Wishes', which already a huge improvement in animation to begin with? Also, Ash does indeed look older..

Okay, im getting a bit hyped now.

Edited by Soniman

Ash suddenly becomes 18

And then the writers crush your dreams by having the narrator say that he's still 10 years old.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ninja Froakie.....so damn awesome.

But yeah, Ash better not give up his own Gible, that would be pretty stupid of him, but whatever.

And then the writers crush your dreams by having the narrator say that he's still 10 years old.

This would likely be the case since he never ages anyway, they should at least bunk his age to 13 or 15 or something.

But even then, he'd still wouldn't be interested in girls, lol.

I'd like to see Ash win a championship for once or atleast make it to the finals what's stopping them from doing it?

Writers would feel that if Ash won a League they couldn't have him be the protagonist anymore due to him "winning the League" being his driving goal for the last 5 regions.

Which I find dumb, since there's tons of ways they could continue Ash's journey if they really wanted to.

Writers would feel that if Ash won a League they couldn't have him be the protagonist anymore due to him "winning the League" being his driving goal for the last 5 regions.

Which I find dumb, since there's tons of ways they could continue Ash's journey if they really wanted to.

Not mention Ash won the Orange league and the Battle Frontier and I didn't see the writers pulling that bullshit excuse back then. Edited by Johnny Boy

Pft, it'd be extremely easy to justify. Ash loves Pokemon so much I could easily see him continuing his travels. He knows from experience that there's probably tons of Pokemon he hasn't met yet.

Edited by ElementofChaos

Or maybe after ten years Ash has only aged one year (gasp?!?!?blink.png ohmy.png blink.png ). How did that happen if its always summer time in the pokemon world no matter how many months pass? (It always being summer in ash's world was something I started noticing during black and white. When the deerling are mostly green in the show and movies, the color of summer).

I always found the pokemon characters ages a bit unbelievable. Im sorry but Ash looks like a teenager. He's too tall to be a ten year old.

This is a bit off topic but Serebii announced not long ago that the Pokemon X and Y album will be released around the world on iTunes. This will be the first time the music will be released in places as well as Japan, so I am mega excited. Serebii only posts information that is official, but I checked it out on my own just to be sure. After searching I found confirmation of the album on the official Japanese website.

Edited by Neon The Hedgehog

Ash does look older than he did in BW, but that's because he looked really young in that series. He's drawn the way he was in Hoenn and Sinnoh again, just with the new eye colour.

Ash does look older than he did in BW, but that's because he looked really young in that series. He's drawn the way he was in Hoenn and Sinnoh again, just with the new eye colour.

So Ash went to Unova before Johto.

Just watched the second episode of Pokemon Black and White: Adventures in Unova and Beyond and Ash & Co. get into Team Rocket's truck for sweets. Terrific.

Just watched the second episode of Pokemon Black and White: Adventures in Unova and Beyond and Ash & Co. get into Team Rocket's truck for sweets. Terrific.

Ash will never learn, especially falling for the most obvious traps.

I know that this is a kids cartoon but today episode ( Zoroark episode) Ash stupidly asking for Nurse Joy to come out then Audino then Nurse Joy again was stupid. Just asking to see both at the same would have been quicker. a good minute was wasted on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's only a handful of episodes left before BW ends.

"Emolga Joins Team Rocket?!?" comes out next Thursday on 9/5.

"Cilan VS The Ice Challenger! The Crisis at Striation Gym!!" is out the week after, on 9/12.

"Best Wishes! Until The Day We Meet Again!!" on 9/19.

And "My Dream, Pokemon Master!!" is on 9/26, and that's the one where Brock makes a return and Iris and Cilan are seen doing their own things.

With the Pokemon XY Saga out on the 17th of October, that's a three week gap between that last episode and the saga's start. So there might be an episode between those where Ash gets incentive to travel to Kalos.

Or maybe that gap is intentional so Pokemon: The Origin can go on without interference from the anime. That would make for a comfortable scheduling.

Yes the gap is for Origins, I thought that was obvious P;

I imagine any incentive Ash would have to go to Kalos would've come from traveling with Alexa.

Edited by TheFatPanda

Nice to know they still fall for this shit

Eh, it's a running gag so it's mainly just to get a laugh rather than be a introspective how brain dead the characters are for not catching onto this.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'd be a funnier gag if they lampshaded their tendency for this to happen, but everytime it happens they always act surprised as if its never happened before.

• Thumbs Up 1

Concerning the division of the fanbase over TR's characterization shift since BW, although I do enjoy antagonists that have a serious air to them, I would much rather have antagonists that, while comedic and incompetent in nature, do have backstories that get referenced every now and then and remind us that they have human flaws just like anyone else, than have serious antagonists that are nothing but that.

Keep your srs bsnz JJM if they have no depth to them. I'll take the "escaped from stuffy lifestyle and crazy fiance", bottle-cap collecting and caring Pokemon enthusiast James, the "vanity due to dead TR-executive mother and subsequent unintentional abandonment at a young age", goal-oriented Jessie, and the all-or-nothing big dreamer Meowth any day.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish there was a balance, personally. Have their more goofy personalities with their backstories and such because I really do love those dorks, but keep them as competent (at least in battle, if not overall) as they were in Unova, that's all.