Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Gameplay and story segregation? Like, having Mewtwo mega evolve like in the games would make no sense in the anime universe so I don't see the huge deal here.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is the same production company that said Kyurem could change into Black/White Kyurem at will without having to absorb/release any dragons because reasons.

And the same production company that said more than one Mewtwo can exist without anyone knowing of the original one beforehand because reasons.

EDIT: fak u soniman u pesky ninja :U

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Gameplay and story segregation? Like, having Mewtwo mega evolve like in the games would make no sense in the anime universe so I don't see the huge deal here.

How would that make no sense? For a Pokémon to Mega Evolve, it needs to have a strong connection with his trainer and be holding a Mega Stone so the trainer can activate the evolution with the Mega Ring.

It isn't really that hard to implement that stuff in the anime and it will most likely happen in the XY series.

I know that this was out before we knew about the Mega stuff, but knowing that GameFreak allows shit like this to happen its just weird. At least do the movie right and announce the stuff earlier.

Its not like there never was a Pokémon in the anime that evolved while holding an item or something.

Sad thing?

If they did implement the standard method of Mega Evolution into this, the movie would actually open up potential for a subplot or something that would make Mewtwo more trusting of humans and have Ash experience some (if ultimately meaningless) development as a trainer.

It's probably a pipe dream for me to wish that they are getting Dan Green back as Mewtwo for this isn't it?

It's probably a pipe dream for you to wish that they are getting any masculine voice actor as Mewtwo for this.

It's probably a pipe dream for me to wish that they are getting Dan Green back as Mewtwo for this isn't it?
Yes, 'cos they'll most likely stick to the Japanese female voice option.

After the death of his wife, I think he's still on hiatus from voice acting.

No, he's working again. He confirmed a while ago that he did some work on Pokémon as Galvantula in one of the island eps.

Wow, the movie is arriving in the states earlier than I thought. I'm also surprised that we're getting a sneak peak of the Pokemon XY series, first two episodes, this October as well.

No he isn't. He's voicing Zavok in Sonic Lost World.

Talking about the movie, how does Mewtwo mega evolve without a Mega Stone and a trainer to activate it?

Did they even thought about it? Why does GameFreak allow stuff like this to happen?

What I don't get is the fact that there's even another Mewtwo. Isn't Mewtwo meant to be, according to the anime at least, a genetically engineered Pokemon using the DNA of Mew? They could of created another one, but how would that be possible? And for what motive, knowing it couldn't be controlled last time? Team Rocket doesn't seem linked in the slightest. 

The Genesect movie and XY preview is showing in the UK on the same day as the States.

The dubbers doing things a lot faster is one thing, but the UK actually being this up to date with the US is another (protip: this is the country that is only just coming back from a hiatus that began smack bang in the middle of Episode N).

Edited by TheFatPanda

tumblr_inline_msyr94NJNh1qz4rgp.jpg

So apparently, Serena and Clemont (with his Sister) will be the ones who join Ash in his Kalos adventure, which if so will be the same amount of folks we had in AG......

Well for one it's interesting to have another trainer to join Ash again instead of two Gym Leaders, does this mean contest are coming back? Or are they both going to be going for Gym badges??? Hmmm.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 3

So apparently, Serena and Clemont (with his Sister) will be the ones who join Ash in his Kalos adventure, which if so will be the same amount of folks we had in AG......

Well for one it's interesting to have another trainer to join Ash again instead of two Gym Leaders, does this mean contest are coming back? Or are they both going to be going for Gym badges??? Hmmm.

In all honest I think that another trainer going for Gym badges would be really redundant. Unless they will showcase 16 different gyms with Ash doing the games gym and the other one doing anime gyms.

So apparently, Serena and Clemont will be the ones who join Ash in his Kalos adventure......

They really need to make her have the same objective as Ash, becoming the champion. This way they would have a friendly rivalry thing going on.

Seriously, I'm fucking tired of contests. 

Also, this way Ash could lose the league against someone who didn't just appear 3 episodes before the last one. 

Or finally win.

Well, there goes my hope for Ash to pioneer the concept of Mega Pokemon in the anime world. Not only are Mega Pokemon shown in full force already by that scan, but one of the two Pokemon is a species owned by Cameron, and the other is a species owned by May. sleep.png

Bit surprised that they decided to go with Serena though, since she's a customizable character. You'd think one of the XY character's friends would be first in line for the co-star spot, especially since they were shown in the first XY footage.

But hey, blonde protagonist at last. Two of them actually, with Clemont in tow as well.

Well, there goes my hope for Ash to pioneer the concept of Mega Pokemon in the anime world. Not only are Mega Pokemon shown in full force already by that scan, but one of the two Pokemon is a species owned by Cameron, and the other is a species owned by May. sleep.png

Bit surprised that they decided to go with Serena though, since she's a customizable character. You'd think one of the XY character's friends would be first in line for the co-star spot, especially since they were shown in the first XY footage.

But hey, blonde protagonist at last. Two of them actually, with Clemont in tow as well.

Silly Joshua, Ash will never debut something so important

How can you even tell? That pic is so pixilated I can't make out shit...

corocoro91313.jpg

It's them alright.

Glad they have a Female lead back, a shame Best wishes didn't had Hilda, but as bad as that series turned out, I'm glad she didn't appeared.

It is a possability that Pokemon Contest may return, shoot, a region based off of France? It's the PERFECT Region to have Pokemon Contest.

corocoro91313.jpg

It's them alright.

Glad they have a Female lead back, a shame Best wishes didn't had Hilda, but as bad as that series turned out, I'm glad she didn't appeared.

It is a possability that Pokemon Contest may return, shoot, a region based off of France? It's the PERFECT Region to have Pokemon Contest.

Fantina was French and loved contest so having contest back would be a welcome. And do my eyes deceive me or is that Wobbuffet next to Meowth. Please let Jessie's wobbuffet return.

They kinda fumbled around with contest in AG before going all the way and making them super good in DP, and with two traveling characters already being Coordinators (each one developing in different ways mind you) I don't think you can really do much with ANOTHER coordinator character. I like the early suggestion of Serena being a traveling companion/rival for Ash, always butting heads and always wanting to outdo the other.

Though for gym battles I suppose watching TWO battles every time they reach a gym can get a bit redundant.

They kinda fumbled around with contest in AG before going all the way and making them super good in DP, and with two traveling characters already being Coordinators (each one developing in different ways mind you) I don't think you can really do much with ANOTHER coordinator character. I like the early suggestion of Serena being a traveling companion/rival for Ash, always butting heads and always wanting to outdo the other.

Though for gym battles I suppose watching TWO battles every time they reach a gym can get a bit redundant.

I have thought about Ash going for game gyms and Serena going for Anime gyms. but then people might want Ash to go and win an anime gym