Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Or of course Serena may just be traveling with Ash just for fun and adventure.

I'm a little more interested what Clemont and his sister is going along through, I doubt it's about Pokemon Breeding or being a Conisuerr or whatever.

Let this sink in for a second - Clemont and Serena do not appear to be older than Ash. This might legitimately be the first time Ash has traveled in a group in a saga where he's the eldest in the company of travelers. 

plot-relevant age up plz plz plz

Also, all the beginning trainer hooplah can be thrust onto Serena this time around, or onto Clemont with the added pressure of being a potential Gym Leader.

Oh, and if Bonnie is coming too then that also makes this the first group with more than one female on board.

Edited by Joshua

Let this sink in for a second - Clemont and Serena do not appear to be older than Ash. This might legitimately be the first time Ash has traveled in a group in a saga where he's the eldest in the company of travelers. 

plot-relevant age up plz plz plz

Pfff, please. Watch he's still gonna be just 10 years old. They could at least bunk his age up to 11 or 13.

The Black and White Game Protag's are actually in their teens, even Gamefreak themselves noted that, they may do the same with the X+Y protags too, so Serena may be older than Ash.

TV-Tokyo press release detailing all the stuff we're getting over the next few weeks (end of BW, start of XY, Origins etc.) The important stuff: Origins will be an hour and a half long. And there will apparently be some more Pokemon-related shows to celebrate TV-Tokyo's 50th anniversary (meaning we'll probably never see any of it).

TV-Tokyo press release detailing all the stuff we're getting over the next few weeks (end of BW, start of XY, Origins etc.)

The important stuff: Origins will be an hour and a half long. And there will apparently be some more Pokemon-related shows to celebrate TV-Tokyo's 50th anniversary (meaning we'll probably never see any of it).

So

5 minute intro of world and main character

10 minutes of choosing starter

10 minutes with Brock

6 minutes of catching a pokemon

20 minutes of TR battling

5 minutes of safari zone

15 minutes of Giovanni battle

Where do the Gym Battles fit into that time table?

I was doing a guess estimate of time. But by the looks of things Brock is all the Gym Battles unless you want to count Giovanni as the boss/gym battle. I don't even thing anyone but Lance will represent the Elite Four. And I will also beat that battling Green is left as a cliff hanger

Silly Joshua, Ash will never debut something so important

Well, I think it was his Noctowl that introduced the concept of Shiny Pokemon in the anime, so there's that.

The next league could have a ridiculous amount of awesomeness if Ash brings back Charizard and any other of his older 'mons that have obtained mega evolutions. Pleeeeease.

Well, I think it was his Noctowl that introduced the concept of Shiny Pokemon in the anime, so there's that.

There was already the concept of altered colored pokemon like the pink butterfree and some pokemon in the orange island so not really.

None of those Pokemon were official shines though, so, yeah he kinda did.

Ok. I give. I looked more into it so your right. There's that.

The next league could have a ridiculous amount of awesomeness if Ash brings back Charizard and any other of his older 'mons that have obtained mega evolutions. Pleeeeease.

If there is one of Ash's Pokémon that will Mega Evolve, it will be Charizard.

To Mega Evolve a Pokémon, you need to share strong bonds with it or something, and if there is one Pokémon that went through a lot of shit with Ash outside of Pikachu, it is Charizard.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

If there is one of Ash's Pokémon that will Mega Evolve, it will be Charizard.

To Mega Evolve a Pokémon, you need share strong bonds with it or something, and if there is one Pokémon that went through a lot of shit with Ash outside of Pikachu, it is Charizard.

Which means Ash is going to Kalos with a Charizard....either those battles are going to be tough, or Charizard will get nerfed.

I dunno, none of the promos seem to indicate that Charizard is coming along, I don't doubt that he will be used at some point though.

Which means Ash is going to Kalos with a Charizard....either those battles are going to be tough, or Charizard will get nerfed.

hmm I highly doubt it. Will Charizard come back to Kalos yes. but not in the beginning. It would steal the thunder of the new pokemon. And I think its enough that Pikachu gets nerfed each new region

Edited by Dreamy Luigi

As mch as I'm hoping that it'll be the former, I just know that it'll almost certainly be the latter... sad.png

Watch as Ash gets a new Charizard and ambiguously forgets his old one because the writers thought it would be better if that happened

• Thumbs Up 2

Watch as Ash gets a new Charizard and ambiguously forgets his old one because the writers thought it would be better if that happened

I know you really have a grudge against the writers but come one, they're not THAT fucking dense, not to mention such a thing happening would make NO sense whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Neither did another Mewtwo existing when prior continuity established it was pretty much impossible for that to happen. Yet look at what happened next.

I honestly feel that M16 is a sign that if the writers wish to ignore continuity, they'll do so. I mean, if they could essentially replace a one of a kind character with a new guy who just happened to look like him and share a similar backstory with him, then what's stopping them from doing it to any other character?

For example, if Meowth gets a Mega Evolution or something, what's stopping them from axing Meowth and replacing him with a Meowth that's mostly the same save for minor differences? If Ash gets a Pidgeot at some point, what's stopping them from making it a brand new one instead of the one back in Kanto?

Besides that post was partly jokey :U

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Neither did another Mewtwo existing when prior continuity established it was pretty much impossible for that to happen. Yet look at what happened next.

I honestly feel that M16 is a sign that if the writers wish to ignore continuity, they'll do so. I mean, if they could essentially replace a one of a kind character with a new guy who just happened to look like him and share a similar backstory with him, then what's stopping them from doing it to any other character?

For example, if Meowth gets a Mega Evolution or something, what's stopping them from axing Meowth and replacing him with a Meowth that's mostly the same save for minor differences? If Ash gets a Pidgeot at some point, what's stopping them from making it a brand new one instead of the one back in Kanto?

You're comparing the existence of a movie character similar to a second movie character to the replacement of LONG STANDING ESTABLISHED AND POPULAR CHARACTERS, why would Meowth get replaced when there's no reason for it (even if there WAS Mega Evolution they wouldn't replace him) why would Ash get a Pokemon he's already owned on his team again if it's not the same individual (save for Tauros which is just a joke at this point), there is no point to it.

Creating a second Mewtwo was a fuck up ill admit, but acting like the writers will just beat all other continuity with a stick and make nonsensical changes to the established canon whenever the mood strikes them just makes no sense (you said that Ash would get a new Charizard, and yet we had an entire season with Ash and his old Charizard with his comeback episode being chock FULL of continuity references).

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorta but not really related to the current discussion: I bet Professor Sycamore is going to offer Ash one of the Kanto Starters, but he'll decline--for obvious reasons--so he instead gives two to Ash's travelling companions (I'm assuming Bonnie isn't a trainer yet) and the last one to whoever Ash's rival is.

Hey, here's a thought. What if the second Mewtwo was added to lead up to an encounter between both with the original Mewtwo gaining a Mewtwo X form?