Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Hey, here's a thought. What if the second Mewtwo was added to lead up to an encounter between both with the original Mewtwo gaining a Mewtwo X form?

Oh no please no. Lets stop that train before it gets out of control

Hey, here's a thought. What if the second Mewtwo was added to lead up to an encounter between both with the original Mewtwo gaining a Mewtwo X form?

At the end they marry and have little baby Mewtwos.

Edited by Tmsp

What if the scientists who created the M16 Mewtwo simply stumbled upon the details of the original Mewtwo project from the first movie and made the mistake of thinking they could try it themselves (because the account they came across either inexplicably left out the "Mewtwo went ape-shit and blew up the island" part, or that part simply wasn't recorded because, you know, everybody involved in the project got blown up so there was nobody left to jot it down).

Edited by TheFatPanda

If they knew about the old Mewtwo, then it all begs the question - why leave that part out? Bacause that's actually a vital piece of backstory that makes things make a lot more sense? As is, we're led to believe they had no knowledge of Mewtwo and just happened to pop a new one out that looked exactly like the original.

Sooo it's safe to assume that Ash does not age. Even though he looks older in the XY trailers, he DOES NOT FUCKING AGE.

Well, they didn't make her TO younger, so I guess it's fine since she looks pretty much the same anyway.

Also, here's hoping the little girl will be tons better than Max was, because good lord.

And wow I thought BW had pretty good animation before, but they seem to be really upping the ante with this.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

So they made Serena Younger eh?

I figured this would happen, no doubt they would've done the same with Hilda or Rosa if they appeared in Black & White/Best Wishes anime.

Oh yeah I agree, I hope Clemont's sister isn't as "BLEH" as Max is.

Sooo it's safe to assume that Ash does not age. Even though he looks older in the XY trailers, he DOES NOT FUCKING AGE.

Does that mean Ash is a vampire?!?!?!?!?!blink.png wacko.png blink.png wacko.png blink.png

Just kidding! To me a lot of the characters look older than they "actually" are. Long ago I watched the first episode of DP with my sister. And when Dawn said, "I'm ten years old" my sister shouted to the screen, "No your not! Your too young to be lying about your age dawn!". Safe to say I was cracking up.

In all seriousness I really like the direction the anime is taking with the new designs.  I think I will allow myself to have high hopes for X and Ysmile.png . Is Serena going to join ash on his journey along with the others?

I would think so, think of it as the Ruby/Sapphire gang with Serena filling the May role, Clemont, filling Brocks, and his sister filling Max's.

Theirs also the mysterious Trainer with the Mega Blaziken.

It's unknown if the rest of the Kalos rival kids (Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor) are appearing, I would hope so through. I want this series to have ALL the characters important to the game. What I liked about the Diamond and Pearl Anime is that they virtually had the majority of the cast from the game, including all members of the Elite 4, also that Team Galactic were very well done in it too, not to mention that I though Ash was at his prime here too and Paul, while indeed a dick, was the most well done rival. Black and White/Best Wishes however was just.....a total letdown from Diamond and Pearl.

I just hoping this series will redeem that Sinnoh adventures experience, and make me forget that freaking Unova anime ever happen.

I don't get what was so bad about Best Wishes, true I like Diamond and Pearl a lot more but on it's own I still think its a good series..

Yeah Ash's character took a fucking nosedive in terms of competence and skill, Trip was pretty awful as a rival, and the Unova League was probably the worst thing ever, but everything else what good to me. The rivals were fun and varied and they got decent exposure during those Club Battle arcs, Cilian on his own makes the series for me, he fills Brock's role well while having plenty of his own nice quirks to make him stand out. Of course there was Team Rocket's level in badass was a ungodly breath of fresh air and it was nice to se Team Rocket as a ORGANIZATION try to take over region rather than the three stooges bumbling about....

I dunno, I know BW has a lot of issues but overall I still think it's a solid series.

On that note, I'm wondering what Clemont is going to be like. Cilan was a bit different from his game counterpart (admittedly we don't learn much about him in B&W but he seemed a lot more...reserved(?) in the games), so I wonder how they'll handle Clemont. I tend to prefer the anime personalities for gym leaders and such to some extent, assuming they aren't basically the same.

It seems to me at least that BW was like Gen V overall - it started out by changing a few things and subverting the status quo (e.g. Serious Rocket, Ash not releasing any Pokémon while the games had a better and more involved story with Gym Leaders as characters rather than static bosses), but at some point or another they decided to say "PSYCHE LOL WE FOOLED YA WITH ALL THAT NEW STUFF DIDN'T WE" and then went straight back to the quo with open arms (making Rocket silly and unfunny again is the most prominent example, and B2/W2 went back to the Excuse Plot format).

Hey guys, guess who's back for the final episode of BW...

tumblr_mtainnH4bC1r8sc3ro1_400.jpg

Ash's little ambassador Bulbasaur is back! With any luck we may get appearances of Ash's other Pokemon as well (Gliscor, Infernape, and Sceptile please!).

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, guess who's back for the final episode of BW...

tumblr_mtainnH4bC1r8sc3ro1_400.jpg

Ash's littler ambassador Bulbasaur is back! With any luck we may get appearances of Ash's other Pokemon as well (Gliscor, Infernape, and Sceptile please!).

They're on a roll with the comebacks lately! If they bring back Ash's Pidgeot, I'll be really happy!

>Bulbasaur is back for an episode

>Episode takes place at Oak's lab

>Tomokazu Seki is not on the VA list for the episode.

Sooooooooooo why is Tracey not in the episode centered around the location where he lives? 

Pfff, please. Watch he's still gonna be just 10 years old. They could at least bunk his age up to 11 or 13.

The Black and White Game Protag's are actually in their teens, even Gamefreak themselves noted that, they may do the same with the X+Y protags too, so Serena may be older than Ash.

In the American dub, they did have him at the age 12. It wasn't until Best Wishes when they retarded him at age 12 in both physical age and mental age. I mean look at the development in Ash at Sinnoh, Johto, and Hoen. In Sinnoh, he was fucking using tactics that would actually apply to the games for fuck's sake.

Ho-hoh-hoooooooooooooooooooooly shit.

>Bonnie is traveling with Ash and Clemont because she wants to find Clemont a wife.

>Serena is childhood friends with Ash. I repeat, a girl from Pokemon's version of France is childhood friends with a boy who is from a region five Generations apart, who originally didn't have a clue that there were different Pokemon outside of Kanto.

>Serena says "It's just like that one time...alright, it's decided." And presumably decides to join Ash there. An Ash shipping might actually get some heavy pushes not seen since the Orange Island Pokeshipping episodes.

tumblr_mtdj7qSS4x1r2iinvo1_400.gif

>Dat animation.

xydesigns.png

Officer Jenny has a new hairstyle, while Giovanni would look like he's auditioning for The Godfather, if he had a bow tie instead of a regular tie.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oooh, I like the new Officer Jenny.

Through I wish could've changed up Nurse Joy a little bit more, like maybe have her hair out real long or braided buns, but whatever.

But the whole Serena knowing Ash as a kid thing, that's the biggest surprise of all, well she's gonna be an interesting traveling companion, and Clemont's sister trying to help him get a girl is freaking hilarious.

Looks like Ash's first Unova Pokemon may be Froakie, well aside from the usual Region bird Fletchling, we all know he's gonna get the region bird.

Upon second glance at the poster, given what we know from that new trailer:

xyposter.jpg

Serena's actually glancing towards Ash and blushing.

Looks like this is intentional. Gonna be a fun subplot.

Edited by Joshua

Upon second glance at the poster, given what we know from that new trailer:

xyposter.jpg

Serena's actually glancing towards Ash and blushing.

Looks like this is intentional. Gonna be a fun subplot.

*prepares popcorn for the inevitable shipping war outbreak*

This is gonna be an interesting series....

I gotta say, I like that angle of Serena being childhood friends with Ash, and I also like how Officer Jenny doesn't look like a man anymore.

Giovanni is back again? So can we expect some serious Team Rocket shenanigans again please?

Oh and Ash is getting Froakie? Can't wait for it to not evolve.

Edited by Soniman

>Serena is childhood friends with Ash. I repeat, a girl from Pokemon's version of France is childhood friends with a boy who is from a region five Generations apart, who originally didn't have a clue that there were different Pokemon outside of Kanto.

>Serena says "It's just like that one time...alright, it's decided." And presumably decides to join Ash there. An Ash shipping might actually get some heavy pushes not seen since the Orange Island Pokeshipping episodes.

Well in Movie 3 Ash's mom and Professor Oak know the Unown researcher in Johto. So it could be possible that Serena use to live in Kanto before she moved.

edit: by the looks of the video it seems that Ash now has broken the tradition of catching grass starters first, yeah he official broke it last season but it seems he now is getting water starters first.

Edited by Dreamy Luigi