Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Yeah, that's the one. I always get those two mixed up.

And idk, I thought the humor of the little cameo was exaggerated enough to call it a parody. :3

Yeah, that's the one. I always get those two mixed up.And idk, I thought the humor of the little cameo was exaggerated enough to call it a parody. :3

Exaggeration? What'chu talkin' about fool? That's exactly what the manga's like: over the top slapstick cartoon violence. :P Edited by TheFatPanda
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, that's the one. I always get those two mixed up.

And idk, I thought the humor of the little cameo was exaggerated enough to call it a parody. :3

o7UmF14.png

You think?

Edited by Tmsp

I kinda meant that I think somehow Ash is going to end up being oblivious to love directed AT HIM, but somehow still be able to notice it for other people...or something.

It tends to fluctuate...there was an early Black/White episode, which was basically a retread of the Butterfree mating episode but with Cottonee. Ash didn't think about anything other than "Wanting a best friend".....so yea.

That at least makes Ash more relatable to the target audience: little kids who have no concept of the birds and the bees.

Edited by TheFatPanda

That animation. I wonder if it's just for that episode or if it'll be like that for the whole series. If so, it's pretty amazing. Either some other studio is helping OLM out this time around or they're using more of their budget on the TV series now rather than the movies.

tumblr_mtecbnuPrn1qkmqj8o4_250.gif

"I'm gonna lose this league, IN STYLE."

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 4

Fine fine, faithful nod to Pokemon Pocket Monsters :V

That animation. I wonder if it's just for that episode or if it'll be like that for the whole series. If so, it's pretty amazing. Either some other studio is helping OLM out this time around or they're using more of their budget on the TV series now rather than the movies.

Since it's the first two episodes of the series, I would expect this premiere to have higher quality animation than a good chunk of the episodes following it.

The good thing is that animation is getting better each day, so the quality will not dip to the levels of some of the Johto episodes.

Considering BW had some damn fine animation quality throughout the entire series, im not to worried about animation quality dips here.

Considering BW had some damn fine animation quality throughout the entire series, im not to worried about animation quality dips here.

Well, as long as the animators put effort into it at least.

tumblr_mt0z1lFeGk1r994nzo1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, as long as the animators put effort into it at least.

tumblr_mt0z1lFeGk1r994nzo1_1280.png

Hahaha Cilan's face

Edited by Dreamy Luigi

I said they were good, I never said they where perfect, lol

Nothing excuses Cilan's head looking like a radish and Iris missing a mouth. :V

Anyway, Clemont is confirmed to have a Bunnelby. I'd be quick to claim that that proves he's not the Electric type Gym Leader, if Brock didn't break type himself the episode after his debut.

And, Wobbuffet is definitely back with Team Rocket. huzzaaaaaaaaaah?

Episode 804: We've Come to Kalos Region! Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Episode 805: Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!

Mega Evolutions are getting focused on right off the bat.

Edited by Joshua

I'm cool with Wobbuffet coming back. I really hope Jessie learns to use it correctly though, it'd probably be really useful to them.

Id rather Seviper come back, he's like the only cool Pokemon they have...

Also I guess they're not doing the BW thing of "NO OLD POKEMON ONLY GEN 5" for the majority of the series, which is good, im all for showing off the new mons but man did I start to miss the old ones after awhile (and Pikachu and Mewoth certainly wasn't enough).

*goes back 3 pages* 

I swear if Froakie does not become the next Charizard in Pokemon (fully evolved pokemon that ignores ash at first but then gains full respect for him and becomes his beater) I'm going to rage. Also if pikachu loses to a starter one more time (Looks at BW) Ugh.... Is it me or does ash look way more serious in the previews than he did in the majority of the series.

Dat animation man. And it looks like Team Rocket is gonna retain their Badassery from B&W (one of the few things that anime did right), plus I'm excited that Giovanni is back! Sucks that we never got to see Team Rocket vs Team Plasma.

So, I hear that Serena's goal is to be a Pokemon Master? I guess all of Ash's friends have had a dream of being a "master", just for more specific things (i.e. Misty wanting to be a water Pokemon master), but it's never been exactly the same.

I guess this technically makes them rivals. Hmm.

Also:

Kinda interesting they're jumping right into Mega Pokemon right off the bat.

Looks like that Garchomp is going crazy because of whatever that thing James(???) put on it's neck, I wonder what that's about. I have a feeling Ash is gonna need that Froakie, good thing he appears to have chosen it as his Kalos starter! Unless it's just randomly following him around :v

youtube's being a jerk so I missed I think the last 30~ seconds of the video, ugh. I probably missed something awesome, too.

sig.gif

A single eyecatch, and XY is already showing to have great character interactions. I'm gonna love this group.

Also, Ash acting aloof like that. Never seen that before.

Edited by Joshua

Oh of course Pikachu is going to be the only not-fully-evolved Pokemon to have a mega evolution, if only just to give the animators something new to animate where Pikachu is involved.

Is it me, or does the art look better here than in Orgins? the humans look really bad there, but here they look great. The Pokémon look fine in both. Maybe the animation is better in Origins, but I gotta say the actual series looks better =(

When does X&Y start in America?

Is it me, or does the art look better here than in Orgins? the humans look really bad there, but here they look great. The Pokémon look fine in both. Maybe the animation is better in Origins, but I gotta say the actual series looks better =(

When does X&Y start in America?

chUX3nK.jpg

In my opinion, the Pokémon look better in Origins, but the humans look like they came right out of K-On!

Also, if GF makes a Mega Evolution for Pikachu they can go fuck themselves.

It's already bad that Raichu is somewhat treated like shit. But nah, I can't see them being that stupid.

Edited by Tmsp

Origins looks like it's done to "try" and look "professional" to please fans of the old style, but it's just kind of trying too hard and the characters look disproportionate.