Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

We got a scan from the upcoming Pokemon XY Special: The Strongest Mega Evolution Act 1.

This may be another Origins type deal where it's a separate special and isnt connected to the main anime, that or it's a story of another character in the same universe

I don't know if this was already mentioned or not, but the special will air April 3rd in Japan and focus on Alan, his friend Manon, Siebold from the Elite 4 and other characters like Louis and Ayaka.

Apparently Alan wants to defeat every Mega Evolved Pokémon using his Mega Charizard X to be the strongest trainer.

ZEJkott.png

According to Serebii, The Strongest Mega Evolution is a side story to the main anime that happens in the same world since it was already confirmed that Ayaka will fight Ash in the upcoming movie.

ECNAxh3.jpg

I think that this situation gives us another reason to speculate that Ash will mega evolve Charizard into the Y version.

Of course this doesn't mean that he'll just have one mega stone, in fact he owns a Heracross and he should be getting a Lucario if the anime follows the game events.

Ash isn't going to get handed a Lucario, that I'm sure of, unless the anime adjusted it and gave him a Riolu to start with instead. Also him getting Charizard Y is practically inevitable, they probably won't give enough a fuck about his Heracross (since they never have) to hand him a mega evolution.

I would eventually like to see Ash and Alan get in a Charizard battle just for kicks though

If Ash were to obtain a Lucario, do you think they'd reference or pay tribute to that Lucario and the Mystery of Mew film? Wouldn't be the first time the show's intertwined directly with the anime anyway.

Well well well...this season is starting to get interesting. It seems the anime is almost closely following the game's events except that Ash gets to fight Diantha (isn't she a movie star or something, why does she want to battle against some nobody?) Well one things for sure, Diantha will bring her Mega Poke and Ash will get Mega screwed.

I at least hope we get to see Lysandre or Team Flare grunts soon.

Also, I hope the special is big enough to include Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Charizard Y. We're all pretty sure MegaZard Y is gonna be in but what of the other Mega form of Mewtwo? It'd be funny if we saw 2 Mewtwos Mega Evolve to X and Y respectively, or they could just go the Kyurem route and let a Mewtwo Mega evolve and switch to both of its forms at will. 

I'm just surprised that one of the main cast members of the special is using the Ace Trainer design. When was the last time a main character was based on an insignificant NPC design? Max?

I'm gonna laugh if Ash beats Diantha in this episode only to get knocked out of the pokemon league (again) later on.

I will laugh my ass off if Diantha loses.

I mean, she felt like the weakest Champion to battle in the games already, if they make her that weak in the anime, ho ho, might as well fill my room with Joker Toxin.

I will laugh my ass off if Diantha loses.

I mean, she felt like the weakest Champion to battle in the games already, if they make her that weak in the anime, ho ho, might as well fill my room with Joker Toxin.

I think that was partially down to the fact it's so much easier to level in X and Y than in all the other games.  Typically (talking from personal experience) one's team is lower level than the Elite 4's (usually late 40s to mid 50s).  However this was the first game where my team was probably higher level than the Elite 4's, making them (and Diantha) as a whole a lot easier. 

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently the 17th movie is getting dubbed early.

movielogo.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I5OKEh12Ek

• Thumbs Up 2

Did anybody else get a chance to see that The Strongest Mega Evolution special?

I was literally just looking it up, since it's only been released in Japan IIRC, I've only seen RAWs of it online, and strangely enough, one Spanish subtitled version.

I was literally just looking it up, since it's only been released in Japan IIRC, I've only seen RAWs of it online, and strangely enough, one Spanish subtitled version.

I never noticed there was a Spanish subs already. I'm just waiting for an English sub version to be uploaded.

I watched it raw on the day it aired. 

It was okay, but I wish they'd stop giving Mega Charizard X such preferential treatment (I prefer the Y design :P). 

I did notice they had a new remix of the V (Volt), 'MegaV (Megavolt)' used in the credits. I'll be keeping an eye on iTunes for that.

I watched it raw on the day it aired. 

It was okay, but I wish they'd stop giving Mega Charizard X such preferential treatment (I prefer the Y design tongue.png). 

Well Chari X is at least something different compared to Chari Y.

Yeah, admittedly Y doesn't look that different from vanilla Charizard.

But even so, we already got Charizard X in Origins. D:

Chari X is also Fire/Dragon instead of Fire/Flying.

I thought the special was pretty cool! ^_^ Seeing as this side-series is dealing with the Mega Stones and Mega Evolution. I can't wait to see more of it. I actually prefer Charizard X to Y, because Dragon/Fire.

So apparently the 17th movie is getting dubbed early.

movielogo.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I5OKEh12Ek

Already!? If the dub comes out before Japan gets the movie, I'm going to be very surprised. It would be a first for the movies.

I doubt very much the dub will release before the movie does in Japan, I'll be very surprised if it does.

That said, given The Pokémon Company's recent track record with the movies, I expect we'll get it shortly after, or around the same time as, it hits cinemas in Japan.

I think it's very obvious that they're saving Charizard Y for Ash, due to having an incredibly strong bond with his Charizard that has grown over the course of the series.

That's a good point. It also seems somewhat obvious that the characters from the Mega Evolution specials are going to meet Ash at some point, so yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

The XY series has its own postponed episode now. This week's episode, "The Castle on the Seabed! Skrelp & Dragalge!!", has been delayed, presumably due to the incident involving the sinking of a ship in South Korea last week where at least 85 people have died. Since the episode itself involves a sunken ship, it's understandable.

"The Cyllage Gym Match! Pikachu VS Tyrunt!!" will take the episode's place this week instead.

What is it with this show and having to "delay" episodes because of terrible things happening in the real world?

I mean, you can't exactly blame the real world events, it's understandable to shelve episodes for that (or at least wait a while)! But I swear I never hear about this sort of thing happening to any other show often enough that anyone goes "Oh dear, again?"

What is it with this show and having to "delay" episodes because of terrible things happening in the real world?

I mean, you can't exactly blame the real world events, it's understandable to shelve episodes for that (or at least wait a while)! But I swear I never hear about this sort of thing happening to any other show often enough that anyone goes "Oh dear, again?"

It must be the scars of the porygon episode that cause them to do this. I remember in johto the skipped an episode in the states where Brock got sick and the symptoms were similar to a major flu affecting the states

The XY series has its own postponed episode now.

Well, then I guess we can take the chances of ever seeing that episode now and throw it out the window. Remember when a BW episode got delayed? Yeah it didn't matter how important it was to the plot (according to someone I know), they still ended up canning it. I honestly wonder why they bother delaying episodes if they end up never showing them. Sure, the incidents in the episode could coincidentally happen in real life, but that doesn't give them a reason to can it as a whole. If I do recall correctly, in the states they ended up delaying an episode because Tentacruel destroyed 2 towers similar to the Twin Towers in New York, but it was eventually aired. Don't see why they can't do the same in Japan.