Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Silly Do0m, Water starters never evolve!

First time for everything ^^'

don't crush my dreams...

Oh God, don't remind me.

I had to sit through three years of Best Wishes and never getting Samurott from Ash. (Samurott is best starter. Fact)

If Best Wishes is the equivalent of Johto (where Ash got three starters and only one evolved once), then XY should be the equivalent of Hoenn, where Ash only got one starter and it fully evolved.

I'd much rather prefer Chesnaught (second best starter. Also fact.), but at least Greninja is second best Kalos starter. At least Clemont has Chespin instead of Miss NeverCatchesAnything.

Ahh yes indeed, but consider this! Unlike all those other times, Froakie is his only starter! So by that logic I say that increases his chances signifignatly (I can dream dammit)!

Froakie seems like the kind of pokémon that will evolve, he actually takes things seriously unlike Totodile and Oshawott. He's gonna be the new Sceptile.

Froakie seems like the kind of pokémon that will evolve, he actually takes things seriously unlike Totodile and Oshawott. He's gonna be the new Sceptile.

If by new Sceptile it means he's going to become a total badass capable of slaying a legendary Pokemon then im all for this. And as you said, him not being delegated to "comedic relief" ceartainly helps his chances. I want Greninja so bad, he's my favorite Kalos mon T_T

Every playable Pokemon in Smash Bros. so far barring Ivysaur had contributed in some significant way in the anime above all other Pokemon. Lucario frequently gets arcs for itself, Jigglypuff was the second/third fiddle in the early anime days, Charizard is Ash's powerhouse, Pichu got spotlight in many specials, Mewtwo is Mewtwo, and Pikachu's the mascot.

If that trend continues, Greninja should get some significant purpose in the anime. And with Ash's Froakie being the only major one in the line around, it's looking good for Greninja.

Wow that remix was garbage.  Up pitched, sped up, drab techno garbage.  I quite like the first Japanese opening theme, but this mix is horrible.  

The pitch and speed have been done by whoever uploaded the video to YouTube, probably in a weak attempt to avoid copyright shit.

But yeah, even at normal speed and pitch, I'm pretty disappointed with the remix. I didn't hear it well enough in the first Mega Evolution special to tell, but after hearing it properly it just seems completely lacking in energy compared to the regular version, which had a lot more punch to it. :/

I have to wonder: if Trevor, Shauna, and Tierno are showing up, is it just for this Mega Evolution arc, or are they permanent?

I really hope they're permanent. I like recurring rivals.

They better evolve Ash's Froakie into Greninja! He's one the most popular Pokemon of Gen 6, he's a playable character in the new Smash Bros, he's flipping awesome and by God it would be a crime not to evolve him at all! >_>

• Thumbs Up 2

I still don't know why the flying fuck they never evolve Ash's water starters. That has seriously bugged the shit outta me for the last couple of years. Hope to Arceus that they evolve Froakie!

Personally I couldn't have been happier that Oshawott never evolved, but then I may be biased. >_>

Well, Oshawott is adorable. The less said about Piplup the better (though that was Dawn's Pokemon)...

I guess it's because his Squirtle and Totodile refused to evolve. It's anime logic; Pokemon can choose whether they want to evolve or not and sometimes they just don't wanna! Froakie doesn't seem like the type who wants to always stay the same though, so I hope he evolves, at least into Frogadier.

Oshawott was cute, but it had the voice of a chronic smoker in the dub.

Correction, chronic smoker Lisa Ortiz. XD

Fits well with tis trainer's voice then!

I dont actually hate Sarah's voice for Ash but she really sounded like a smoker back when she started out

A new episode title was announced:

Episode 838: The Forest Champion! Enter Hawlucha!!

I think it's fair to say that this episode is the one where Ash gets his Hawlucha.

Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet or interested but, the Mega Evolution special dub is airing May 31st at 8am on Cartoon Network.

I wonder if we'll see Hawlucha's signature move, Flying Press, in it's debut episode. It'll be awesome seeing Hawlucha regardless, especially after seeing it doing the Knee of Justice to that poor Ursaring.

I really hope we see Froakie eventually evolve to Greninja, as it'd be a waste of awesome potential. If it happens, maybe we'll see that Water Shuriken or Shadow Sneak? I don't mind Chespin not evolving, but I wouldn't mind if it stayed as Quilladin. It's be such a derp and a fatass, haha. And I hope Fennekin never evolves. Ever.

Also, when's that Fletchling evolution tho.

Soon bro soon....

The new opening and ending of the anime showed Flechinder , as well as Tierno, Shauna, and Trevor with the Kanto starters.

And yeah....still no signs of Fennekin evolving.....if that ever even happens.

Well since X&Y is more or less a spiritual successor to Ruby and Sapphire(doubly so since remakes for the latter are coming), let's see the parallels of Ash's team.

Pikachu(obviously lol)

The regional bird that notably tougher than others of its species(Tailow/Fletchling)

And the serious minded starter(Treecko/Froakie)

So...what would this make Hawlucha? Additionally, this also gives Froakie a higher chance of evolving.

Well since X&Y is more or less a spiritual successor to Ruby and Sapphire(doubly so since remakes for the latter are coming), let's see the parallels of Ash's team.

Pikachu(obviously lol)

The regional bird that notably tougher than others of its species(Tailow/Fletchling)

And the serious minded starter(Treecko/Froakie)

So...what would this make Hawlucha? Additionally, this also gives Froakie a higher chance of evolving.

Given Hawlucha's apparent love of fighting and picking fights and showing how tough it is, im gonna make a bet on it being a Corphish parellel

Corphish was also the comic relief...that'd be pretty amusing if Hawlucha was the same.

Corphish was also the comic relief...that'd be pretty amusing if Hawlucha was the same.

He was? I assumed that was Torkoal considering how rather weak it was and it's tendency to cry like a baby

They both were really, but Corphish was definitely pretty quirky himself. And ya know, was around long before Torkoal showed up.

Also, another Froakie/Treecko parallel; remember when that watermelon girl with the Grovyle who showed up and battled Ash's Treecko and the latter lost, but ended up learning an new move in the end? Now who showed up with an evolution of Froakie not that long ago and taught it a new move? :V :V :V

I just saw the Mega Evolution special dub a few hours ago and here are my impressions: 

First of all, Alan and Manon's names were changed to Alain and Marin. Second, the English voice actors were actually pretty spot on for the characters they played and it fits them just fine. I don't think I noticed any cuts or edits in the dub so I think the special retains all of its original footage so I commend them for that. Howver, a gripe I had with the dub was unnecessarily changing the music for the majority of the special. Not one scene had a silent moment and it was just music throughout. They even replaced the Elite Four battle theme for some generic music which annoyed me greatly. But overall, I thought the dub was pretty decent, but I still prefer the Japanese version more.