Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

I for one, would have loved to see Hilda be the first female rival for Ash who was actually competent instead of Bianca (the only person of the "original four" group of BW that was a recurring a character) who was a clown.

To be fair to Bianca, she was pretty competent, she did beat Trip and made it all of the way to the Unova League. She just lost that little shit-stain, Cameron.

To be fair to Bianca, she was pretty competent, she did beat Trip and made it all of the way to the Unova League. She just lost that little shit-stain, Cameron.

She was an okay battler, just had a ditzy personality I guess. Losing to Cameron is he worst insult any character could recieve though, yeah.

At least she didn't lose to Cameron in a six-on-five battle.

The fact that we did not get to see Hilda's glorious hot pants is a crime, fuck you Iris.

That's why they're using Shauna now.

At least she didn't lose to Cameron in a six-on-five battle.

That's why they're using Shauna now.

I could only hope once BW is remade that Hilda will finally make an appearance.  Man, that is a long time away from now.

While it is still unlikely as said, it would be nice for Brendan TO pop up.  Maybe as a travel partner with May?  Or maybe Max will pop up with her/he pops up on his own!  Max was always one of my favorite characters, despite not being a fan of his season.

No way is Max going to show up on his own. He's still too young to be on a journey on his lonesome. If he's the only one from the main cast to show up, he'll probably be with Professor Birch who is on an errand in Kalos to talk about Hoenn.

My hope for cameos however is that Ash goes to Hoenn for the XY series, and everyone from AG onward is also there, and a reunion episode occurs in Petalburg. Dawn is doing Hoenn Contests last we heard of her, May should surely be done with Johto by now, Cilan went to go do...things, in Hoenn, and Iris went Rayquaza-chasing to presumably the same region. Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie can show up too for some post-Kalos plot and have loads of interactions with the other 5 protagonists for a few episodes.

It could also open the gate for some much-needed development for Serena - she sees all these friends Ash has traveled with before, and how they've gone their separate ways in order to fulfill their dreams, and it forces her to examine her own ambitions and think about what would happen if something she would want to go for forces her to leave Ash for a time at the least, and she'll mull over it for the Hoenn journey. It gives her development, and it justifies bringing the other characters back for a bit.

Then once XY is over, Ash goes back to Kanto alone for an episode with the three waiting for his return in Kanto, Brock, Misty, and Tracey, before Gen VII begins, so the entire cast is covered.

Can I just say how awesome Korrina and her arc is so far? Seriously she's such an awesome and fun characters who's currentley getting a lot of good development, it's almost a shame she's a temporary character.

Kinda weird Korrina's getting so much development. If the writers knew they were going to give her so much focus, why not just have her on the main cast instead of Serena?

I think they're going to pull a Whitney/Norman hybrid here, and have Ash lose to Korrina the first time, then have him come back after a few episodes, probably after the summer camp arc, then have him win.

Oh, right, the summer camp arc.

856789937.jpg?1402718910

Hi Kalos crew! Shauna's Bulbasaur is making a heart with its vines, clearly we are going to have a love rivalry.

Oh, right, the summer camp arc.

856789937.jpg?1402718910

Hi Kalos crew! Shauna's Bulbasaur is making a heart with its vines, clearly we are going to have a love rivalry.

Reminder that May did the same thing with her Bulbasaur and that could just be her showing off rather then anything having to do with Ash

If she's a love rival then the writers can just fuck off.

Far better than Serena :V Ash should go for her instead. AshXKorrina OTP.

You joke but the irony is that Korrina and Ash have had far more natural and less forced interactions then he's ever had with Serena so far. And Korrina can actually battle, which is probably why Ash gravitates towards her easier

You joke but the irony is that Korrina and Ash have had far more natural and less forced interactions then he's ever had with Serena so far. And Korrina can actually battle, which is probably why Ash gravitates towards her easier

I was half joking honestly, but yea. It's a damn shame too, because I really like Korrina and it's gonna be a shame when she leaves.

And I now see what Ash's true goal this season is....to gather a harem and take over Kalos.

Far better than Serena :V Ash should go for her instead. AshXKorrina OTP.

She's just a gold digger that wants Ash's friendship/bond methods.

That crying Ash scan up there turned out to be a Mirror Universe episode.

Would have preferred a Mirror Ash to be a malicious no-holds-barred trainer with no compassion, sorta like Goku -> Turles, but w/e.

Hopefully there will be a Mirror Serena. That way she can replace the old one.

• Thumbs Up 1

That crying Ash scan up there turned out to be a Mirror Universe episode.

Would have preferred a Mirror Ash to be a malicious no-holds-barred trainer with no compassion, sorta like Goku -> Turles, but w/e.

Hopefully there will be a Mirror Serena. That way she can replace the old one.

A rude bitch that hates Ash would be interesting.

A rude bitch that hates Ash would be interesting.

So an early Kanto Misty rather than a mild Dawn clone?

Man, Serena still can't be her own person.

• Thumbs Up 2

To those who are interested about the upcoming Pokemon movie. This information came from Serebii:

The TV Tokyo website has revealed that a new special episode is set to air. This episode is due to air on July 17th 2014 after the reairing of the latest movie, Genesectand the Legend Awakened. This episode is called Diancie, Princess of the Ore Country and features Diancie and her Carbink butlers on their journey to awaken Xerneas, before they meet Ash & co. in the movie

It appears to be a prologue episode to the movie, just like the Mewtwo one. 

BTW TV Tokyo, I'm still waiting for release date of Strongest Mega Evolution Act 2 to be announced.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hayashi Saori, the voice of Millefeui in the Pofflé contest episode, has retired from voice acting.

The only non-Ash person to have anything akin to meaningful interactions with Serena has no chance of showing up now. Shauna, Tierno, or Trevor need to step up to the plate, or there's no hope for her.

Is it bad that I like Serena.

IS IT BADDDDD

Also, you guys are watching the JP dub, right? I'm still watching the English version. XP

Hayashi Saori, the voice of Millefeui in the Pofflé contest episode, has retired from voice acting.The only non-Ash person to have anything akin to meaningful interactions with Serena has no chance of showing up now. Shauna, Tierno, or Trevor need to step up to the plate, or there's no hope for her.

So what's stopping them from getting another VA? Anyways I stopped watching this series months ago I think the last one I saw was the ryhorn races but I did see the mega evolution special. What have a missed?

Anyways I stopped watching this series months ago I think the last one I saw was the ryhorn races but I did see the mega evolution special. What have a missed?

I've been watching the anime here and there, but I don't think you've missed much.

-There was an interesting episode with Malamar, which might foreshadow an event to come.

-There was an episode that introduced the Battle Maison that featured a battle between Gym Leaders Grant and Viola, which was a coo battle.

-Serena might've made a new rival out of Millefeui, but we don't know if she's ever coming back at all.

-Ash got the second gym badge a few episodes ago.

-Ash got to battle the Champion. 

-Corrina is currently traveling with the group now (as a guest party member I'm afraid) to learn how to master Mega Evolution with her Lucario. Some say she might leave the group after the next episode though which is a shame. It was fun while it lasted. :(

That's all the stuff I found interesting that happened, but you can go see an episode list from Bulbapedia and choose what episode you might find interesting that I haven't mentioned.

I'm honestly wondering how the flying fuck Ash is ever going to get his third badge now.

He's battled Korrina twice already, and has his ass roundly kicked both times. Once she actually learns to fully control Mega Lucario, he's going to stand even less of a chance. D:

So what's stopping them from getting another VA?

VA roles are very respected in Japanese culture, and Millefeui doesn't have the same plot distinction that Giovanni does (He was given a new VA after his original's passing away) that necessitates a VA swap. If Millefeui was to be in one of the in-plan episodes in the next six months, she's either getting cut from the episode's content and the episode re-worked, or the episode will be postponed entirely.

Half the people who don't expect a May cameo in the inevitable ORAS-centric episodes do so because KAORI is suffering from a non-treatable vocal chords disease. If May can't come back due to VA troubles, Millefeui has no chance.

I'm honestly wondering how the flying fuck Ash is ever going to get his third badge now.

He's battled Korrina twice already, and has his ass roundly kicked both times. Once she actually learns to fully control Mega Lucario, he's going to stand even less of a chance. D:

Probably either deus ex machina, or Korrina gets fought out of order and is the last gym leader he faces.