Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

I'm willing to bet the former, given Pokémon. tongue.png

I believe Pokemon has been a lot less DEM heavy since OS then people give it credit for (instnaces like Thunder Armor and BW evolutions nonwithstanding) and actually do tend to rely on legitimate strategy and battling in it's Gyms. Chances are Korrina wont even use Mega Evolution because im not sure it's even allowed in legal battles.

I mean think about it, in this series Mega Evolution seems to be rather..underground and not widley known to the public eye, so I doubt it's official recognized by the League association or whatever. If Korrina DOES use Mega Evolution, they're going to have to work a hell of a lot to make the victory seem believable (hello Hawlucha)

Or they'll pull something to give her a handicap, like Ash using his whole team and her using just Lucario. 

If Pokemon are allowed to evolve regularly in the middle of official battles (i.e. Abra -> Kadabra in OS), Mega Evolution should get the same pass. Mega Evolution is essentially converting the bond between Pokemon and Trainer into a power-up transformation, so it would just be seen as a truly competent and caring trainer participating in the battle, rather than a shady and corrupt one who's resorting to cheating to win.

If Pokemon are allowed to evolve regularly in the middle of official battles (i.e. Abra -> Kadabra in OS), Mega Evolution should get the same pass. Mega Evolution is essentially converting the bond between Pokemon and Trainer into a power-up transformation, so it would just be seen as a truly competent and caring trainer participating in the battle, rather than a shady and corrupt one who's resorting to cheating to win.

But regular evolution gets a pass because it's not in the trainer's direct control, where as Mega Evolutoin can be done whenever the trainer wants it to happen.

I dont think Korrina would use Mega Luke depending on the badges the challenger has, but Ash might be a special case?

On that note, maybe it's the Digimon fan in me, but I am finding the Mega Evolution animations kind of underwhelming.

I was really hoping for some big, cheesy, Digimon/ Power-Ranger-esque transformations with an insert song. :P

I'm almost certain Korrina will use Mega Lucario against Ash, because the latter wants the challenge. And he'll win, because plot :P

In a stealth release, the first 23 episodes of Pokemon: The Series XY is available for purchase on iTunes.

Cool, TPC, now how about putting the other sagas on iTunes as well? :V

Huh, in the UK we only have the first 16 episodes so far. It's tempting, but I think I'll pass. £20 for 12 dub-only episodes is too much when you can buy DVD box sets of other anime for £15-30 that have 13-26 episodes on with both English and Japanese audio with subtitles. Also, Pokémon has far too many episodes to make buying an entire series financially viable, also considering it airs more or less weekly and endlessly means that you never get much of a chance to rewatch older episodes anyway. 

In terms of the Japanese airings, now that Korrina isn't travelling with Ash & Co. any more, I wonder if they'll change the opening again, or at least the animation. The current animation for MegaVolt has been so ridiculously specific to the last bunch of episodes that it wouldn't really match without Korrina as part of the group. Even if they just replace the parts that feature her, I am curious as to whether or not they'll change it again.

Yeah, I never thought of ever owning Pokemon for DVD, it's just not practical at all. Like really, every DVD comes with like 12 episodes? 12 episodes per DVD for a 800+ episode series? Yeah no thanks.

Hell, even if you just count a single region, they're frequently upwards of 120-150 episodes. Even that's pretty damn expensive to buy.

I have the Orange Islands Saga all in one pack, so episodes can be contained in 30+ episodes per pack. Just a matter of Viz Media going that route. They did mention on Facebook two months back that they're compiling the Johto episodes together, so who knows.

Maybe there can be character packs too. A collection of 15 episodes where one of the main characters was the star of the episode. That's an easy 85 episodes there.

In VA news, KAORI's back, partly.

KAORI, primarily known as a voice actor due to her iconic work as Haruka in the Pocket Monsters anime, recently posted a blog entry on the website of her band Spunky Strider.

The blog entry ends with a "special announcement for her fans" - she has been cast as the narrator of comedian Lou Oshiba new Youtube show "Oshiba ChanneLou", and posted a link to the show's promo video, featuring her narration. This marks her return to the world of voice acting after her retirement due to a case of spasmodic dysphonia. She says in the blog that she's not sure if this means she'll make a complete comeback as a voice artist or not, but that fans will at least be able to hear her voice on a regular basis for a while in Oshiba's show. She also promises more blog entries in the future.

So a Haruka appearance, however remote, is greater than before now.

tumblr_n8fns2GaAL1r8sc3ro1_500.jpg

This would probably be cute if not for the fact it was completley one sided. 

Give it up Serena, it aint happening.

tumblr_n8fns2GaAL1r8sc3ro1_500.jpg

This would probably be cute if not for the fact it was completley one sided. 

Give it up Serena, it aint happening.

Well, considering where Ash's right hand seems to be there, the situation may not be quite as hopeless as it may appear...

• Thumbs Up 4

He's clearly trying to get her Pokeballs man, nothing more.

Ash probably doesn't even know what booty is.

• Thumbs Up 3

I always figured Ash would consider Pikachu's happiness and well-being before getting with any girl. Pikachu is and always will be his top priority, so any girl that hopes to get with him also has to be well-liked by Pikachu, and caring for Pokemon in general. Serena doesn't have either of those traits yet. Hell, Fennekin is missing from this poster now, unlike the Valentine's Day poster.

And since Pikachu takes every opportunity it can get to get up and close with Misty whenever she shows up, well there ya go. :V

But the optimal solution would be to pull a Yugioh and present the main character ships, introduce rival ships for each one, then end the show with no confirmations, and let people form their own conclusions/kill each other in ship-to-ship combat in the aftermath.

So Ash caught the Hawlucha and he's every bit of a flashy dork as I epxpected, he'll make a fine additon to the team. In other news here's a trailer for more upcoming shit.

Basically more stuff with the rivals and the Korrina Gym battle, who has confirmed to be using a Mega Evolution. Seeing as how Ash has never defeated a REGULAR Lucario (tie-ing at best) I wonder how they're going to make him overcome this.

• Thumbs Up 1

So it occurred to me that the show will be out of synch with the upcoming movie because of Ash's Fletchinder.

Material for the movie includes a Fletchinder showing up, and the current opening implies it's Ash's Fletchling evolved. Except Fletchling hasn't evolved in the show yet, and now it won't get a chance to before the movie comes out, since next week will be the Diancie special.

So it occurred to me that the show will be out of synch with the upcoming movie because of Ash's Fletchinder.

Material for the movie includes a Fletchinder showing up, and the current opening implies it's Ash's Fletchling evolved. Except Fletchling hasn't evolved in the show yet, and now it won't get a chance to before the movie comes out, since next week will be the Diancie special.

Honestly it wouldn't be the first time it happened

So Ash caught the Hawlucha and he's every bit of a flashy dork as I epxpected, he'll make a fine additon to the team. In other news here's a trailer for more upcoming shit.

Basically more stuff with the rivals and the Korrina Gym battle, who has confirmed to be using a Mega Evolution. Seeing as how Ash has never defeated a REGULAR Lucario (tie-ing at best) I wonder how they're going to make him overcome this.

looks like Korrina is only using Mega Lucario, no other Pokemon, that's fair considering how damn powerful it is by itself, would be a unfair if Korrina used other Pokemon.

And I assume Ash will have the use of all his Pokemon like the battle against Roxie, good thing he just caught Hawlucha since it can really mess up Lucario, at least weaken it enough for Pikachu to finish the job.

I really hope that now that Ash has Hawlucha, he'll use Pikachu less often in the upcoming Gym battles.

I don't want another Johto, where he used Pikachu in every single Gym battle. It's so annoying.

Don't remind me of stupid Johto, problemly my least favorite Region in the show aside from Unova.

I don't know, theirs just something I find....terribly boring about the Johto series that I just don't like.like nothing really exciting happen in that region, even stupid Unova had it's surprisingly good moments.

With Johto, it was the filler that killed it.

Watching it as a kid, I remember just thinking to myself, week after week, after week, after week, after week, after effing week, "are they at [insert city here] yet...?" It probably would've been a whole lot better if the anime's creatives didn't ditch the conclusion if the GS Ball arc in favour of a movie that has no baring on the main show.

Sinnoh suffered from that a little bit too, but at least they had some interesting character arcs to make up for it, plus Dawn's contests helped to space things out a bit more. Plus they still used the main Dialga and Palkia plotline even though they where still using them in a whole trilogy of movies that, again, had no influence on the main show.

With Unova, it didn't help that they completely ignored the Team Plasma stuff until after Ash competed in the Unova League (which the unfortunate cancellation of that two-parter may have contributed to, though I still think it was dumb of them to not reinsert it anywhere even though they said they would).

• Thumbs Up 2

With Johto, it was the filler that killed it.

This right here. I remember it took them forever to get to Goldenrod City and for Ash to battle its Gym Leader. That was the point I started losing interest because it was mostly filters with the same plot routine.