Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

I'm irritated that Snivy and Oshawott haven't evolved yet. I'm really hoping that at least one of them evolves because I've never been a big fan of the anime's tendency to keep starters cute and tiny. 8[

• 1 month later...

Oh, HELLS YEAH!

As for Snivy and Oshowatt not evolving umm..

720px-BWS2series.png

You see Oshawott, but you don't see Snivy anywhere. It looks like bitch will evolve faster than Infernape.

Fucking Finally, it's been over 15 years and Ash and Giovanni are finally meeting.

Oh, HELLS YEAH!

As for Snivy and Oshowatt not evolving umm..

720px-BWS2series.png

You see Oshawott, but you don't see Snivy anywhere. It looks like bitch will evolve faster than Infernape.

Yeah, but that doesn't explain why there's a Samurott there.

Apparently, in a battle against Marlon, a Samurott is battling him. Not sure if it is Ash's (Let's be real. There is no way they are evolving that bastard in two episodes) or a wild one.

k5gAE.png

Also, this entire front row save for Pikachu needs to evolve once or twice. I mean really, Ash. You are competing in the Unova league in a few months. Win the damn thing and face the Elite Four.

Apparently, in a battle against Marlon, a Samurott is battling him. Not sure if it is Ash's (Let's be real. There is no way they are evolving that bastard in two episodes) or a wild one.

k5gAE.png

Also, this entire front row save for Pikachu needs to evolve once or twice. I mean really, Ash. You are competing in the Unova league in a few months. Win the damn thing and face the Elite Four.

Well, spoiler time:

Ash will lose this tournament against Iris, then she will lose against Trip.

Edited by Tmsp

k5gAE.png

Why not, Charizard evolved two episodes after becoming Charmeleon. At this point, I've given up on Ash actually evolving his Pokemon, the producers almost never evolve the "cute" mons, particularly the starters, why do you think the others never evolved. It's especially bad because none of his Water starters have ever evolved, and fucking Dewott and Samurott are complete Badasses.

Ash and Giovanni are finally gonna meet?! But I'm still mad that Oshawott hasn't evolved. Ash needs a fully evolved water starter already. And if he loses the pokemon league for the fifth time in a row I'm gonna rage. AND WHERE'S TEAM PLASMA ?!!!

According to Serebii it says:

さらば!?ロケット団

Farewell Team Rocket

Oh man. I think Team Rocket is gonna die.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

This reeks of "Like they would really do it" Team Rocket are not only the most popular characters, but this show hardly changes the Status Quo, if they did do that then it would probably lead to Jumping the Shark

I more expect them to quit the Team Rocket business and finally settle down like in the manga.

As someone who's been watching the Japanese version as of late due to how really good it's been getting, I can wait for this! I knew something big was going to happen with Meloetta and Team Rocket due to how it's being built up, but boy does it look like it's going to be quiet an event!

I just wish Ash would capture Meloetta already. She's been following the group around and seems to like them anyway. Can't he capture a rare Pokemon just once?

It's still a massive change in Status Quo.

I just want Ash to win the league. They are seriously running out of excuses as to why he hasn't won one yet. He is able to compete with the Elite Four, but can't win one? Especially the Diamond and Peal saga where they had some random trainer coming from fucking nowhere with a Darkrai and a Latios. I mean really. Have him win one and have him get demolished by the Elite Four or at least putting up a fight.

Edited by turbojet

Since Boomerang is actually marathoning the entire series, I figured I may as talk my utter distaste for Season 9(Battle Frontier), those voice changes seriously turned me off.

The very fact Seasons 10-13 incorporated an ongoing plot for Ash beyond "collect badges, enter League", a plot for Dawn that included realistic ups and downs, a threatening villain in the form of J, and even had substantial character development for multiple Pokemon make them much better than any of the other seasons in many forms.

The very fact Seasons 10-13 incorporated an ongoing plot for Ash beyond "collect badges, enter League",

Which was?

a plot for Dawn that included realistic ups and downs

Which is basically a retread of the contest arc of the AG season.

a threatening villain in the form of J

Whom had very limited appearances, and was killed off rather unceremoniously.

and even had substantial character development for multiple Pokemon make them much better than any of the other seasons in many forms.

The only Pokemon that had significant character development this season was Chimchar, and arguably Gligar/Gliscor not much beyond that.

• Thumbs Up 1

And then Ash loses to the overpowered Grass Snake again.

God I hate Trip. I'd whipped out Charizard, Infernape, and motherfucking Sceptile ages ago just to put the fucker in his place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trip's better than Paul at least. Wait, has Ash actually beaten Trip at all? He's lost to Bianca and Cilan before, but I don't recall Ash ever beating him.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

Trip's better than Paul at least. Wait, has Ash actually beaten Trip at all? He's lost to Bianca and Cilan before, but I don't recall Ash ever beating him.

Paul has more credibility in beating Ash because Paul was not a rookie trainer, and he was deliberately supposed to be bad. The only reason why Trip ever beats Ash is Pikachu's inconsistency and the rest of his team being rookies. I literally cannot buy any antagonism or criticism he has levied at Ash when Ash literally starts with a new team save for Pikachu every adventure and gets deep in the tournaments with just this new team. If they are going to have Ash lose to a trainer, have it least be a trainer that is as well traveled as him or it just seems like Ash is letting the fucker get the best of him when we all know that he has stronger Pokemon on deck. And I mean really. Why are so many people looking down on a guy that has consistently ranked high in every league he has been in, won two of them and saved the world multiple times. You'd think people don't fucking use the internet or trainers don't gossip.

And no, Ash has never beaten Trip. He has tied with him though.

Well lets see where there are genuine cases where Ash 'saved' the world

Movie 1: Everyone was mind wiped

Movie 2: Actually a legit case of him saving the world, guess they kinda forgot

Movie 3: Wasn't world saving, but at least saved an area from being crystalized

Movie 4: Time travel

Movie 5: Latios and Latias where the heroes here.

Movie 6: Jirachi saved the world (not to mention it was in a pretty secluded area)

Movie 7: Deoxsys #2 saved the future city place.

Movie 8: All 's Phanaphy's doing

Movie 9: Again, somewhat legit case, though Lucario did most of the legwork.

That's all I recall from the movies up to that point.