Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Brave Bird was already seen countless times during the DP saga, speaking of which am i the only one here who prefers DP saga over OS?

Nope. My personal rankings for Season go like this.

Advanced Generation >/= Diamond and Pearl > Original Series > Best Wishes. And I dont know where to put XY at this time.

I personally like to split the OS into two for these sort of things: Kanto/Orange Islands and Johto.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to rank Johto behind Unova as well, with Kanto/Orange Islands rated slightly higher than them both.

Advance Gen and Sinnoh are kinda tied, both series were Ash pretty much at his most confident, through I kinda favor Sinnoh more cause Sinnoh didn't have Max.....I.....hated.....Max.

Plus Ash's Sinnoh Team was absolutely boss.

I liked Dawn's Contest's more too, through May had the more interesting rivals.

One thing that's bugged me for the UK broadcasts of the XY anime is that they seem to drastically darken the screen almost every time anything remotely bright, flashy or fast-moving is on the screen. I know screen-darkening was common in older episodes after the Porygon episode and there was a violent overreaction to try and prevent anything similar from happening again, but they seemed to have got over that. It doesn't even seem consistent with itself. Sometimes they'll almost blacken the screen because of Electro Ball, yet other times it gets by untouched.

Interestingly, I noticed that the iTunes versions don't have this (and none of the screen darkening is present in the Japanese episodes at all). Is it like this for the US airings, or is this something that CITV have done themselves?

One thing that's bugged me for the UK broadcasts of the XY anime is that they seem to drastically darken the screen almost every time anything remotely bright, flashy or fast-moving is on the screen. I know screen-darkening was common in older episodes after the Porygon episode and there was a violent overreaction to try and prevent anything similar from happening again, but they seemed to have got over that. It doesn't even seem consistent with itself. Sometimes they'll almost blacken the screen because of Electro Ball, yet other times it gets by untouched.

Interestingly, I noticed that the iTunes versions don't have this (and none of the screen darkening is present in the Japanese episodes at all). Is it like this for the US airings, or is this something that CITV have done themselves?

Sadly, from what I've seen, the same applies to the Italian broadcast. I really don't get it.

• 8 months later...

So has anybody been watching the latest episodes of Pokemon while the site was down?

I still can't believe how damn tall Braixen is, 

But whatever, it's still super kawaii, and it better not evolve into a Delphox.

I didn't watch the episode, but I did hear that the green-haired kid with the Treecko that was in the opening actually appeared in the episode battling Clemont. No doubt in my mind that he's definitely gonna be Ash's rival later on in the show.

Sorry for double post... I just saw the Act III episode:

Holy Mother of a Fuck! That was truly an awesome episode! The intensity of it just never stopped when the Primal Titans clashed and the emotional moments between the characters were really amazing, like Mairin getting really worried about Alain’s safety since he’s going to go fight the Primal Titans and knows he’s not strong enough to do that, especially with what happened in the near end of Act II, but is willing to risk his life to do so.

I definitely some of my “OH SHIT” moments here; the first one was when Steven’s Metagross joined the fray and getting to see Mega Metagross face down against Primal Kyogre. The second one was Alain’s Charizard got hit by Primal Groudon’s Precipice Blades and its tail flame was about to go! Like, that attack nearly killed Charizard and I was actually really worried there! The third being Alain getting knocked out from the blast and Mairin having to go and rescue him with her Chespin and Metagross giving cover.  And the fouth one being Mega Rayquaza showing up and wrecking both Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre's shit.

Seeing Steven getting more screen time and battling was also another huge plus in my book as well, definitely makes up for AG! Also, that moment at the near end when Alain and Manon hug… Oh my, I rarely ever say it but that I seriously thought that was really adorable and sweet to see, especially after the harsh battle they suffered through there. I really loved how Mairin got to help out Alain when he was out cold in the ice, seeing as she really cared about him really much. I bet deep down Alain felt the same too. Also, love the bit where Chespin and Metagross do a lil' brofist. :D

This was a fantastic episode and definitely my favorite episodes so far! It was well worth the wait for me. And I’m gonna go out and say it that this was infinitely better than the massive shit that was “Groudon vs. Kyogre” two parter back in AG. Fuck that garbage!

Also, it appears that there will be an Act IV, taking place back in Kalos.

EDIT: In all hindsight, i should've put this in spoiler when I first posted this :I

Edited by Omega Pipe

So more plot details for the Hoopa movie have been revealed and it looks like they really are going to bring back a whole bunch of Legendaries from different gens, including a Shiny Rayquaza!

...But no Ho Oh. HAAAA.

• Thumbs Up 1

...But no Ho Oh. HAAAA.

OH, COME THE FUCKING ON!

No, seriously, I may have lost interest in the series during the end of the Hoenn saga, but the fucking bird deserves his fucking movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

OH, COME THE FUCKING ON!

No, seriously, I may have lost interest in the series during the end of the Hoenn saga, but the fucking bird deserves his fucking movie.

I agree. Don't get why the anime keeps ignoring Ho Oh time and time again, even now when he should be there alongside Lugia.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree. Don't get why the anime keeps ignoring Ho Oh time and time again, even now when he should be there alongside Lugia.

Especially since, you know, he's the first legendary Ash ever saw.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_inline_nll6zoNq0P1siysd1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nll701bWKB1siysd1_500.png

And heeere we go.

Simple gag? Make or break? Sid X May 2.0? (omg XY is new AG)? Who knows.

Yep, been watching it weekly as usual.

Now we have Braixen. :D

Wait wat? Must be the subbed version. Because the Dubbed one just gave ash a slug like pokemon.

Yeah, I mean the Japanese version. That's about 9-10 episodes ahead of the dub.

tumblr_inline_nll6zoNq0P1siysd1_500.png

tumblr_inline_nll701bWKB1siysd1_500.png

And heeere we go.

Simple gag? Make or break? Sid X May 2.0? (omg XY is new AG)? Who knows.

Oh god. Amourshippers get ready to critisize Tierno.

The thing I find more amusing about Shouta (kid with the Treecko) is that he's voiced by the same lady who voices Pikachu.

...and as a result, sounds exacly like Chopper, Konohamaru and every other non-Pikachu character she's ever voiced. :P

I demand an episode where Shota gets lost with Pikachu, so it's nothing more than entire episode of Ikue Ohtani talking to herself.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's probably no secret but I will bet that Ho-oh will be saved for the series finally by which point everyone who was a fan and knew of Ash amd Ho-oh's connection will be no longer interested. Like me.