Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

poor Tierno

she doesn't love himmmmmmm ohhhhhh the paaaiiiinnnn

Oh yeah, I need to learn Japanese so I can watch the show raw. My laptop broke though. ;-; But yeah despite preferring the dub voices, I don't want to be left behind anymore lel

tumblr_inline_nll6zoNq0P1siysd1_500.pngtumblr_inline_nll701bWKB1siysd1_500.pngAnd heeere we go.Simple gag? Make or break? Sid X May 2.0? (omg XY is new AG)? Who knows.

Serena and Tierno..I LOVE it.

The ship name please! Much better combination than Ash and Serena. I hate when people says that Tierno is too fat to Serena..

poor Tierno

she doesn't love himmmmmmm ohhhhhh the paaaiiiinnnn

Oh yeah, I need to learn Japanese so I can watch the show raw. My laptop broke though. ;-; But yeah despite preferring the dub voices, I don't want to be left behind anymore lel

You could watch it subbed. Admittedly they're like a week or two behind the raws, but that's still a good chunk ahead of the dub.

Admittedly, Pokémon doesn't need a great deal of knowledge of Japanese to really understand what's going on, even without subtitles. Most of the words and phrases used are pretty simple, and it's not like they ever have particularly deep conversations. :lol:

Whilst I'm mostly fine with the Pokémon dub, I must admit I'm getting a bit sick of the way they're handling XY. They're replacing much more BGM than ever before, and most of the music they're adding in is bad. In addition to that, I find both Serena and Clemont's dub voices to be pretty irritating and unfitting (especially Clemont's), which is kind of a pain given they're major characters and get a lot of screentime.

It's really weird that music is still being replaced and stuff. Isn't it the Pokemon Company themselves doing the dub now? What's the point of not just keeping all the original music?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I agree on the music being changed, it's annoying. Though I disagree on Clemont's and Serena's voices, I think they're fine.

Anyway yeah, I could watch the subs too. I was doing that originally, but I got kind of tired of having to read everything that happened, lel.

If you compared Clemont and Serena's voices to their Japanese ones, they're just way off IMO. Clemont just sounds irritating and nasally, Serena sounds too old and not particularly cute.

Bonnie is okay, but I still prefer her Japanese voice. I'm fine with Ash's voice.

Also, some of the casting of lesser characters bugs me. I think Lisa Ortiz wasn't a good fit for Korrina at all...

I have compared them. I do really like Clemont's JP voice, however. He does Alibaba from Magi and Link from Hyrule Warriors! :D

But I still think Clemont's dub voice fits well. I dunno, it's weird, that just seems like a voice he'd have. Agreed on Korrina though, too high pitched IMO.

Oh wow, I didn't know Clemont did Link in Hyrule Warriors as well, damn. XDD

Admittedly, as I've said, my bigger issue with the dub is the BGM being messed around with so badly, rather than the voices.

Also Pikachu and Dedenne totally have awful dub voices, amirite? *shot* :P

I hate the music the changes so much, the Serena episode being ruined because of that is already a foregone conclusion

Oh wow, I didn't know Clemont did Link in Hyrule Warriors as well, damn. XDD

Admittedly, as I've said, my bigger issue with the dub is the BGM being messed around with so badly, rather than the voices.

Also Pikachu and Dedenne totally have awful dub voices, amirite? *shot* :P

The joke is that they have the same voices in both languages right.......right?

Pikachu's dub voice is awful my GOD

Yeah, when I heard Link he sounded very familiar, since I'd watched Magi around the time the trailers popped up. I looked up his VA and Clemont was there on the list as well. So coooooool.

And yeah, the Infernape VS. Electivire battle would've been really awesome if it kept Type: WILD in the English dub. I mean, there's already an English version of that song, for crying out loud. :V

It baffles me that TPCi even replaces music straight from the videogames they're based off of! Just...WHAT? Even 4Kids didn't do this, not always anyway.

I was serious before when I said Pikachu keeps his Japanese voice in the dub btw.

Well obviously, I WASN'T being serious. XP

So are there licensing issues or something with the music?

Well obviously, I WASN'T being serious. XP

So are there licensing issues or something with the music?

Unfortunately Pokemon just doesn't make as much money as the Tales series, licencing music just isn't possible!

• Thumbs Up 2

I really don't get what the freaking deal is with not being able to use the actual legit music instead of that made up 4Kids quality crap.....which oddly enough, 4Kids didn't bother screwing with themselfs.

I mean this is the music from the games themselves, what the hell gives!?

To this day I will never understand TCPI's reasoning of constantly replacing the Japanese OST with those bland dub music, because they feel awkward and don't match the tone of what's going on and also keep constantly playing in the background throughout an episode without a silent moment to breathe, it just ends up really ruin good scenes in episodes. :/

Just finished watching XY episode 65, and man Goodra is epic, the wait for Sligoo to evolve is finally over.

...I want Goomy back. ;___;

Seriously, I was expecting to like Goodra more than Sliggoo (Sliggoo's eyes creep me out), bug Goodra just looks (and sounds) really dopey. Also, his evolution felt really weird and forced, IMO. 

I still strongly suspect Goodra will leave in a few episodes though. Although he's not Goomy any more so it doesn't bother me as much. D:

You know, as much as I love the anime, I am really annoyed by today's episode.

Why? Because apparently Tierno is doing Gyms! Yay, Ash has a League rival, maybe.

But I'm super annoyed because his entire character trait is that he loves to dance. He's a performer basically. If Contests were here, he'd be perfect for them. But instead we have Pokemon Showcases, which are slightly watered down, but still good enough.

But oh no, they're girls only! Which means that out of the three XY "rivals", only Shauna can participate.

Ash's only female League rival of note was Bianca, who never once beat him in a battle and ended up losing to Cameron, of all people, at the League, so we never get a final battle between them.

But noooo…it’s gotta be Gyms for the guy characters, eh?

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds to me like it's a little bit sexist. But the Pokémon anime has been like that for quite a while so I'm not surprised. =P

I was talking with Soniman about this on tumblr.

Some changes were inevitable for the game characters. The game renditions were horribly one-note. No depth at all.