Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Sounds to me like it's a little bit sexist. But the Pokémon anime has been like that for quite a while so I'm not surprised. =P

Sexist? The show where, many years ago, a writer (apparently?) admitted that the reason they change girls every season is to have a variety of eye-candy for the viewers?

Nonsense.

I'm honestly not sure. I remember hearing about it around the DP series.

I can't remember if this was debunked or not, but it would probably explain stuff.

Not that it wasn't incredibly obvious in a few areas.

Whatever do you mean.

tumblr_nlujn6rKNZ1r1alb2o1_400.jpg

Nothing fanservicey here.

Sexist? The show where, many years ago, a writer (apparently?) admitted that the reason they change girls every season is to have a variety of eye-candy for the viewers?

Nonsense.

PFFFF omg I never thought that could be the reason why but it all makes sense now. XD

jesus fucking christ

japan ya'll can eat a penis

They're not the progressive country.

I think its because the protagonists of the games are around that age and that's the demographic the series is aimed for. Its still pretty shitty and uncomfortable tho....

More people want to fuck Gardevoir than all of the pokegirls combined so there's really no point to using them as eyecandy

Don't think switching to the furry crowd is the way to go lol.

It'd be 10 million times better than pandering to, uh...the other crowd y'all are talking about :v

The worst part is that according to an old novelization made by the creator of the anime, age 10 is apparently the age of consent. Ash is a legal adult.

According to it, Ash is old enough to do taxes, of all things.

Also, Ash's mom apparently got pregnant with him at age 19. And Ash's dad is a deadbeat washed up failure of a Trainer.

This is Kanto stuff, though. The show was really different back then, so it doesn't really mean it's canon anymore. Or if it ever was.

Whatever do you mean.

tumblr_nlujn6rKNZ1r1alb2o1_400.jpg

Nothing fanservicey here.

Yeah, it's all clean and perfectly unskeevy-like...

Ahh yes, 10 year old D cups.

Well, if this is supposed to be D cups, then boy, my old neighborhood must've been full of mutants or something...

Pretty much yea, you can't tell much in that screenshot though.

.......This is the highlight of my week.... 

• Thumbs Up 2

Pfft, Pokémon has been pandering to the furry crowd for years now (my signature is also a good example of this :P):

LAE1WFi.png

Fazox1M.png

SZRUZwh.png

(I know these are from XY eps but shhh) :P