Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Man look how far Ash and Greninja have come it really does feel like a journey 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

Man look how far Ash and Greninja have come it really does feel like a journey 

Another reminder nagging at me to get back into watching this show.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Pokemon League arc has finally started and guess who's Ash's sixth Pokemon 

Spoiler

CmyiHwFVUAA1rRv.jpg

To nobody's surprise. You know Goodra has never lost a battle

If Ash loses(and he most likely will) I'm fucking calling shenanigans! No excuse this time.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't know much about this region's Pokemon. But I am guessing this is a great line up. Especially with A-Greninja.

4 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

So the Pokemon League arc has finally started and guess who's Ash's sixth Pokemon 

Hide contents

CmyiHwFVUAA1rRv.jpg

To nobody's surprise. You know Goodra has never lost a battle

If Ash loses(and he most likely will) I'm fucking calling shenanigans! No excuse this time.

His team has a pretty big weakness to Ice-Types though...

Are we just going to ignore the fact that A-Greninja just one shot that dragon pokemon that I forgot the name of?

22 hours ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

His team has a pretty big weakness to Ice-Types though...

And fairy types.

Ash might win actually the Kalos league, it will probably be a real close battle in the finals.

18 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

And fairy types.

I expect him to face a Gen 7 Fairy/Ice Type that can use Earthquake by a Mary Sue to ensure he doesn't win and thus reset him for Alola then.

• Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

I expect him to face a Gen 7 Fairy/Ice Type that can use Earthquake by a Mary Sue to ensure he doesn't win and thus reset him for Alola then.

This made me laugh harder than it should

It is hilarious by this point we don't think of the 'if' of Ash losing in the League, it's the 'how' and what cop-out, bullcrap way they will handle it this time around. I love it

It's funny because it's true. I think the only time he's had a clean lose was in Hoenn. 

Sinnoh, while it was the start of this trend, can be argued that it was exciting to see Sceptile take down Darkrai and I guess you can count pikachu knocking Latios and itself out.

If Ash ever (and I mean "EVER") wins any main league, I can imagine the fan-base's reaction.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

I know this is a joke, but I feel compelled to point out nontheless that Earthquake has been banned from the anime since 2005.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh good, they're finally getting to Zygarde. I guess they're using that to bridge between X/Y and Sun/Moon.

So the titles for upcoming episodes got revealed 

Spoiler

In The Anime Department

Pokémon XY & Z - Episode Titles

The Pokémon Fan magazine has revealed another set of new episode titles, this time for the thirty-seventh & thirty-eighth episodes of Pokémon XY & Z. These episodes are set to air on August 11th, 18th and 25th respectively and include the finals of the Kalos Pokémon League as well as the continuation of the Team Flare arc.
Episode 933: The Finals! Ash VS Alain!! 
Episode 934: Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!! 
Episode 935: Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!!

Source: http://www.serebii.net 

This mofo is finally in the finals holy crap

I very rarely pay any attention to the anime, but seeing this in the status updates I was struck by how much better a finale this sounds than was in the actual games.

And here are some screen shots 

Spoiler

CnYjHEQUkAYvBXv.jpg

CnY1hgeVIAEpA13.jpg

CnY8soSWEAALuGK.jpg

CnYhMMVUAAArpMa.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

So the titles for upcoming episodes got revealed 

Hide contents

In The Anime Department

Pokémon XY & Z - Episode Titles

The Pokémon Fan magazine has revealed another set of new episode titles, this time for the thirty-seventh & thirty-eighth episodes of Pokémon XY & Z. These episodes are set to air on August 11th, 18th and 25th respectively and include the finals of the Kalos Pokémon League as well as the continuation of the Team Flare arc.
Episode 933: The Finals! Ash VS Alain!! 
Episode 934: Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!! 
Episode 935: Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!!

Source: http://www.serebii.net 

This mofo is finally in the finals holy crap

Be still my heart. I'm definitely wanting to see the outcome.

I'm not holding my breath. They'll probably still find a way to screw the poor guy over

9 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not holding my breath. They'll probably still find a way to screw the poor guy over

Spoiler

Suddenly Darkrai, Latios, mewoth in boots, Blaziken, Lucario and Richie out of nowhere to throw him off balance

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

I dunno, I can only think of three situations that could happen from these episodes:

1) Ash actually wins, gets some kind of reward (e.g. a trophy) and then Team Flare make their move.

2) Alain wins (likely by a narrow margin) then Team Flare attack.

3) The trainers' battle is about to end, but Team Flare's attack prematurely ends the league. They then either determine a 'winner' after the sub-plot, or it's just ended.

No matter the outcome, though, chances are that Ash will still head to Alola afterwards (or at least encounter some Gen 7 Pokémon before leaving Kalos).