Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

23 minutes ago, TCB said:

Well the new games are looking to do away with the traditional Gym Leader formula so you may be in luck about that if it comes to pass.

Well, I feel the trial captains replace gyms.. or at least elite four, with kahunas replacing gyms possibly

ash.gif

Yooooo this really is going to be a long wait. Seriously tho I wish they didn't show that ending in any of the trailers. Something tells me that attack will A) Miss screwing them over B ) Hit Charizard but it wouldn't be the final blow. 

I know I'm getting a bit paranoid over nothing I just want to see this kid win a damn league for once.

• Thumbs Up 1

Between this and the other preview, we now have a vague idea of how this battle will play out:

Spoiler

1) Charizard defeats Pikachu

2) Alain switches Charizard out for Bisharp

3) Somehow, both Bisharp and Goodra are KO-ed

4) Final duel between Mega Charizard X and Ash-Greninja

Honestly, I think Ash has the best chance from a statistics point: We saw from the first preview that Charizard and Greninja will be the final two, so he doesn't have to worry about Bisharp one-shotting him with Guillotine. (But it looks like that's how Goodra's gonna go out) And, as I said earlier today, if Ash-Greninja can evade and overpower a Mega Sceptile, which is 4X resistant to Water, then he should have no problem taking down a comparatively-frail MCX.

As I marathoned the whole Kalos League, I noticed a huge difference between Alain and Ash that I think will be the deciding factor: The relationship between trainer and monster. Alain spent a vast majority of his time with Charizard, not giving his other Pokemon the training they needed (Heck, for the whole League up to this point, he didn't even use any of them besides Charizard and Metagross), whereas Ash treats his Pokemon much more equally and has brought all of them to their physical peaks.

35 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Speaking of here's a new preview 

This is looking like a real nail biter holy shit 

Imagine when the episode actually comes out, we're gonna be anxiety as fuck.

Guys we are forgetting something very important here.

Spoiler

Lysandre said last episode to begin the preparations while the battle was getting to the climax. It's getting more into my mind that the battle will be interrupted maybe even when Greninja is about to attack and the League will be cancelled. I'm 76% sure that will happen

19 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Imagine when the episode actually comes out, we're gonna be anxiety as fuck.

ive been anxious about this for a month, im gonna even watch it LIVE at 6AM im that ready

• Thumbs Up 8

It's been a long time coming, but we're finally here.

Tomorrow's the day and the episode will be out first thing in the morning.

You guys excited? Cause I know I am. <3

My alarm is set for 5:40 am, I had to wake up early for class today so I refuse to take any naps to make sure im good and tired so I can fall asleep easily, im ready

I won't be able to watch till the middle of the day, so I gotta avoid common places until I watch the RAW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been marathoning the past league arcs just to pass time and currently I'm up to the Hoenn league. Something that dawned to me a few days ago is that every league always introduces a new character just before or during to arc and that guy is the one who always beats Ash. Why do they do that? Was part is with the exception of Ritchie we never see those characters again.

10 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I've been marathoning the past league arcs just to pass time and currently I'm up to the Hoenn league. Something that dawned to me a few days ago is that every league always introduces a new character just before or during to arc and that guy is the one who always beats Ash. Why do they do that? Was part is with the exception of Ritchie we never see those characters again.

Well they've broken the mould in that regard (among a few other things in the XY series), so maybe this can only add more fuel to the expectation in Ash winning?  Alain's clearly one of, if not the most developed final rival Ash faces as well as possibly the earliest introduced in a series. 

17 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Well they've broken the mould in that regard (among a few other things in the XY series), so maybe this can only add more fuel to the expectation in Ash winning?  Alain's clearly one of, if not the most developed final rival Ash faces as well as possibly the earliest introduced in a series. 

Yeah it's one thing that I'm grateful of XY. Everybody who has been in the League has been established. As for Alain nah Paul was introduced at the end of the 2nd episode of DP

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

Yeah it's one thing that I'm grateful of XY. Everybody who has been in the League has been established. As for Alain nah Paul was introduced at the end of the 2nd episode of DP

Well I was kinda including Tobias in that little club, but you're still right I guess :P

It's obvious Ash isn't going to win. If he was, then the following episodes would be about him waking from his coma and coming to terms the years he's lost, not that Team Flare stuff.

...I'm not sorry.

• Thumbs Up 5

And the episode is over.

And Ash lost. Now the anime is focusing on team Flare form as new evil Zygarde 50%.

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Hide contents

He had a type advantage. HE HAD A TYPE ADVANTAGE.

technically no, zard x s part dragon

*sigh* I should've totally seen this coming, but this series was doing so many new things I guess I got reeled in just enough to consider Ash getting his just reward.  Not to mention it's the freaking 20th anniversary.  At least it was a reasonably clean loss I guess.  It pretty much proves the theory that there's likely an annoying mandate detailing Ash must lose, since I doubt any writer could stand doing this to him any more out of their own accord.  So much for huge progress.  I'm not even mad, just disappointed (again).

49 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Reveal hidden contents

He had a type advantage. HE HAD A TYPE ADVANTAGE.

Spoiler

This is the anime adaptation that had one of its very first episodes Pikachu defeating a Geodude with a Thundershock. Pointing type advantages/disadvantages at this point is ridicolous.

Reguardless, what a fucking joke. There's a reason even the japanese audience stopped watching this anime and took refuge in Yokai Watch.

Why am I not fucking surprised? God fucking damn it, this is easily the best Ash has been in years and the writers STILL find a way to screw him over. And the fact this is the 20th anniversary makes it even worse. Now I'm not even fucking interested in the team flare arc. Ugh.

Spoiler

I f***ing knew it. I'm at work so I haven't seen the episode but wow. I'll give  my full thoughts after I see it but da**

I don't even watch the anime, but a development like this is hard to ignore.

Spoiler

Are there any other children's battle-type anime in which the protagonist fails over and over again to fulfil their dreams like this?  It's kind of depressing at this point.  But what strikes me is that, from what I understand - like I said, I don't watch the anime, I'm just following the discussion on this one because it could've been a landmark event - Team Flare are about to unleash their diabolical plot, right?  Well... if the writers wanted Ash to not win, couldn't the battle simply have been interrupted by Team Flare springing their trap, like some people suggested?  Viewers would still have felt cheated, sure, but I don't see that it was necessary to build people's hopes up and then let them down again.  The only way it makes sense to me is if Ash is actually going to have a more fulfilling victory against Lysandre or Zygarde or something at the climax of the series.

It does seem, though, a sure thing now that they won't ever let Ash become champion until they're ready to retire the character as a protagonist.

• Thumbs Up 3