Awoo.

Pokemon Anime General Discussion

King Frosty

Ugh. Well, that was disappointing. It really seemed like he had a chance this time.

I hope during this Flare arc, he fights Alain again. It'd be nice for him to win against him once.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

Most kids shows: Follow your dreams they will come true

Pokemon anime: You have a dream? LOL quit while you're ahead cause you're going to lose not matter what

Seriously what is with this show and having their protagonist not win? Why are they so scared of Ash and others actually winning for a change? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Honesty after Serena lost the master class, we should have known that the "Your dreams will never come true" quota wasn't going away with this league.

18 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Hide contents

Ugh. Well, that was disappointing. It really seemed like he had a chance this time.

I hope during this Flare arc, he fights Alain again. It'd be nice for him to win against him once.

That'll be the only way the writers can redeem themselves at this point.

Alain seriously needs his ass whooped one good time. JUST ONCE.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

That explains so much. 

Now I get the feeling they did this just to troll us.

Edit: I honestly have no idea why my last post just duplicated like that.

But yeah that's just....da faq? 

Spoiler

Gkr542V.gif

Honestly, I would've taken the battle being interrupted over that bland anti-hero winning.

I'm seriously sick of Charizard being overglorified. Ash is the better trainer who treats all his Pokemon equally. Alain only cares about Charizard.

God, I want to go slay a dragon so bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

13932776_10210414051734504_9050677387158

Honestly, thank fuck he lost. Would have left a very bad taste in my mouth if Ash won in an incredibly dry league in a series with no build up and continuity.

I said last week that the only reason people came back to watch this League was so they can close a two-decade meme about Ash and Red. They didn't actually give a damn about the series proper. The meltdown today confirms it.

Never bet against me again.

Time to shoot for even greater heights in Alola now, Ash. Maybe this region will give insight on how arbitrary a title like "Pokemon League Champion" really is, and how there are other meaningful ways to become a "Pokemon Master".

11 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

That explains so much. 

They brought back old BW writers just for this in the whole series?  All I can hope now is that this doesn't become a recurring thing from here on out. 

Y'know, I really don't understand their strange, warped way of thinking.  If they made Ash win, the ratings would likely skyrocket.  Making him lose is only going to help in driving away more viewers that are left too frustrated to watch any more.  Do they really struggle in thinking up new ongoing plotlines in the event that Ash won?  Because I kinda doubt a show that a show this repetitive can last another 20 years without adapting to some degree.

There's literally only one way they can work around this

Spoiler

During the team flare arc Alain has become so misguided and power hungry he sides with Lysander and challenges Ash to a 1 on 1 match. Ash beats him and then he's declared champion. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Welp, this episode is already leading into a warzone. They could've made Ash win, but no. They wanted to keep Ash just to chase a never ending dream. I don't feel nearly as strong as the vitriol that you guys are feeling, but come the fuck on anime staff.

58 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

That explains so much. 

Why in the name of fuck would bring they that guy back for THIS? That just made things sting a lot worse.

I doubt the script directors have any input on how the plot goes. They are just told what the general plot is gonna be like, and it's their job to write out the text of the episode.

9 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

I doubt the script directors have any input on how the plot goes. They are just told what the general plot is gonna be like, and it's their job to write out the text of the episode.

But it still begs the question, why him of all writers?

• Thumbs Up 1

So still haven't watched the episode but I will say this

Spoiler

I stopped fully keeping up with the episodes near the beginning of BW but I would still keep tabs on the show every once in a while even going in and watching some episodes. I was fully invested in this league too but to know that it would end this way before the episode aired to now knowing he lost anyway is still jarring to me. Regardless knowing that would be the end result

Just now, Spin Attaxx said:

So, the next episode preview is up:

But that's not the most interesting thing. Just look at the like/dislike bar:

Oxyu8P1.png?1

To say they dun fucked up would be the understatement of the year.

52 minutes ago, Soniman said:

I hate this episode

m sick to death of XY’s blatant ratings traps with baiting bullshit like this. First it was the Ash/Serena’s date (barely a date, Ash wasnt with Serena for like half the episode), then it was Ash/Serena’s dance (they dont dance), and now it’s KALOS LEAGUE VICTORY (ash losses because…Greninja was tired??), im sick of it. Its even worse here because there was prior buildup, there was actual foreshadowing, the fucking narrator was basically like “will Ash win his first League!?!??!” as if to get people watching this embarrassment because they know XY is doing shit ratings wise.

Oh so the show has been getting shit ratings? Wasn't aware.

That just begs the question: Why not do something to spark interest again by shaking up the formula significantly?

Just now, pppp said:

That just begs the question: Why not do something to spark interest again by shaking up the formula significantly?

Actually believe it or not it hasn't. The shit ratings were with Black and White that's why they changed staff then the ratings have been consistently good. Heck episode 35 was the time the show had reached higher ratings than Yokai watch.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, pppp said:

Because this is the Pokemon anime we're talking about. A show that would much rather spread its buttcheeks for the status quo instead of having the nerve to try something new.

I don't care anymore...about anything; nothing will change, nothing will progress, and nothing of any consequence will actually happen.

Everything about this arc will be forgotten about and reset back to zero; you'll get more bland Ash, more Team Rocket always showing up, and more teasing that won't actually go anywhere.

This is the Pokemon anime, a never ending cycle of repetition and while I hold some blame on the writers, I hate myself more for letting them draw me in, I hate myself for projecting my ideals onto Ash, and I hate myself because I thought I'd swore off this series years ago.

Ash isn't the loser here, we the audience are for letting our hopes get up and believing in an ideal that will never come true.

Tl;dr I wish I never got on this hype train and I wanna cut myself for doing so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 5

I have NEVER seen so many disklikes on a Pokemon vid, and that was just a preview, lol.

Yeah this was to be expected, but a small part of me was hoping Ash finally won.

And I cannot fucking believe they brought back those BW Writers too.

See, this shit is why I read the Adventures manga instead. Regardless of what criticisms one may potentially have of it, at least it has proper continuity, character development, aging and doesn't completely revolve around a single idiot hero who doesn't actually achieve his goals.

• Thumbs Up 3