Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Fanservice 10

I think it kicked logic on curb and went beyond the impossible. Thats the HSoTD way.

When it comes to anime I usually stick to manly fighting tales like a silly caveman, but over the weekend I marathoned the first half of Kanon. I'm liking it quite a lot so far.

I knew of Makoto's fate when I started, but I didn't expect her to die so early in the series. After that death scene, it's somewhat hard for me to not get mad at Yuichi for even acknowledging another girl. :/

When it comes to anime I usually stick to manly fighting tales like a silly caveman, but over the weekend I marathoned the first half of Kanon. I'm liking it quite a lot so far.

Uguu~

Also two three questions I forgot to ask about Disappearance, they're the only bits I didn't quite understand:

Why did Yuki recreate Asakura as a obsessive, murderous nutcase?

Who was the "phantom girl" that pushed Kyon down the stairs at the end?

And Kyon mentioned at the end that he had to travel to the past two more times to finalize the decision to stay in the normal world. What in the world is he talking about?

Edited by Good News Everynoir!

Uguu~

Also two three questions I forgot to ask about Disappearance, they're the only bits I didn't quite understand:

Why did Yuki recreate Asakura as a obsessive, murderous nutcase?

Who was the "phantom girl" that pushed Kyon down the stairs at the end?

And Kyon mentioned at the end that he had to travel to the past two more times to finalize the decision to stay in the normal world. What in the world is he talking about?

It's been a while but from what I remember (if someone else is more recently informed)...

1. She didn't bring her back as an obsessive, murderous nutcase. What happened was the "reset" Yuki formed had to reconstruct the world and change a few key events and truths of the word, which included Haruhi being god and them ever meeting or forming the SSS Brigade and if those never happened Asakura would still be alive but you can say the change was "incomplete" when Kyon showed up. Yuki still had her powers and the reality plain Kyon was in was still his reality instead of the alternate one Yuki created, and though I may be mistaken since this was a bit confusing; since Asakura was recreated in the other universe she also was recreated in the normal universe, and in the normal one she is a psychotic malfunctioning unit who wants to murder Kyon.

2. This is just a guess but the phantom girl is likely just a fake excuse though if anyone it likely is one of the several units from Yuki's robot side to cover up the mess and eliminate the problem, though it could also be someone from the Association of Espers who we know a few of.

3. To prevent Yuki from creating an alternate dimension since in the real universe's timeline Yuki still caused a major disruption in reality and created an alternate dimension with immense power stolen by Haruhi and so part of his life is altered by the event IE loosing days of his life since while he was in an alternate dimension his body in the real world was in a coma. While the Overmind-thing will have it remembered since it exists in all timelines, it does not exist in alternate dimensions (as why in the alternate dimension the Overmind didn't exist and Yuki and Asakura weren't robots) and there would be serious timeline issues that still needed to be solved.

And luckily that should be the most fan service filled HOTD episode if I heard correctly. So far though the anime is following the manga perfectly so yes this episode was going to happen.

Also I LOVE Kanon. Just thought I'd throw that out there,

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Kyon had to go back

to save his own asss, like remember where he got stabbed? and there was another thing, but it slipped my mind.

lololol that was surprisingly obvious. Totally slipped my mind.

Also Dusk I appreciate your attempt but you kinda confused me, remy kept it simple :P As for Ryoko I read around a bit and apparently there's no real reason, she's just a freak anyway.

Edited by Good News Everynoir!

I love fanservice XD the more ridiculous the better. Not interested in manly fanservice though, boys are boring, sorry guys.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just watched Digimon Xros Wars episode 6 and I'm so happy Chibikamemon joined =D He looks so awesome.

The rest of the episode was really good, too. I laughed at the Marineangemon scene and I'm still loving the music.

Currently watching Code Geass for the first time, if it weren't for it being licensed by bandai visual (overpriced jerks) I would probably buy it.

Currently watching Code Geass for the first time, if it weren't for it being licensed by bandai visual (overpriced jerks) I would probably buy it.

aaaaaaaah code geass. How I love yet hate it.

It starts out as a "real robots" show with an interesting premise and cast of characters, then some SCIENCE happens and it's suddenly a Super Robot anime, complete with a bunch of painfully archetypal characters and goofy battles that move at the speed of plot.

I kind of love most of the superfast Super Robot part as well though, despite how ridiculous and at times, stupid it becomes. It's just too damn entertaining.

It starts out as a "real robots" show with an interesting premise and cast of characters, then some SCIENCE happens and it's suddenly a Super Robot anime, complete with a bunch of painfully archetypal characters and goofy battles that move at the speed of plot.

I've always viewed it as an interesting sort of mesh between Ghost in the Shell (political thriller!) and Death Note (heavy matches of wits!), being heavily character driven in spite of itself; then SCIENCE happens and it becomes Super Robot Wars (a CGNU arms race!) glued to Metal Gear Solid 2 (everyone backstabs everyone!).

Edited by Tornado

Lol saw season 1 of Geass now moving to season 2, Lelouch is a douche (I made a childish rhyme tehehe.png) , but whatever... I like the show but Lelouch pisses me off to no end... just cause he has some stupid power...

Edit: Finished it, I thought it was a good anime, I did have a few annoyances with it but it worked out nicely. I didn't care too much for the ending, can't help but feel sorry for Nannali.

She was basically an innocent bystander and her entire world was torn away from her, and to top it off her brother died in her arms (sort of), and then people rush out and cheer ZERO and everyone seems to ignore the poor girl in tears...

. But still... I think mostly everyone in the show was a douchebag forcing their ideals unto others.

Edit: Oh ok... they showed more during the credits... well shit I hate credits I only found out a few seconds ago about it...

eh everyone's happy the end BORING.

I had a hard time getting through season 2, it reminded me of getting through season 2 of death note it was like "ugh..."

Edited by Silencer226

66gjro.jpg

I knew Heroman was worth sticking with

I only cringe everytime he says Heroman. And yes, people that is a guy. Wouldn't know it would you?

I only cringe everytime he says Heroman. And yes, people that is a guy. Wouldn't know it would you?

Bridget + Girl Barry have taught me to never take things for granted (and no, I've never had Bridget's dropped on me, but I have done it to others).

Edited by Tornado

I feel like the VA started out really bad, but either I'm used to it or she's gotten better because Joey doesn't sound as much like a girl now. But when she says Heroman... that's just bad.

So I just watched the premier of Dragonball Z Kai on Toonzai, 'wasn't too bad, except for the edits. Now, they were minor, but keep in mind that the Japanese version was already edited from the original 80's version, then edited by Funimation for nicktoons. Basically, it was typical 4kids stuff, the only major thing I saw was when the one guy with the gun tried to shoot Raditz. (yes they actually kept the gun intact) Sure, Raditz caught the bullet, but it wasn't exactly a bullet...

1DragonLIGHT.jpg

it was colored light blue, and it was glowing, like a laser or something. Yes, they expected us to believe that Raditz caught light and flicked it back at the big dude with the gun. Though it is DBZ where light blasts are the norm, so I guess it wasn't so bad.. They got away with it. Also, the scene where Roshi's holding the beer- (which was already changed from brown to white by Funimation- only with the froth still on the top,) was also edited-

1DragonMILK.jpg

they simply removed the froth that was on top, so Master Roshi might as well have been drinking milk at that point.

In a nutshell, think of Dragonball Kai on Toonzai as "The edited version of the edited version of the edited version of the original."

All in all, for the first episode anyway, the show went almost unscathed. I'm relieved. Though I'm a little curious about what else will be edited in future episodes.

Edited by Ferno

^Why not just make it darker brown and say it's root beer? Why are minor alcohol references treated as such a major taboo?

And I just realized that in most scenes, Master Roshi appears to have more teeth than anyone else. He has two visible, most everyone else has zero.

I've always viewed it as an interesting sort of mesh between Ghost in the Shell (political thriller!) and Death Note (heavy matches of wits!), being heavily character driven in spite of itself; then SCIENCE happens and it becomes Super Robot Wars (a CGNU arms race!) glued to Metal Gear Solid 2 (everyone backstabs everyone!).

Am I the only one who felt like a lot of Stand Alone Complex felt like it was being slow for the sake of being slow? So frequently it seemed like the characters were just standing around having conversations about fairly obvious things instead of really doing anything.

But there is one thing about Code Geass that I did want to touch on and that's the pilot of, I want to say, the Mordrid. The big laser spammy one with the tough shields. This character bugged me because she is meant to the best of the best at piloting those robots, and yet in combat she is completely reliant on how much better her robot is than everyone else's. She never evades attacks and does nothing but float in place spamming giant lasers at anything in sight. Her methods lack any apparent tactical or strategic skill. How could she have become a knight of the round? The technology that her tactics are so dependent upon didn't exist until very recently, and even if they had been around for a while, why would they let her use it? It appears as though a highly advanced robot was created expressly for her style of combat that would never have been viable without it. She is an embodiment of circular reasoning. she's also a little Moe girl*. Because anime didn't have enough of those already.

*And also not a knock off of Rei at all.

Edited by Phos

Decided to take a look at Summer Wars, I thought it was awesome, probably gonna gos ee it in theatres when Funimation releases it next year.

And oh joy take a look at the Fall Line Up.

Not much I wanna look at besides Index season 2, To Love Ru season 2 (if it sticks with the manga), and Panty and Stocking simply for the fact that it looks weird. Actually I haven't found much I want to look at... Guess I'll take a look at each one that remotely interests me and then decide which one I'll continue from there.

Edited by Silencer226

Only Fall series that catch my interest are Panty & Stocking and Star Driver. The former I'd probably skip over if it weren't being done by Gainax with a fantastic crew working on it. Premise isn't so amazing but it's sounding like it could turn out good. Star Driver is cool just for having mecha, I'm sucker for them. The main one's design is pretty awesome too.