Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Highschool of the Dead episode 8, the creators never cease to amaze me at how easily it is for them to turn any situation into a fanservice free for all. Apparently women posses an ability that allows their boobs to dodge bullets.

"Shoot shoot shoot your gun, kill them all now, bang bang bang bang life is but a dream"-Hirano, the man's got issues.

Edited by Silencer226

what the fuck hahahaha that had more titty action then what I saw of Queen's Blade

how can they expect us to take this show remotely seriously with all the gratitious boob jiggle, why was he even groping that chick whilst shooting the sniper rifle, crazy shit lol

Even I can't be turned on by this shit. ):

I am seriously wondering what is going through the creators mind... oh wait let me bring up that quote again.

"We don't intend to forget Breasts-Butts-Thighs even in a world full of zombies"

"We want to continue adding as many breast bounces as possible"

"We think people that come to watch this anime come to watch the breasts"

"I've never seen any anime with so much breast bouncing as this one"

"The staff has gotten used to it and are bouncing those breasts without me having to say anything"

"I'm trying to make this anime in a way that I, when I was a middle schooler, would have definitely bought"

This is basically his fantasy dream in anime form. I hope to God no one out there is taking this show seriously.

The scene was just so stupid I lol'd through all of it, and many "wtf's" and confused faces were made.Also, if the characters had any brainpower at all they would have climbed over the fucking fence... and boom end of terror.

Edited by Silencer226

I like big boobs man, but breast fetishism of this magnitude is ridiculous

This could actually be a decent B-grade horror anime without all the tittays, godamnit! I can't take the plot seriously when theres a guy wrapping his arms around some bird's bust as a sniper rifle stand

Cowboy Bebop is incredible, and even people who hate anime are obligated to love it.

I watched the Speed Racer movie today for the first time since it came out in theaters. It was as incredible and loving to the original source as I had remembered it. I don't understand how anyone can not like this movie.

Totally agreed with both of those statements! Speaking of Speed Racer, I went back and watched some of the episodes not too long ago for fun, and I still love it as much as I did when I was a kid.

And I was laughing so hard at how stupid that scene was from High School of the Dead. I stopped taking the show seriously and now lost interest in it because of how much fanservice it has and how it seems to focus on mostly that.

how can they expect us to take this show remotely seriously with all the gratitious boob jiggle, why was he even groping that chick whilst shooting the sniper rifle, crazy shit lol

It's not supposed to be taken seriously. It's a pretentious b-grade zombie movie turned into a high-budget anime.

And it's fucking awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

the whole zombie thing falls flat on it's face when the threat of the zombies is being totally ignored for titties.

maybe I'm just bitter because i've been reading the Walking Dead- a comic which had an awesome take on the whole thing, but highschool of the dead just seems so lame.

I never really watched HSOTD for plot purposes really. I was at first taken on the awesome animation and the first episode was sort of false impressions, now I watch it to rot my brain. I laugh at it's stupidity and ridiculousness, yet thats exactly what brings me back to it. The fanservice is pretty awkward, but that's also what keeps me coming back because it has such a high level of mood dissonance and narm that it's a massive piss-take I can't help but love.

Edited by Columind
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, that's great. Put to me, the plot,, and setting had even I guess the characters (apart from that redhead who seems to basically be a grieving pair of tits to the writers) could make a genuinely awesome show, without having to be narm worthy or OMFG look at this stupid shit, but as it stands now it's titty obsessed director has turned into into an ikkitousen style jiggly facepalm fest.

that scene with the boobs moving faster then a bullet there is some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen, I can't even form words to describe the feeling of sheer dismay I got from watching it. Pure retardedness! absolute idiocy, using that chick as a rifle stand? what the fuck, who conceived this shit, did the director not stop himself after he descirbed how he wanted slow motion matrix cuts of a bullet passing through tits and another girl's breasts ripple as she moans in pleasure at the delight of having a high powered rifle being fired across her body, I mean seriously, it's like all brains ere turned off.

I'm probably just frustrated because I thought it'd be a decent 'for serious' anime, but lo and behold it was another load of fanservice infested tripe, I swear between this kind of stuff and moe there is nothing to watch at all in this entire medium for me anymore. I'm at the point where I'm ready to give up on this shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Be like me, stop watching TV anime. Just watch anime films. There's a lot of great shit out there, you'd think that anime actually stopped sucking these past years.

You know, I probably will. The anime films I've actually got around to watching have been pretty stellar. thinking of picking up the one piecce manga too, so that'll probably be my fill of japan

I found Metropolis to get kinda boring during what should have been a really exciting part, don't know what was up with that. I think maybe it's because they spend so long with parts that aren't all that important to the plot towards the middle. Also, I feel like they almost over animated a few bits, there's this dramatic scene where a character rotates their body slightly and it has so many frames to it.

Has anyone heard anything about the new Inuyasha episodes coming out in America? I'm bored of DBZ Kai, so I need a new show to watch where nothing ever happens but you can't stop watching regardless. And I refuse to start watching Bleach again, because, really, I have standards.

If it doesn't have to be new, I'd reccomend Fist of the North Star.

I just read some One Piece Spoilers and...

TWO YEAR TIMESKIP!!! LUFFY'S TATOO IS "3D2Y", STANDING FOR "3 DAYS 2 YEARS"!

1233418689_4755_full.jpeg

Sure, most people guessed this and the timeskip has been known for a while, because Oda said Strong World was Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old, but 2 years! I can't wait to see how everyone looks after it! And Zoro is going to be trained by Mihawk! And Luffy will learn Haki from Rayleigh. And Sanji will train against Okama! And RObin will meet Dragon (And Sabo)! I caaaaan't wait.

Oh and I hope Luffy grows a beard à la Romance Dawn.

Oh, and One Piece gets a 4(!) week break :(

Edited by MarcelloF

I just read some One Piece Spoilers and...

TWO YEAR TIMESKIP!!! LUFFY'S TATOO IS "3D2Y", STANDING FOR "3 DAYS 2 YEARS"!

Sure, most people guessed this and the timeskip has been known for a while, because Oda said Strong World was Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old, but 2 years! I can't wait to see how everyone looks after it! And Zoro is going to be trained by Mihawk! And Luffy will learn Haki from Rayleigh. And Sanji will train against Okama! And RObin will meet Dragon (And Sabo)! I caaaaan't wait.

Oh and I hope Luffy grows a beard à la Romance Dawn.

Epic chapter was epic, and,

The guy's who cried "TIMESKIPP!!1!" were right after all. O.O

Also:

I love this manga.

I have 100% confidence in Oda, if anyone can pull off a succesfull several year (2y) timeskip, it's him.

I hope the characters get a lot of development, new looks and new skills. This way the timeskip feels like an actual timeskip, not just a magic trick to advance training. The world will evolve, Strawhats fame and glory will fade, enemies will get stronger, world will change.

In the end, it seems very much that part 2 of One Piece will be almost like a "reset" for the manga.

-The world we are about to enter is completely unfamiliar ("New World"), just like when manga started.

-The direction of the story is completely open, just like when manga started

-The world is filled with exciting new characters we have never seen before, just like when manga started (all old characters have gotten development, thus they are new)

-We can look forward to new powers and abilities, we have no idea what main characters have in their pockets, just like when manga started

-Yet, when we enter, we will see the familiar faces we all love: the Strawhats.

I predict that tears will be shed when the manga finally returns, tears of joy. I know at least I will.

--

<--Is very exited about the timeskip. 2 years is not "too long". Remember, during the part 2 the Strawhats will have to be able to fight equally with Yonkou, WG Admirals (perhaps all of them at the same time even), Blackbeard and other supernova. 2 years actually feels very little training for me.

^Takes the words right outta my mouth. (From a OP forum)

Oh, and One Piece gets a 4(!) week break :(

Heard this last night. But still- FFFFFFFFFect.

Edited by Ferno

Now I feel guilty for never getting around to watching those Paprica and Memories dvds I have. I will fix that asap. :c

Me and the boyfriend has been trying to watch Pani Poni Dash for a while. We gave up around episode 17 because we couldnt take the random anymore, it was kind of quirky at first but then all the characters eventually become so random and stupid that we couldnt take it anymore.

Taking the previous suggestion here to try Kino's Journey, it's kind of dark but I'm pleased we have a proper narrative to follow again. (My boyfriend is resistant to the charms of Kanon and Clannad sadly)

Me and the boyfriend has been trying to watch Pani Poni Dash for a while. We gave up around episode 17 because we couldnt take the random anymore, it was kind of quirky at first but then all the characters eventually become so random and stupid that we couldnt take it anymore.

Pani Poni Dash is very random, but that's what I love about it, though I can see it not being for everyone.

I got my Hellsing Ultimate dvd's in the mail today (vol. 1 and 2, the 3rd is coming tomorrow or Saturday), and I'm going to start watching them.The steel cases are cool, but I was surprised to see a Best Buy Sticker on my dvd when I ordered from RightStuf.com, maybe they outsource to them or something? Either way can't wait to watch, even the cases look badass.

Edit: I've watched my first two volumes, I must say I was entertained, the internet was right, Hellsing Ultimate is bloodier than the first anime. Volume 1 got me hooked, and by the end they battled Father Anderson. And then volume 2 served up more awesomeness, and I was satisfied and want more. Volume 2 also had a few memorable quotes, and they were vulgar. ;)

Edited by Silencer226