Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

One Piece:

Wait wait wait... I've not been paying too much attention to recent chapters so I've probably just overlooked it, but...

Didn't Sabo die? D: How can Robin meet him?

One Piece:

Wait wait wait... I've not been paying too much attention to recent chapters so I've probably just overlooked it, but...

Didn't Sabo die? D: How can Robin meet him?

In the chapter after that Dragon saved a mystery person. It's most likely Sabo seeing as he got hit a chapter earlier and Dragon had already interacted with him etc.

Plus Sabo is too awesome to die.

Also, I did go back to the latest chapter and check;

I can't actually find Luffy's tattoo anywhere on him. D: It's supposed to be on his right arm, but if you look later in the chapter? Nothing. Okay, he has some bandages on his elbow, but that doesn't seem the ideal place for a tattoo....

EDIT: Found it in a couple of panels, but it seems to vanish later. Either Oda's forgetting to draw it in since it's new, or it was some kind of temp. D:

Edited by Mahzes

Also, I did go back to the latest chapter and check;

I can't actually find Luffy's tattoo anywhere on him. D: It's supposed to be on his right arm, but if you look later in the chapter? Nothing. Okay, he has some bandages on his elbow, but that doesn't seem the ideal place for a tattoo....

EDIT: Found it in a couple of panels, but it seems to vanish later. Either Oda's forgetting to draw it in since it's new, or it was some kind of temp. D:

I think it was just an armband.. Or maybe paint?

I just watched the newest Naruto episode and wtf:

Sasukebighand.png

Edited by MarcelloF

If it doesn't have to be new, I'd reccomend Fist of the North Star.

I've already seen it, actually. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Has anyone seen Gankutsuou The Count of Monte Cristo? I just got through watching it, and I thought it was pretty good. The build up to the end had me hooked. I paid $13 for the whole series and was not disappointed. It also has an actual ending, and everything wrapped up nicely. The Count, despite his agenda is actually a character I felt pity and sympathized with him, especially after seeing what he had to endure h in his past because his "friends". And as for the art style of the anime, I must say at first I thought they were nuts going with that particular style but it started to look great in later episodes.

And I just found out why the name sounded familiar, it's loosely based on the original story. But still I thought it was pretty damn good, but some might find it boring. I just loved seeing the "nobles" fall into the hands of the Count and get torn apart from the inside out.

Beppo.jpg

IT'S A TRAP! THIS WOMAN IS A MAN!

Then you might be interested in watching one of those new Fist of the North Star OVA's, one of them tells the events of the show in chronological order. It is massively confusing on account of all the shit that you gradually see taking place through flashbacks over the course of the regular show is compressed into about 20 minutes.

I'm afraid that I don't have any other ideas, though.

Rewatched Dead Leaves for like the billionth time again. It is just so much fun visually and the writing is just so funny I can never get enough of it. The style of course, is simply amazing. Retro and Pandy are two of my favourite protagonists in anything ever.

On that note, really excited for Redline : D, that looks like one sick awesome cool beans anime movie.

Wait, I've got a good one for you. It's called "Legend of the Galactic Heroes". It's a show centralized on a massive interstellar war. If you want an anime where nothing happens, this is the show for you. Let me take an excerpt from this show's Tropes articles:

Also, the pace of the story is a bit slow. (Make that extremely slow. It's possible to watch an episode where the heroes prepare for an invasion, skip ahead three episodes, and find the heroes still preparing for that same invasion.) Even so, this anime makes for an interesting, and at times compelling, watch. The world this story takes place in is thoroughly realized; the character's motives and actions seem real, and it's obvious that the author of the original novels, Yoshiki Tanaka, had a sincere love for and a good understanding of history.

I quickly lost count of the characters they had introduced over the course of the first episode. Based on it, I think Valkeria Chronicles might have taken a bit of inspiration from it. Lotta reading, though, fansubs seem to be the only way to go.

I saw School Days, main male protagonist was an asshole, glad he got his just desserts a long with that slut, I felt sorry for the poor girl in the end, but she owned everyone. Then I saw Hellsing Ultimate part 3, Alucard is once again a badass, and Sera's is once again the walking pair of undead boobs. Now I'm looking at Moon Phase, I had a feeling it would be crap... I'm actually enjoying it, too bad I don't have enough money to buy it, Toradora part 2, and Shikabana Hime Kura and Aka at the same time, but that's like $71 by itself right there.

I'm pretty certain that there will have already been a discussion about it, but I'm not trawling through 129 pages and reviving a dead conversation.

Everyone should watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Then, watch the two movies. That is all.

Right now, I'm keeping up with Dragon Ball Kai, K-ON!!, Sengoku BASARA 2 and HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD. I'm actually upset that Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is over now, it's the first anime I actually watched weekly from start to finish. Watch it if you haven't already.

EDIT: I totally had to edit my post just to show you guys what I'm buying tomorrow when payday rolls around. I love Gainax, very much. I love all of their stuff but there's one in particular that will always remain a classic to me. That anime is Top o Nerae! Gunbuster. Little did I know, the theatrical re-release is available on Blu-Ray! I am now the most excited person on the planet.

gunbuster-movie-hideaki-anno-blu-ray-cover-art.jpg

Edited by Nova

I never really watched HSOTD for plot purposes really. I was at first taken on the awesome animation and the first episode was sort of false impressions, now I watch it to rot my brain. I laugh at it's stupidity and ridiculousness, yet thats exactly what brings me back to it. The fanservice is pretty awkward, but that's also what keeps me coming back because it has such a high level of mood dissonance and narm that it's a massive piss-take I can't help but love.

Funny story. I was at my university libary trying to burn time since I have been studying really hard. I decided to watch HsOTD on the big screen computer. A girl kind of crept up behind me and saw everything that I saw. I was embarassed and quite frankly went immediately back to work. The girl asked how am I watching hentai in the library. With that statement, I got my things and left.

Pokemon anime...okay guys I suspect a lot of us know the rules of Pokemon battles and what counts as fair and bullshit. Ash finally goes a little deeper than usual in the league. Just when you think that there is no way that Ash could lose this competition, Ash has to face a dude with a Darkrai. You are probably thinking, 'Ash has beaten legendaries before, it isn't really a big deal, right?' Wrong. Not only does this asshole have a Darkrai, he also has a fucking Latios. He literally is using ubers in his team and he literally came out of fucking nowhere. Its like there is a divine entity out there always ready screw this kid over at every turn. Ash did everything right this time and he still lost because some asshole forgot that there are no ubers in tournaments. God!

Edited by turbojet

Hey Kids! Tired of all those boring animes not full of blood, boobs, and zombies? I think you all know what I'm talking about now. But are the heroes too bland for you? That's alright, join our beloved clan leader Shido and...

EVERYONE ABOARD THE ORGY BUS

2wn4txh.jpg

I have accepted fan service but there is still just too much of it since episode 6 and onward. Was going to happen though but I still can't help but think the show would be better without it. This episode outside of a few things actually went into some deep themes I have never seen explored in a zombie movie, including the "too relaxed" bit. that was interesting.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Oh my god

This is getting more and more awkward and embarassing by every episode

And I love it

And I don't get how it keeps surprising me. The beginning of the episode (10 for Highschool of the Dead in case you hadn't caught on) was a major O_O for me and I was like, "Oh god!" but to be honest besides the beginning and ending of the episode there wasn't too much fanservice (comparatively to the last few episodes). This episode was actually a lot more drama-full as the characters now in a haven came to the reality of their situations with their parents, the fact their still kids, and that staying here may make them too relaxed for the world they need to harden too. More than that, but some very tense stuff and ideas I never have seen a zombie film explore and then things are only going to get more interesting with Mr. Shido and his mindless swab of students going all orgy for him coming to the same estate our heroes are at. Counter though they also delivered in some very obvious things as well though.

The orgy was apparently censored in the main airing but the specific channel with the less censoring airing didn't censor it.

Bangbus.jpg

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Catching up to the series now (mostly the manga), that last scene makes a bit more sense; even though it's the most excessive scene probably, it's also the one that relies less on fanservice and more about further plot direction. It really only solidifies Shido's status as a sick fuck.

Atleast I thank god that scene is just still imagery. Or it'd be on the brink of hentai.

Hey Kids! Tired of all those boring animes not full of blood, boobs, and zombies? I think you all know what I'm talking about now. But are the heroes too bland for you? That's alright, join our beloved clan leader Shido and...

EVERYONE ABOARD THE ORGY BUS

2wn4txh.jpg

I have accepted fan service but there is still just too much of it since episode 6 and onward. Was going to happen though but I still can't help but think the show would be better without it. This episode outside of a few things actually went into some deep themes I have never seen explored in a zombie movie, including the "too relaxed" bit. that was interesting.

I hate HSoTD with every fiber of my body because it uses fanservice to titilate the people who watch it (tl;dr It's not funny/making fun of it), but I'm going to watch that ONE scene for teh lolz.

Ahem, anyways, I've been watching Gurren Lagann.

It kicks reasoning to the curb (IT'S AMAZING!)

I hate HSoTD with every fiber of my body because it uses fanservice to titilate the people who watch it (tl;dr It's not funny/making fun of it), but I'm going to watch that ONE scene for teh lolz.

It's just a like 3 stills, you'd get more just looking at that chapter in the manga, in other words you're wasting your time just putting in effort to see them.

Anyway, I'm looking at Shiki. It's slow, but has it's moments (dead stalker girl who loves you even after death crawling from underneath a bed and you hear her body cracking in places due to rigamortis and then she looks at your friend and drains his life force right in front of your eyes). It's pretty fucked up, this one woman killed her own mother or... drained her of all her blood and invited her buddies to join her in the feast, I was sad because the old woman was recovering from her previous attack and those bastards decided to say "fuck it, this is taking too long" and just killed her.

Edit: I'll try to find a video of that bed scene, or upload it. It's not really scary just creepy, also the little dead girl with the ventriloquist doll... I hate dolls.

Edited by Silencer226

First Gurren Lagann is amazing.

Second, it's actually played off to be really creepy because in context this is very creepy, being initiated by someone who should just die but for that reason is living and clashing with our heroes again.