Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

If you compare the manga of HSotD to the anime, there isn't that much fanservice. I mean there wasn't any gratuitous ass or titties just flobbing about. Sure, everybody in series has a huge chest, but it doesn't get in the way of the plot which is simply just recreating the Zombie Apocalypse with very capable survivors. If they took out the excessive fanservice, I suspect a lot of us would like it better and probably would be into it.

Sorry, but this always makes me laugh. Ubers, and tiers apply to the games/game mechanics only.

That wasn't turbojet's point.

He literally is using ubers in his team and he literally came out of fucking nowhere. Its like there is a divine entity out there always ready screw this kid over at every turn

That was his point.

Edited by Tornado

Watching Black Lagoon again and it's as good as I remember it to be. I recommend it. Especially the English dub which is superior to the Japanese.

Speaking of superior dubs, Pani Poni Dash! is fucking awesome and hilarious.

Looks like I'll have enough fun time to keep me entertained until Panty & Stockings with Garterbelt.

So what? He mentioned the game concepts of ubers to show what ridiculous lengths the Pokemon anime takes to make absolutely sure Ash never wins anything.

I imagine he realizes that the game rules/concepts don't apply to the anime, considering people who have never even seen the anime have still heard of "Aim for the Horn!" and "Dodge it!"

Edited by Tornado

So what? He mentioned the game concepts of ubers to show what ridiculous lengths the Pokemon anime take to make absolutely sure Ash never wins anything.

I imagine he realizes that the game rules/concepts don't apply to the anime, considering people who have never even seen the anime have still heard of "Aim for the Horn![" and "Dodge it!"

Not to mention Pikachu is a Deus Ex Machina that at times can take on big time legendaries, and then the next struggles with Pokemon in a low level area for no real reason, other than the writers felt like making it that way on the day.

Also Ash won the Orange Islands League, granted it's not a official league in the games, but it seems to count in the anime. So Ash got to win once, he just won't ever win an official league till the writers feel they can let him go (Which I'm not sure they would do unless the series itself was ending...)

Tornado is right. I am fully aware that the game concepts do not apply to the anime. However, Ash has faced thousands upon thousands of trainers. He beat Brandon,who had three legendaries but the writers had the common decency to have him only use one legendary per battle. He beat Nolan who had an Articuno. Even then, both trainers released those Pokemon because it has always been applied that owning or even using a legendary in battle is looked down upon in the anime. Hell, anybody that actively tries to catch one is always a villain. So when some jackass decides to use not only just one in a league, but two fucking legendaries, it kind of throws that concept/taboo out the window and is essentially just poor writing. All those legendaries that Ash has came accross in the series from the likes of Lugia(twice was this thing catchable, hell at one point it was obediant to him), Articuno, Moltres, Celebi, Mew, Mewtwo(it wasn't ever weakened or any position to be caught, but still)and many more could have been his.

In summary, if they really wanted Ash to lose that badly, they could have chose a better way of doing it especially since Ash wasn't stupidly limiting himself("I'll just use the Pokemon that I have recently caught in this league").

@jennytablina, yes, Ash won that, but it hardly was an official league and was more like a challenge like the Frontier Brains. Really, the challenge of that league was to put trainers in unorthodox settings(first double battle ever, one challenge was an accuracy test and a race, one was a survival contest) and then have them face some dude with a Dragonite.

Edited by turbojet

OMG! I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time! Thanks, 4kids :lol:!

.....But seriously, they rapped my childhood >(.

Rapped, you say?

Sorry, sorry. Too easy.

Seriously, though, Blue Mr. Popo is probably the funniest single edit I've ever seen in anime, and that includes "another dimension" and guns being turned into hammers. Yes, children, Kami's most loyal servant is a giant, fluorescent Smurf.

EDIT: Oh god, ninja'd. I think.

Edited by Octarine

Ah yes that opening. >3> Y'know, the rap, while annoying...Is pretty catchy. My main gripe with the opening was that they used so much footage from the episodes. Though, had they done it like this, only using footage from the opening, I would've liked it a little more.

Or better yet, they could've just used

for the opening.

Hmm... I actually thought this weeks Highschool of the Dead was good. Today's lesson Nukes solve everything. Clear signs that this shows coming to an end.

lolnu1kes.jpg

P.S: This weeks fanservice included 1 panty shot, and clips of the orgy bus. Also you find out why Mr. Shido is a prick.

And I finished Corpse Princess, the ending is WTF, there is no fucking ending, it stops in the middle of a fight. However, it was still a fun show.

Edited by Silencer226

By the way, forget that fatass plumber, happy 10th anniversary of the Second Impact.

I celebrated by not running away.

celebrate evangelion- jack off over a comatose girl

• Thumbs Up 1

No Digimon Xros Wars for FOUR WEEKS? What the hell happened? D:

They skipped a week last week and had a double episode this week. Now, nothing until mid-October.

Incidentally, I keep discovering little Digimon Savers tidbits that managed to escape me until now. I only found out about the extra 49th DVD-exclusive episode a few months back (despite it being a couple of years old), and only today found out about the CGI OVA they made last year.

Always nice to find new Digimon Savers stuff. God damn I love that series. :'3

Edited by Mahzes

I wanted to find an anime with girls that kick ass so I downloaded Canaan and then preordered the bluray on Amazon... I don't know why but I like anime with strong female protagonists, I hate whiners who can't do anything except cry and get rescued.

Edit: Interesting I just saw an old man do a drive by, jump out of a vehicle wall jump onto a bus, bust his gun, pull out some knives, jump up and get electrocuted by powerlines whilst trying to kill a girl (not sure how old she is... maybe early teens...)... wtf.

Edit 2: Wow someone's into S&M... and that doesn't stand for Sonic and Mario. A lesbian who's into s&m, and batshit insane is not a good combo, but she gets kudos for blowing up a peace meeting with a Wii Nunchuck.

Edited by Silencer226

Edit 2: Wow someone's into S&M... and that doesn't stand for Sonic and Mario. A lesbian who's into s&m, and batshit insane is not a good combo, but she gets kudos for blowing up a peace meeting with a Wii Nunchuck.

Why is everyone obsessed with Sam & Max?

Just got done with ep 12 of HotD, and all I have is "That can't be just it, can it? I do hope there are more eps because that ending was WEAK!" Well, I guess I'm going to start Kuroshitsuji Season 2 if it is any good as the first season.

Edited by AdventChild

Just got done with ep 12 of HotD, and all I have is "That can't be just it, can it? I do hope there are more eps because that ending was WEAK!" Well, I guess I'm going to start Kuroshitsuji Season 2 if it is any good as the first season.

Well the manga isn't finished so they stopped right there. Meh I thought it was an alright show.

Just finished the last episode of Heroman. Joeytomsk was pretty cool, it was a nice reference. Plus there was the whole guitar thing throughout the show. Someone must have a thing for FLCL. I enjoyed the ending a lot, it was actually kind of impressive. Particularly

Joey nearly killing himself to save the world.

And I was completely taken by surprise with the very end. To be continued? I am so, so ok with this.

So Reborn finally ended this week with 203 episodes in all. It sure had a long run on TV, like over 5 years. It's just surprising that it was never brought over here.

Good riddance. Now maybe Amano will put the manga out of its miser- oh wait it's still going.

Are they still in the future?