Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

Good riddance. Now maybe Amano will put the manga out of its miser- oh wait it's still going.

Are they still in the future?

Last time I checked in the manga months ago, they beat the big bad from the future and return to the past only to introduce another round of new, mysterious, uninteresting bi-shonen fucktards. I gave up on the series then. In other news it does seem like the Bleach manga is finally coming to a close now that

Aizen's "dead" and Ichigo lost his shinigami powers.

I love Lucky Star. It is a wonderful anime! I prefer the English dub though since it is one of the few animes that sounds just as good as the japanese one.

I've been watching/reading a lot of Anime/Manga recently, but the one that stood out to me the most was:

That awesome Mecha show, with physic defying awesomness, GURREN LAGANN, I can't describe how much I love this series, it makes you feel like you can do anything.

I love Lucky Star. It is a wonderful anime! I prefer the English dub though since it is one of the few animes that sounds just as good as the japanese one.

For a joke, I tried to watch the first episode. I backed out after five minutes. Just thought I'd like to mention that out, I'm probably going to be bombarded with hate mail.

Warning Mini Rant

I watched season 1 and 2 of K-ON... Fuck this anime, I liked Lucky Star and could put up with it, but K-ON my God. I have encountered a group of characters who I just absolutely hate, Yui being the number 1. Her ditzyness is something that starts off as kind of "lol cute" then evolves into "you are not that fucking retarded". I literally kept watching it to see if something interesting would happen, nope... Lucky Star atleast kept me entertained with it gags, this was just "Azu-nyan, let's eat cake and drink tea" "guys lets practice" "fuck practice lets eat cake and drink tea" "we have a performance lets practice, cool" "hey we are After School Shit Fest, we are going to talk for 10 fucking minutes before we get to our songs", and that's basically it. Season 2 i thought they actually had something going, they need to get new members, that lasted for 1 ep and they said "fuck that shit, let's just drink tea and eat cake, Azunyan sorry if you don't have any friends to play with you after we graduate, we're stupid bitches aren't we".

I really didn't like K-ON, I never had much of a problem with moe... but that was a fucking overload. *looks at people staring... ahem*

I also saw the Haruhi season 2., I must have no soul because the Endless Eight entertained me more than K-ON, all eight episodes of the same shit. It actually could have been good if the Endless Eight were cut down to two episodes the first and last, and then include other stuff... but nah they screwed up.

Edit: gonna watch Kino's Journey now... I should be doing my homework, but screw that shit.

Edited by Silencer226

So yeah I just watched Clannad and I got to episode 19. Stopped caring after a little while. Too dramatic.

I own that series on DVD, thought it was good... and I forgot how it ends, I think the plain girl (it's always the plain ordinary defenseless damsel) got sick or something. Either way like the rest of the Key animation on my shelf, I've only watched it once and couldn't be bothered to see it again because A)I know what's gonna happen, B) Due to A, I get bored... so technically B isn't really needed.

Gonna try and watch Card Captor Sakura, I am curious, what the hell is so special about this anime, guess I'll find out when I get off work. I'll be downloading this, $200 is a lot of money for one series that I may or may not like.

Mmmm 3 days left until Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Watching Pani Poni Dash! again and christ this show is ingenious. When English dubs are superior, they are amazing.

Gonna try and watch Card Captor Sakura, I am curious, what the hell is so special about this anime, guess I'll find out when I get off work. I'll be downloading this, $200 is a lot of money for one series that I may or may not like.

It's the definitive magical girl anime (it's not my favorite one, though), and it can get pretty emotional at parts. And there are tons of homoerotic overtones! I LOVE IT SO.

And I see that you're watching Kino's Journey. One of the greatest anime ever.

So there's been a 2 yr time skip in One Piece yew guise, here's the main cast's new appearances from new chapter:

06_07.jpg

Not much of a change besides clothing, though some things stand out, such as a big scar on Luffy's chest, Nami's longer hair, and the lack of Franky's hair.

Also, Oda says this officially marks the half-way point of the series. (In other words, expect around 10 more years of OP) :V

yeeeeeeesssss

Edited by Ferno

are-you-happy-group.jpg

I honestly don't have the patience for newer anime series...its kind of like mainstream music. I do plan on giving Kuroshitsuji a try though.

Speed Grapher is my main squeeze right now, though. Not to mention I watch Samurai Champloo over and over again.

Mmmm 3 days left until Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Watching Pani Poni Dash! again and christ this show is ingenious. When English dubs are superior, they are amazing.

You know, I've always meant to watch Pani Poni Dash and now I did. I'm LOVING it.

"IT'S MORNING NATIONWIDE, BABY!"

are-you-happy-group.jpg

I honestly don't have the patience for newer anime series...its kind of like mainstream music. I do plan on giving Kuroshitsuji a try though.

Speed Grapher is my main squeeze right now, though. Not to mention I watch Samurai Champloo over and over again.

Wow, I just finished that last week after getting my box set (24 episodes, 6 art booklets with character information, outtakes and more extras for $11 with free shipping=Win). I heard negative things about it, but I loved it from start to finish. Some of the guys in Speed Grapher are fucking pedophiles though,

the dentist practically makes love with Kagura's tooth, and the scene where Kagura was on the boat and the doc began to "play" with her while she unconscious.

But yeah, it's more than just some guy who snagged some crazy exploding photography skills.

PS: PaniPoni Dash makes no sense, and it's pointless... and that's why I like PaniPoni Dash

So there's been a 2 yr time skip in One Piece yew guise, here's the main cast's new appearances from next chapter (that's not out yet):

607630.jpg604470.jpg

Not much of a change besides clothing, though some things stand out, such as a big scar on Luffy's chest, Nami's longer hair, and the lack of Franky's hair.

Also, Oda says this officially marks the half-way point of the series. (In other words, expect around 10 more years of OP) :V

yeeeeeeesssss

Oh fuck you Oda. D8

One Piece has been going for far too long. Half way point? Half way?! It's been going for thirteen goddamned years and he's only half-way?

Eh.

To be honest, I was already starting to lose interest in the series recently. It's been going downhill in general since CP9 finished- Impel Down was overly long and (quite literally) pointless, and the final 'war' arc against Whitebeard was just plain bad. I think whether I continue to give a damn about the series any more will ride all-or-nothing on how Oda handles this time skip- although the fact that it looks like almost nothing has changed at all has me wondering if this four week break followed by a time skip is just a stunt pulled to create hype for the series.

BERSERK IS BACK BABY!

Honestly, I've never seen it, but seen some reviews and clips. :mellow:

Edited by AdventChild

dude. check out the berserk manga

i'm hyped. but I think maybe they should've waited till the manga to be over before doing a second show, although by all estimates that's probably going to be a long ass time.

Looks like there's gonna be a One Piece-Toriko double feature hitting Japanese theaters next spring, and it looks like the One Piece film's gonna be 3D (Both kinds, CGI and 3D):

(Spoiler'd for size)

1.jpg?t=1285801798

Hope Toei knows what they're doing, if anything, I've always wondered what a traditionally animated 3D movie would look like, but this seems interesting too.

Also, these guys are currently waiting for the new OP chapter, I'd say they're more than a little anxious after a month of no Straw hat action:

mangad.png

Edited by Ferno

This just in (although you might already know about it):

There is an official Touhou anime in the works. No word on whether it is to be a series or OVA.

Linkification.

We have an official anime series. Your argument is invalid.

BERSERK IS BACK BABY!

Honestly, I've never seen it, but seen some reviews and clips. :mellow:

Shit, that looks awesome. Do I have to catch up on some reading before getting into this? If its already in the middle of the series, then fuck it. I am not going to go back and read shit. I only do that for One Piece.

Eh. I went to TVtropes and peaked into it. So I guess I will make one other exception besides One Piece. I love the art and animation of this series. It just looks so appealing to my tastes.

This just in (although you might already know about it):

There is an official Touhou anime in the works. No word on whether it is to be a series or OVA.

Linkification.

We have an official anime series. Your argument is invalid.

This looks super awesome. Some of the characters remind me of ZUN for some reason xD

EDIT: The vid came with a ANN page, so I'm posting it. ANN Page

Edited by ViNCENT☆

Ok so I watched Panty & Stocking and wow that was random, I guess I had too high hopes but it's the first episode so I'll just wait and see how the anime turns out. Plus it does sex reference(kinda saw it coming) so yeah I dunno.