Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

This just in (although you might already know about it):

There is an official Touhou anime in the works. No word on whether it is to be a series or OVA.

Linkification.

We have an official anime series. Your argument is invalid.

ZUN isn't involved with that. He doesn't want Touhou to become an anime, and not to mention that is a crossover. Its an OVA.

Ok so I watched Panty & Stocking and wow that was random, I guess I had too high hopes but it's the first episode so I'll just wait and see how the anime turns out. Plus it does sex reference(kinda saw it coming) so yeah I dunno.

Subbed version where? I must see. Also if you do not go into the show expecting sex references like the fist of the north star up the ass then you probably wont enjoy the rest of it.

Subbed version where? I must see. Also if you do not go into the show expecting sex references like the fist of the north star up the ass then you probably wont enjoy the rest of it.

No I just thought of the of this forum since people complained about highschool having to much fan service(and no this anime doesn't got that "kind" of fan service) Plus Panty=sex freak and Stocking=cake freak :P.

ZUN isn't involved with that. He doesn't want Touhou to become an anime, and not to mention that is a crossover. Its an OVA.

Probably because he wants it to stay as it is: A internet-famous niche franchise. Less likely to be stalked by Nintendo that way. Besides, if he went big-time with it, all hell would break loose in the fanbase.

Edited by Axl

So I just saw the first episode of Panty & Stocking and that was the most hilariously over the top shit I have seen in my life, if people thought Dokuro-Chan set the bar high enough for how much anime can get away with shit, this tenfolded it, blew it out of the universe and dragged it back down to do the same again. This is one of the only animes where it can pull off excessive amounts of fanservice and do it right and funny as hell at the same time without going into shameless self-parody (see; HOTD). The animation is also amazing and oh christ did I say that it's OVER THE TOP AS FUCK.

I can't wait until Episode 2.

I, too, watched Panty and Stockings with Garterbelt, And I have one thing to say:

pshatersgonnahate.jpg

Seriously, I fucking LOVED it. The fanservice was, like, 45 seconds long, and it was more of a visual gag, and it was funny (To be honest, it was hot too). And the humor...I liked it.

Also, the first part was shit, and the second part was TOO FAST!

Panty & Stocking was awesome. And remember you, jackrabbits. Technique is better than speed.

Edited by turbojet

The action is great. The animation is great. The music is great. The humor is dumb.

Pretty much what I expected. I'll certainly be following this show.

No I just thought of the of this forum since people complained about highschool having to much fan service(and no this anime doesn't got that "kind" of fan service) Plus Panty=sex freak and Stocking=cake freak :P.

The reason most of us complained about HotD fanservice is because the series is presented as a fairly realistic and dramatic horror/survival anime. However, its dark atmosphere is horribly contradicted by the overuse of tasteless boob and panty shots, especially compared to the manga. Panty and Stocking however lives and dies by its ridiculous fanservice and doesn't try to present itself as anything else.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, yeah. I actually watched Panty & Stocking at random.

Man, that shit's like PowerPuff Girls for adults.

EDIT: Lulz at one reviewer calling it "Powerpuff Girls All Grown Up". :lol: It's getting massively mixed reviews, though.

Edited by Mahzes

I've seen people clamor on about how they loved the transformation sequence. Yeah, because that's the only part that uses the generic anime style shit, amirite? I honestly did not like it except for when Panty feels herself up.

Lolwut.

That bit was basically thrown in because they needed some excuse to make highly-sexualised character merchandise for the otaku crowd. I mean, geeks are hardly going to get off on the standard designs, are they?

I still reckon it's too early to tell, though. My only real concern is that the show could still turn out to be a repetitive, one-trick pony. Time will tell.

Personally, tranformation scene was "Are we done yet?". Although I suppose I'm not exactly their intended audience with that kind of stuff, anyway.

Edited by Mahzes

I've seen people clamor on about how they loved the transformation sequence. Yeah, because that's the only part that uses the generic anime style shit, amirite?

Lame-o otaku scum!!

Lolwut.

That bit was basically thrown in because they needed some excuse to make highly-sexualised character merchandise for the otaku crowd. I mean, geeks are hardly going to get off on the standard designs, are they?

I still reckon it's too early to tell, though. My only real concern is that the show could still turn out to be a repetitive, one-trick pony. Time will tell.

don't think the director has the capacity to bea one trick pony

Well, by 'one-trick pony', I was referring more to the fact that a lot of reviews so far are criticising it on the ground that "It's non-stop, unstructured vulgarity with no punchline".

I didn't personally think that myself, but still. If every episode hangs on non-stop dirty jokes, it could get a bit old.

I've seen people clamor on about how they loved the transformation sequence. Yeah, because that's the only part that uses the generic anime style shit, amirite? I honestly did not like it except for when Panty feels herself up.

Anime News Network panned the show just because of that scene. So yeah. No wonder I hate anime critics.

Like the minor live action segments, I believe everything in that show that somehow segregates from its usual style is in there simply for the sake of trying to push the ridiculous-o-meter as much past the red as it possibly can. The transformation sequence itself looks mostly like an one-off since it didn't appear in the second part.

Anime News Network panned the show just because of that scene. So yeah. No wonder I hate anime critics.

15f68i9.png

Looking forward to the OST release, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really? All the reviews I read on ANN basically criticised the show for being overly vulgar with no real structure to the humour.

I'll tell you what's really vulgar and completely deprived of both structure and humor

K-ON

2n8vipf.gif

that's like panning FLCL for the superflat scene. I read that bit on ANN and that guy is full of shit.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll tell you what's really vulgar and completely deprived of both structure and humor

K-ON

2n8vipf.gif

that's like panning FLCL for the superflat scene. I read that bit on ANN and that guy is full of shit.

Oh Panty and Stocking is much more entertaining than

K-ON

, stuff actually happens in it and the characters don't spend half 3/4 of an episode talking, drinking tea and eating cake. Some people have panned the show because it looks like American animation, oh man yes God forbid a Japanese anime company taking inspiration from American animation, the world will just end (Translation: How can I draw my own generic anime styled fap material if the characters look like this!").

Edit: screw that half an episode, more like 3/4 of the show.

P.S.: CardCaptor Sakura is awesome, and K-ON is still and will forever be moe garbage.

Edited by Silencer226
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just watched an episode (The carchase one) and it was great, sure it looks like American stuff, but I've got a soft spot for that kinda style anyway so it doesn't phase me. Though I'm sure if an American actually came up with this show, it wouldn't be considered an Animu in the slightest, just because it doesn't have your standard sparkly-eyed, cookie cutter type characters.

Edited by Ferno

I just saw Panty and Stocking. That was probably the most dirtiest and most ridiculous anime I've ever seen...

And it was fraggin awesome. I'm so following this series.

Edited by Inferno da danged recolor

I just watched Panty & Stocking. It was crazy and perverted. And it was awesome.

Edited by Axl