Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

I haven't seen a decent show on AS in a long time, I don't look at Family Guy that much anymore, and everything else is pretty crap besides the Boondocks.

Somewhere, Patrick Warburton is crying.

Oh no no no no no no no, not Bleach. Fuck Bleach. I was referring to Keikashi. I figured it was some anonymous Shonen crap, but I'd never taken initiative to actually check. And now I suppose I don't have to. I mean, like Inuyasha, but worse? Shit, its like another Bleach?

Though I am still actively waiting for Inuyasha to come back on.

Edited by Tornado

Oh no no no no no no no, not Bleach. Fuck Bleach. I was referring to Keikashi. I figured it was some anonymous Shonen crap, but I'd never taken initiative to actually check. And now I suppose I don't have to. I mean, like Inuyasha, but worse? Shit, its like another Bleach?

Though I am still actively waiting for Inuyasha to come back on.

Honestly, it is just weird. They look like monks. Hell, the main character looks like Miroku. If I could compare to something, it would be Inuyasha and Bleach before they went to Soul Society. It just didn't capture my attention and I've seen atleast 4 episodes and I can't even identify their names.

Kekkaishi? Eh, I find it watchable. Definately not the greatest anime ever though. It always bugs me how much of a butt monkey and a pushover the main character of this series is.

You guys forgot about Xavier: Renegade Angel. Yes, yes, I forgive you for your sin.

I thought we were talking about good shows.

*flee*

@ Remz, I was referring to the Saturday night block where they usually show anime. Jesus, it is like they let Sci-Fi have all the good shit while AS just gets hand me downs. Why couldn't As grab Monster or the neat Gundam series.

Oh and Remz, I checked out Star Driver and did that pimp mech just bitch slap that other mech and made it explode? I'm sorry, but that is awesome.

I actually think Kakaishi (Spelling?) is rather watchable, sure, not very exciting, but it's interesting enough to sit through when nothing else is on. The animation's not bad either.

Just started to watch the One Piece Funi dub after i took a break after Episode 60. I'm now on 118, and dear god is the Alabasta arc epic....

Recently started watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Currently on episode 3. So.... Random... It's awesome.

Edited by Axl

Don't watch season 2. After you finish episode 14, then skip straight to the movie. I haven't seen it myself, but I hear it actually redeems the series from its rut.

Pre-Season 2 Haruhi fans are so adorable. Almost like pre-Episode 20 NGE fans in their innocence.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

Pre-Season 2 Haruhi fans are so adorable. Almost like pre-Episode 20 NGE fans in their innocence.

Give this man a cookie.

Don't watch season 2. After you finish episode 14, then skip straight to the movie. I haven't seen it myself, but I hear it actually redeems the series from its rut.

Don't listen to Jake, he's being a silly man. Watch episodes 1, 2, 3, 9, and the rest after it. You get the important bits of the LOLTIMELOOP and all the new stuff that way. Season 2 was disappointing but other than the filler episodes of Endless Eight, it's by no means worth skipping.

But even the episodes after Endless Eight aren't any good! I mean there was one episode that was all DRAMA LLAMA about Kyon wanting to beat Haruhi up for her "abuse" toward Mikuru. You know, something that is normally played up for laughs.

Well... at least episode 1 of season 2 was normal Haruhi fare, but it's the only one.

seriously. The only good thing that came of s2 was the first ep. The rest of it is pure shite... The fact the eps after e8 were crap was like the punch in the gut after the endless eight ball kicking.

I can see why endless eight was animated, after watching the movie but that does't mean i like their execution.

Also apparently star driver isn't at all serious, thought so! The beautiful/fabuolous stuff was way too great to not be played for laughs

But even the episodes after Endless Eight aren't any good! I mean there was one episode that was all DRAMA LLAMA about Kyon wanting to beat Haruhi up for her "abuse" toward Mikuru. You know, something that is normally played up for laughs.

Well... at least episode 1 of season 2 was normal Haruhi fare, but it's the only one.

Episode 1 is like you said, standard stuff, plus it's extremely important to the movie. A couple episodes of Endless Eight don't do any harm because it's at least entertaining the first time and the other really make you sympathize with

Yuki

which makes the movie that much better. The rest can either be enjoyable at times or so stupid they're hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Episode 1 is like you said, standard stuff, plus it's extremely important to the movie. A couple episodes of Endless Eight don't do any harm because it's at least entertaining the first time and the other really make you sympathize with

Yuki

which makes the movie that much better. The rest can either be enjoyable at times or so stupid they're hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

to me though the whole season couldv'e been done in like... 3 episodes. Ep1, then an endleess eight set up ep and an endless eigght resolution ep.

But instead they dragged it out into the massive sprawlingg filler season it became, and it sucked.

To the person watch Haruhi, watch the 14 episodes of season one, the first episode of season 2 (besides being the best episode of season 2 it is also the most important) and then you can either skip the rest of the season and go straight to the movie "Vanishment of Haruhi" or if you really want you can watch the rest of season 2, though I will tell you now it's probably a good idea only to watch episodes 1, 2, 3, 9-14 if you choose too but to be quite honest they aren't needed and only tackle episodes 10-14 if you don't mind a bit of a serious factor. I actually liked episodes 10-14 for the most part but I could understand why others wouldn't, as it's different.

Though I absolutely love the movie, and if you only want to watch episode 1 of season 2 that's just fine. It's the only episode that really matters in the end and best you watch that before the movie.

Finally finished watching Gurren Lagann after some tedious shit that didn't really captivate me.

The ending has that Bionic Commando 2009 problem for me. It has a fantastic build-up, but while the bittersweet ending makes amazing sense considering the story, is ingenious and really carries alot of weight, it is just so bittersweet that I feel like punching the writers just to vent my frustration and at the same time telling them "that ending was really great" while crying in despair, both over how much of an effect it had and for the fact that I expected alot more. I want to love it so bad yet I hate it, or vice versa if you'd like. The symbolism of it is really captivating.

Speaking of Gainax stuff, I believe Panty & Stocking episode 2 should be out today. At least according to Wiki.

Edited by Columind

Just saw Panty & Stocking episode 2.

Great episode, found it much better than last weeks. It had a lot more plot and structure to it, and the first half in particular didn't rely too heavily on crude humour to be fun.

Second half massively so, but it was totally plot-contextual and absolutely hilarious. Will definitely stick with this show.

I personally preffered Episode 1 but that's only a minor preference there. Still loving the hell out of this show.

Also; I read that the series will establish its main plot around Episode 6 and that it'll be the first straight 24-minute episode of the show. Supposedly; the writers behind it are the same people who did FLCL and Evangelion.

I swear to fuck if this gets a Gainax ending.

Edited by Columind